7-AAA 2006-2007

MidTennFootball

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

And while were on this topic, King has nothin on Burks when it comes to the amount of transfers he has gotten, yet King still owns him when it counts. I distinctly remember a few years ago when Burks bagged 4 or 5 transfers. I can strike up one or 2 in the offseason as mere coincidence and maybe even 3, but when it gets beyond that things look pretty fishy

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And while were on this topic, King has nothin on Burks when it comes to the amount of transfers he has gotten, yet King still owns him when it counts. I distinctly remember a few years ago when Burks bagged 4 or 5 transfers. I can strike up one or 2 in the offseason as mere coincidence and maybe even 3, but when it gets beyond that things look pretty fishy

go ahead and name 'em off then...when riverdale basketball gets transfers usually its guys moving in from another state who go to their zoned school. thats the case with tee burnett and kevin smith. and of course with kit hartsfield's sister and brother in-law being employeed by riverdale he came also. david spurlock transferred obviously because of his uncle being a assistant principle. now when some move from one school in town, that looks more like recruiting than riverdales case, but i know better than to be so ignorant than to call either of them recruiting. i know why nelson, maupins, and wade left for oakland and trust me the only one of them who wanted to be at oakland was wade

Edited by tdntn

go ahead and name 'em off then...when riverdale basketball gets transfers usually its guys moving in from another state who go to their zoned school. thats the case with tee burnett and kevin smith. and of course with kit hartsfield's sister and brother in-law being employeed by riverdale he came also. david spurlock transferred obviously because of his uncle being a assistant principle. now when some move from one school in town, that looks more like recruiting than riverdales case, but i know better than to be so ignorant than to call either of them recruiting. i know why nelson, maupins, and wade left for oakland and trust me the only one of them who wanted to be at oakland was wade

I know for a fact Nelson wanted to come to Oakland. :)

Im not a big Brandon Burks fan, but I do not take him as a fool, neither do I to the boosters or fans close to the program. People find out when players are going to transfer no matter how far they are. Does Burks recruit? I dont think so, but when riverdaleman throws something out there in suggesting that maybe King has a hand in some of these kids coming, im just merely turning the question back at him. If Maupins and Nelson dont want to be at Oakland, thats peachy, I hope they find a place that they do like, for their sake and for Oakland's sake, King will play with the hand hes dealt with and Oakland fans will never have to worry about excuses from the man at the top

Im not a big Brandon Burks fan, but I do not take him as a fool, neither do I to the boosters or fans close to the program. People find out when players are going to transfer no matter how far they are. Does Burks recruit? I dont think so, but when riverdaleman throws something out there in suggesting that maybe King has a hand in some of these kids coming, im just merely turning the question back at him. If Maupins and Nelson dont want to be at Oakland, thats peachy, I hope they find a place that they do like, for their sake and for Oakland's sake, King will play with the hand hes dealt with and Oakland fans will never have to worry about excuses from the man at the top

:lol:

When Coach King gets the amount and quality of transfers that Rankin got, then we can talk, Oakland still has a few hundred to go.................

not only is that comment just flat out dumb (a few hundred?), but there are alot more football players to go around than there are basketball. but basketball is the subject at hand.

if kings name comes up in a rankin thread, i will tell king to get some rings like rankin, then we can talk :lol:

not only is that comment just flat out dumb (a few hundred?), but there are alot more football players to go around than there are basketball. but basketball is the subject at hand.

if kings name comes up in a rankin thread, i will tell king to get some rings like rankin, then we can talk :rolleyes:

Sarcasm is a powerful thing, most people who form a rational thought can discern sarcasm from the truth, if you want to point the finger, at somebody, point it at yo boy riverdaleman, hes the one that brought up the dreaded R word. So Rankin has a few rings and king doesnt, more power to him. Ill take a man who wins his own way and has stayed loyal to the schooled that hired him over 20 years ago. Rankin did great things, but I could have won state championships with some of these team

Edited by OaklandGrad

Oakland[/url]Grad' post='826019142' date='Apr 15 2006 - 08:04 PM']

Sarcasm is a powerful thing, most people who form a rational thought can discern sarcasm from the truth, if you want to point the finger, at somebody, point it at yo boy riverdaleman, hes the one that brought up the dreaded R word. So Rankin has a few rings and king doesnt, more power to him. Ill take a man who wins his own way and has stayed loyal to the schooled that hired him over 20 years ago. Rankin did great things, but I could have won state championships with some of these team

good post. face it, rhs is an eual opps recruiter, they seem to like those kids from coffee county and lawrenceburg. not just from ohs or bhs.

tell me y havin an uncle at rhs qualifies u 2 get 2 transfer . rules say a parent in the system gets u the exempt not no uncle.

I wasnt implying KIng was recruiting i am implying that when Riverdale picks up the players we recruit but when everyone else does it it is perfectly legal I even proved it because you have already accused rankin of recruiting in this thread. I am pointing it out that it is common for these kids to go from 1 school or another and it HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RECRUITING Coach King is like Rankin or Riverdale he doesnt have to recruit his record speaks for itslef now coach Burks has got to recruit HIS kidswhereas King doesnt even have to talk to them but he does (which IS LEGAL) You will not hear me bash coach Kng he is a fine man I truely like coach king he is a good honest man