NFL bans celebrations

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Ha, Ha, Ha, I know nothing about the game of football? I am willing to put money on it that I know more than you do. I hate that the NFL feels the need to give the offense every advantage possible on the field. What happened to earning what you get? Imagine if Jerry Rice, Art Monk, and other great recievers didn't have to worry about being jammed and roughed up every play. Marvin Harrison wouldn't of survived playing in the 70's, 80's and early 90's. The NFL now worries more about uniform violations than the officials they put on the field. Let's take away cut back blocks away from the ball. Wonder what Dick Butkus and other legendary players think about that. If you don't want to get knocked on your butt, then keep your head on a swivel. That is just the start of why I feel cheated by the NFL. I want have to go watch the ballet in the near future because that is where the NFL is headed.

I am not going to sit here and ramble on about who knows more about footbal with you because I know the answer, but what you just stated has nothing to do with the subject that we have been talking about which is celebrations! Why you go out of the way to bring such classy players into this I dont know? But if you want to get back on subject then I will sit here and say the NFL is moving in the right direction with this celebration thing! :thumb:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going to sit here and ramble on about who knows more about footbal with you because I know the answer, but what you just stated has nothing to do with the subject that we have been talking about which is celebrations! Why you go out of the way to bring such classy players into this I dont know? But if you want to get back on subject then I will sit here and say the NFL is moving in the right direction with this celebration thing! ;)

You are the one who brought in those apples. Yes it does have something to do with celebrations. The league is more worried about how the players react after a play or touchdown then what goes on during the play. I say that is pretty relevant.

How about this, the Lambeau Leap is allowed, but Chad Johnson can't riverdance, or Steve Smith can't row his canoe. Where is the consistency? If you are going to ban one then you need to ban them all, dont be subjective. Leave it too Old Man Paul to screw it up.

I can't believe I had forgotten this to throw out there about this.

Back during the 90s run of the Cowboys, Irvin, Smith, and all of them decided that they weren't getting enough endorsement deals despite their success. They figured out that no one knew what they really looked like becasue of their helmets. So they decided that whnever they would score, they would rip their helmet off in the endzone. It wasn't to show off or anything, it was just to get their face out for possible endorsements. Well.......within a month, you guess it, it was a flag if you took your helmet off in celebration.

Yes, the guys over all the leagues are trying to control their sports too much. Some of it I agree with, this I don't. In football, if a guy is celebrating, let him do it. If a receiver tries to show you up in his celebration, then let the free safety drill him over the middle one time and that problem will be taken care of. Laissez-faire, let the players police themselves. It worked quite well for a long time.

I've said it before, and I stand by it. The NFL is getting too big and powerful for its own good.

Back during the 90s run of the Cowboys, Irvin, Smith, and all of them decided that they weren't getting enough endorsement deals despite their success. They figured out that no one knew what they really looked like becasue of their helmets. So they decided that whnever they would score, they would rip their helmet off in the endzone. It wasn't to show off or anything, it was just to get their face out for possible endorsements. Well.......within a month, you guess it, it was a flag if you took your helmet off in celebration.

Yes, the guys over all the leagues are trying to control their sports too much. Some of it I agree with, this I don't. In football, if a guy is celebrating, let him do it. If a receiver tries to show you up in his celebration, then let the free safety drill him over the middle one time and that problem will be taken care of. Laissez-faire, let the players police themselves. It worked quite well for a long time.

I've said it before, and I stand by it. The NFL is getting too big and powerful for its own good.

Looks like we agree on something again. This is getting scary.

Guest dare_2_dream

let them celebrate! touchdowns are given, they are earned. they deserve to have a little fun after scoring. it shows that they actually are humans and want to have a good time and have fun with their job. i say let them celebrate until they pass out from it.

Agree

I always enjoy the celebrations as long as they don't go overboard like the incident at dallas when TO went out in middle of the the star...I say they pull out all of the markers they want, play with the palm palms, have any sign they want, fake pull down their pants or whatever they want as long as they don't hurt anyone...

Guest dare_2_dream

They have earned it,let the celebrations continue.

I agree. To make it to the NFL is enough work in itself but to actually score is a lot more hard work.

I agree. To make it to the NFL is enough work in itself but to actually score is a lot more hard work.

Well as long as it doesn't hurt anyone physically and doesn't personally attack anyone than I see no wrong in it...For example:

The sign Chad Johnson holds up where it says NFL please don't fine me again...That attacks the NFL and shouldn't be allowed...I see know wrong in pulling out a sharpie and signing a football and giving out...

Ok, so in reading these threads, I get a real sense that there is a segment that doesn't want ANY bans on anything, anything goes- right?

Where are you drawing a line or do you draw no line?

We will not then worry about taste, we will not worry about props, we will not worry time limit or number of people involved. . . just do what ever you want, script it out, no holds barred. Make me laugh, disgust me, doesn't matter. Go ahead push the envelope. Express yourself. Simulated sex with a cheerleader. Express your political views: simulated burning of a KKK cross; rip your shoulder pads off and throw it into the crowd-it's all the same and up to the creative juices of the performer, right?

There is a league that does it already. It's athletes are cartoon caricatures, and the legitamacy of what they do has disappeared. It's all about the individual performers and nothing else. Ratings have tumbled as we get numb to the stunts.

It's the WWE.