Region 5 - 3A

RamblinWreck

WELL GILES COUNTY SHOULDNT HAVE BEAT CREEK WOOD LAST YEAR BUT ANYONE WHO WAS THERE KNOWS THAT THE REFEREES WERE ON SCHOOLS PAYROLL. THEY CAME BACK FROM 30-6 AT HALFTIME TO LOSE 36-39 SO I GIESS EVEN A BLIND SQUIRREL FINDS A NUT! FEEL SORRY YA NEXT YEAR! WE WILL YOU WELCOME TO THE WOOD :)

R u crazy GC dominated through that whole game and if you wanna talk about getting lucky you guys were lucky they didnt put at least 60 on yall. Yeah you guys got alot of plays called back but the thing about yalls plays is that they were all on the same drive GC had 3 or 4 tds called back on seperate drives.

As for next season it may be a different story but I know what i saw last year and they didnt get lucky yall thought yall were going to come in win by 50 but that didnt happen.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R u crazy GC dominated through that whole game and if you wanna talk about getting lucky you guys were lucky they didnt put at least 60 on yall. Yeah you guys got alot of plays called back but the thing about yalls plays is that they were all on the same drive GC had 3 or 4 tds called back on seperate drives.

As for next season it may be a different story but I know what i saw last year and they didnt get lucky yall thought yall were going to come in win by 50 but that didnt happen.

Creek Wood was an exceptionally good football team last year. They showed great character in rallying from behind to beat another very good team in Cheatham Co. The thing that made that win even better for CW is the fact that they got crushed the week before in what was probably the school's biggest game ever (Lipscomb). It would have been easy for them to pack it in and say "here we go again" after the Cubs jumped all over them early.

There were two games last year that showed what Creek Wood's team weakness was and they were the games against Marshall Co. and Giles Co. Marshall Co. jumped all over CW early but the Red Hawks (being the solid football team that they were) rallied to win the game. One week after beating Cheatham Co. (in what might have been the best win in the school's brief history) Giles Co. rolled out to a quick 37-7 lead on CW and held on for the win. What did both Marshall Co. & Giles Co. have in common last year?????? They were both teams that were very athletic with playmakers at the quarterback position and both liked to spread teams out offensively and score a lot of points.

I like the coaching staff at Creek Wood. Chuck Daniel might be the top coach in this entire region. Adding Matt Jones to the staff last year really put this team over the top. That whole senior class that is graduating this spring was phenomenal. They built a program from the ground up and got to win some games on their way out the door.

HOWEVER, with all of that having been said I would tell anyone associated with Creek Wood football that Giles Co. caught you patting yourselves on the back after you got a big win the previous week. A highly talented team that was well coached caught a great team that had fallen in love with themselves after beating Cheatham the week before and made them pay for it dearly in the first half. After the way CW played in the first half of that game it is amazing that they were able to be competitive in the second half. Everything that could have went wrong did and Giles did a lot of things right.

Was Giles Co. better than Creek Wood last year????? NO WAY!!!! For one half of football in week nine last fall Giles Co. was great and Creek Wood was horrible. That was enough for Giles to pick up the upset victory over an outstanding football team.

Its doesnt seem right that you are not ticking people off yet. Can you go to the 6-3A site and bash Lexington. :);)

I've done given my predictions for 6-3A I believe. Lexington will be a playoff team BUT they won't win the region. That will be between Liberty and Jackson South Side. Just like last year I see three teams from Region 5-3A playing once the second round of the playoffs arrive. It's just a better region from top to bottom and that was proven in last year's postseason in games such as Jackson South Side-Creek Wood, Cheatham Co.-Liberty, and Lexington-David Lipscomb. The only SOLID WIN that 6-3A had over 5-3A in the playoffs last year was the Lexington win over Creek Wood. That was the closest of all the games and it had some very questionable calls along the way. If you remember correctly the other second round matchup was between two 5-3A schools (Cheatham & Lipscomb).

Don't be a hater because Lexington's mighty basketball team got pounded in the opening game of regions AS USUAL!!!!!

Will Marshall Co. and Spring Hill open the season in week zero against one another again this season OR will that game be played later in the year???? If I recall correctly both teams had a bye last year on the 14th of October so I would guess that if both really wanted to do so then they could move the game to week eight instead of week zero.

Who does Marshall Co. scrimmage in the fall???? I know that for the past couple of years now they've been scrimmaging Pearl-Cohn. Will that continue this upcoming fall??????

Will Marshall Co. and Spring Hill open the season in week zero against one another again this season OR will that game be played later in the year???? If I recall correctly both teams had a bye last year on the 14th of October so I would guess that if both really wanted to do so then they could move the game to week eight instead of week zero.

Who does Marshall Co. scrimmage in the fall???? I know that for the past couple of years now they've been scrimmaging Pearl-Cohn. Will that continue this upcoming fall??????

Marshall will open with Spring Hill in week zero. I am not sure who they will scrimmage yet. The bye is on the 13th this year. I would assume that is to prepare for Lipscomb, which is on the 20th.