NFL bans celebrations

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the NFL is now, is the No Fun League.

No fun? Myself, watching the games is the fun part, why do you need all the hoop-la that theses guys do?

I am not crazy about celebrations, but i can handle a little when it is done out of emotion, but most of theses guys now have like people choreograph there dance 5 days before the game! And thats not football, you wanna see that, go to the ballet! The guys that do crap like this are taking the attention away from what is important, the team and directing it at themselves and all it is for is to get TV time and become more famous to make more money! I am glad to see them go with it! :thumb:

What celebration do you usually see or go to that is not planned??? The (yukky) oops, "ikky shuffle" was planned but people loved it. :ph34r:

Throwing the football against the wall, pumping up the crowd, some of the team coming to the endzone giving the player high fives and patting him on the head and maybe even lifting him up for a moment, the chest pound and pointing to the heaven, taking a knee after a TD, etc.! Celebrations like that doesnt bother me as long as it is done in good taste and not meant to draw attention to yourself and something I really enjoy seeing is these overpaid position players including there Line in the celebrations by giving them a pat on the head and telling them "Thanks"!

This doesnt bother me: http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/3839200..._smith2_get.jpg

This gets on my nerves: http://bengals.enquirer.com/2003/12/14/johnson_175.jpg

Guest dare_2_dream

Throwing the football against the wall, pumping up the crowd, some of the team coming to the endzone giving the player high fives and patting him on the head and maybe even lifting him up for a moment, the chest pound and pointing to the heaven, taking a knee after a TD, etc.! Celebrations like that doesnt bother me as long as it is done in good taste and not meant to draw attention to yourself and something I really enjoy seeing is these overpaid position players including there Line in the celebrations by giving them a pat on the head and telling them "Thanks"!

This doesnt bother me: http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/3839200..._smith2_get.jpg

This gets on my nerves: http://bengals.enquirer.com/2003/12/14/johnson_175.jpg

times have chaned also though. its all about spunk and style today, you know this. players are just giving into what the world wants. most of the world wants to see people defy rules, so i believe thats why the players celebrate like none other now.

times have chaned also though. its all about spunk and style today, you know this. players are just giving into what the world wants. most of the world wants to see people defy rules, so i believe thats why the players celebrate like none other now.

Call me old fashion, but I enjoy football more than I do a circus show!!! :ph34r:

Fun Bunch

Dirty Bird

Chad Johnson's Riverdance

All of these celebrations had teammates involved in them and now they are banned. This is all done in good fun. It is not hurting the game whatsoever, wanna know whats hurting the game.

Commissioner

Penalty Flags

Zebras

You know what I hate to watch? An old man who wants to eliminate all the fun in the game. Penalties on contact down the field. You say you are old-school, well today WR get a free pass down the field and they don't have to work for anything. Then what is more painful then seeing a group of old men ruin the game by missing calls or trying to take the game over. That is more of a problem than endzone celebrations.

Fun Bunch

Dirty Bird

Chad Johnson's Riverdance

All of these celebrations had teammates involved in them and now they are banned. This is all done in good fun. It is not hurting the game whatsoever, wanna know whats hurting the game.

Commissioner

Penalty Flags

Zebras

You know what I hate to watch? An old man who wants to eliminate all the fun in the game. Penalties on contact down the field. You say you are old-school, well today WR get a free pass down the field and they don't have to work for anything. Then what is more painful then seeing a group of old men ruin the game by missing calls or trying to take the game over. That is more of a problem than endzone celebrations.

I couldnt agree more.... :thumb:

I couldnt agree more.... :thumb:

Yup, but Americans are all sheep that somehow feel that "have" to watch the NFL as a ritual each Sunday, when it's a watered-down product at best. Ah, you got to love marketing. It doesn't matter how bad (and boring) the game gets, the NFL has all of us in their pocket because of marketing.

I really don't care about the TD celebrations. Do what you want, that's fine. The defense should either keep you out of the endzone or knock your head off the next time you touch the ball. What gets me are the guys who celebrate after a regular tackle, spike the ball after a 7 yard gain, etc.

You know what I hate to watch? An old man who wants to eliminate all the fun in the game.

This statement tells me one thing, that you know nothing about the game of football and the only reason you watch is to see Chad Johnson riverdance! Is the game itself not fun enough for you? You said it, that the old men take ALL the fun out of the game! Is the game not fun for you? Seriously you need to start watching ballet if you feel cheated by the NFL for taking the riverdance away!

Myself, I enjoy the football game!!! :thumb:

This statement tells me one thing, that you know nothing about the game of football and the only reason you watch is to see Chad Johnson riverdance! Is the game itself not fun enough for you? You said it, that the old men take ALL the fun out of the game! Is the game not fun for you? Seriously you need to start watching ballet if you feel cheated by the NFL for taking the riverdance away!

Myself, I enjoy the football game!!! :thumb:

Ha, Ha, Ha, I know nothing about the game of football? I am willing to put money on it that I know more than you do. I hate that the NFL feels the need to give the offense every advantage possible on the field. What happened to earning what you get? Imagine if Jerry Rice, Art Monk, and other great recievers didn't have to worry about being jammed and roughed up every play. Marvin Harrison wouldn't of survived playing in the 70's, 80's and early 90's. The NFL now worries more about uniform violations than the officials they put on the field. Let's take away cut back blocks away from the ball. Wonder what Dick Butkus and other legendary players think about that. If you don't want to get knocked on your butt, then keep your head on a swivel. That is just the start of why I feel cheated by the NFL. I want have to go watch the ballet in the near future because that is where the NFL is headed.