Rankin not only coach that can win at Riverdale.

runtheball

end of riverdale....no such thing!...just because they MIGHT, and i stress, might lose a game, doesnt mean that is the end of the riverdale program....will they be a contender....YES! who wants to play riverdale in the playoffs with them being projected as a "underdog"?no one in the state! riverdale players are the BEST in the region...they have proved it year in and out...will they be beat???every team can be beat...u look back to riverdales championship years and they had several close games...but they have the experience to win ..its second nature to them....they are the champs of the region....and untill they lose ,should be respected like the champs they r...

riverdale is still a team to recon with!!

Nicely said. :lol:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people talk about the well going dry but there are many kids that go to Riverdale that don't play football that should. Many hear about Rankin or have had some kind of problem and don't play, its a shame but it happens. A new coach could generate a little interest and bring a handful of kids out that could help.

That's funny. You read that same bull every time a new coach arrives on the scene. There will be just as many kids that don't like the new coach for some reason as didn't like the old coach. Too white...too black...too hard...too soft...too stupid...or whatever the reason. The numbers will ratchet up and down over the years and kids will like or dislike the coach based on their own truths. He might bring out a handful of new kids and the same number will not come out for whatever reasons. It all works out in the end. I think Riverdale will still have great teams...and anyone that knows rankin knows he didn't leave because the cupboard was bare. people move on in life...there will be Riverdal football after Rankin and there will be Rankin after Riverdale football.

Ole Dad

people talk about the well going dry but there are many kids that go to Riverdale that don't play football that should. Many hear about Rankin or have had some kind of problem and don't play, its a shame but it happens. A new coach could generate a little interest and bring a handful of kids out that could help.

end of riverdale....no such thing!...just because they MIGHT, and i stress, might lose a game, doesnt mean that is the end of the riverdale program....will they be a contender....YES! who wants to play riverdale in the playoffs with them being projected as a "underdog"?no one in the state! riverdale players are the BEST in the region...they have proved it year in and out...will they be beat???every team can be beat...u look back to riverdales championship years and they had several close games...but they have the experience to win ..its second nature to them....they are the champs of the region....and untill they lose ,should be respected like the champs they r...

riverdale is still a team to recon with!!

I did what you said and checked the scores of the games in Riverdale's state championship years looking for the "several claose games". During the regular season of '94 the closest score was 24-7, in '97 it was 34-13, '01 was 21-6, and in '04 it was 48-28. Not exactly any barn-burners there.

Rankin did a magnificent job at Riverdale and took the program to a level of success that few programs ever reach. However, over the last couple years the program began to lose some of that momentum as everyone around the program began the "Rankin watch". Uncertainty is never good for a program and I'm sure that some of the players/coaches began to question his commitment.

The talent level at Riverdale is good, the kids are out in droves, they work hard, and the parental support is great. The right coach, who comes in with a purpose, will have the program rolling full speed ahead in no time. There seems to be several outstanding candidates and I'm sure Mr. Nolan will make a great choice.

This biggest obstacle in front of Riverdale this year is a very fine Smyrna team. Riverdale can be one of the best teams in the state and still have trouble with those guys.

My forecast in this transition year is that Riverdale will go to at least the 3d round of the playoffs.

Yeah...they lost that momentum at the tune of 28-1. :justwrestle: