7-AAA 2006-2007

MidTennFootball

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Its about 8 months before teams can even practice, but its never too early to talk about next year based on who's coming back, but lets please keep it clean.

My way way too early predictions:

1. Oakland

2. Riverdale

3. White County

4. Siegel

5. Lebanon

6. Blackman

7. Cookeville

8. Warren County

I think it goes without saying that Oakland is probably the favorite in the district considering they return 8 guys who had significant playing time. Riverdale will pose as a big time threat, especially if Burks can get this team to play to their potential instead of constantly overachieving. I feel like there has to be a sense of urgency at White County with this being Coach Mitchell's 3rd third year, he now got the talent and experience, so the pressure is on for him to deliver

I think Siegel could be the darkhorse in this district, they wont have many star players, but they have a good bunch of role players who seem to play pretty well together when they are on the court, Tye Elder and Montori Hughes could be a pretty formidable frontcourt by the start of next season. 5th thru 8th in my mind is pretty much a crapshoot, because I feel like the last 4 are going to be pretty close to each other. Lebanon could very well shock the rest of the district again with them losing so many players, I dont think they could do it again. Will be interesting to see how Blackman does, they will have a good amount of talented youth and good experience and Kyle Turnham always seems to do a good job. Will be just as interesting to see how Cookeville does losing all the talent they did in Hill, Stearman, Hennigan, Williams.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its about 8 months before teams can even practice, but its never too early to talk about next year based on who's coming back, but lets please keep it clean.

1. Oakland

2. Riverdale

3. White County

4. Siegel

5. Lebanon

6. Blackman

7. Cookeville

8. Warren County

I think it goes without saying that Oakland is probably the favorite in the district considering they return 8 guys who had significant playing time. Riverdale will pose as a big time threat, especially if Burks can get this team to play to their potential instead of constantly overachieving. I feel like there has to be a sense of urgency at White County with this being Coach Mitchell's 3rd third year, he now got the talent and experience, so the pressure is on for him to deliver

I think Siegel could be the darkhorse in this district, they wont have many star players, but they have a good bunch of role players who seem to play pretty well together when they are on the court, Tye Elder and Montori Hughes could be a pretty formidable frontcourt by the start of next season. 5th thru 8th in my mind is pretty much a crapshoot, because I feel like the last 4 are going to be pretty close to each other. Lebanon could very well shock the rest of the district again with them losing so many players, I dont think they could do it again. Will be interesting to see how Blackman does, they will have a good amount of talented youth and good experience and Kyle Turnham always seems to do a good job. Will be just as interesting to see how Cookeville does losing all the talent they did in Hill, Stearman, Hennigan, Williams.

I'm glad to see you didn't completely throw Siegel out of the picture, obivously it would be a looooong shot for a district championship, but I feel like lots of people will be surprised by the Stars next year, I look for a winning season

Oakland is the favorite in 7AAA, Oakland also has a good shot at a nice postseason run next year

Siegel will have many changes this upcoming year some have already been made just not publicly made so keep that in mind before predicting but i think oakland will be a great team and riverdale would but you got to expect that coach Burks will have another year like this past 1 and yes Cookville is losing alot but there freshman guard number 3 was outstanding i look foreward to seeing him play in the future my only thing is i want to know if and where David Barnes will be next year that could be a biy additon to a team

I'm glad to see you didn't completely throw Siegel out of the picture, obivously it would be a looooong shot for a district championship, but I feel like lots of people will be surprised by the Stars next year, I look for a winning season

Oakland is the favorite in 7AAA, Oakland also has a good shot at a nice postseason run next year

I followed this district for close to 15 years, and Ive learned that even if winning programs lose alot, that winning attitude funnels down to the very bottom and I think that is Siegel's case. I really want to see what Montori and Tye can do because I think both of them can be a force down low, especially Montori if he can learn to finish, I think those 2 hold the cards on how well Siegel can do next year

Oakland[/url'>Grad' post='825999382' date='Mar 22 2006 - 10:23 PM']

I followed this district for close to 15 years, and Ive learned that even if winning programs lose alot, that winning attitude funnels down to the very bottom and I think that is Siegel's case. I really want to see what Montori and Tye can do because I think both of them can be a force down low, especially Montori if he can learn to finish, I think those 2 hold the cards on how well Siegel can do next year

well its got to come out sooner or later but hate to ruin your hopes but Montori is no longer on the team

1. Oakland

2. Riverdale

3. White County

4. Siegel

5. Lebanon

6. Blackman

7. Cookeville

8. Warren County

1. Riverdale

2. Oakland

8. Warren County

Put whoever 3 thru 7.

1.Oakland- Post play if there only question mark. If they get good production from Shane and Kit they could make a run at state.

2.Riverdale- Team full of athletic talented players. This team is a giant question mark due to the poor coaching of Burkes. They could drop if Burkes fails once again.

3. Siegel- Siegel has talented players coming up as sophmores and had leadership in Tyler Cutter. They will be s suprise to alot of people next year.

4. White County- They seem to have had alot of talent coming up and i think that their coach will put it together this year.

5. Blackman- Became a strong team towards the end of last season. I expect them to atleast be the 5th best team this season.

6.Lebanon-Has a few good player coming up but here is where the level of talent will start to show.

7. Cookeville has a couple good players coming up but not enough to repeat the succees of last seasons team.

8. Warren County- Enough said.

Oakland[/url]Grad' post='826000009' date='Mar 23 2006 - 03:29 PM']

85warrior, Ive been meaning to ask, whatever happened to Kurt Clark? I thought he was going to be one to watch out for I dont think I even saw him play this year

Kurt Clark got some playing time this year, but not that much. I believe he started a couple of games.