Let's just do away with public school sports!

CPGB06

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"So if the profits from the coke and other vending machines went into the educational side of the budget my taxes would be lower right?"

careul, transmitted disease,

if you reach too far,

you will topple.

besides, i fail to understand your objection

to paying the coaching stipends with your tax dollars.

just think;

what other tax dollars go to pay someone

who waters it down to about two bits an hour

by excessive work...

and, on top of that, approaches the work with enthusiasm,

even passion?

what other workers are your tax dollars paying

who have to be watched to keep them from working more than is allowed?

if only ALL our tax dollars were squeezed and stretched

like the few that trickle into high school sports...

Laz...VERY good points there. :lol:

Oh and by the way those are my initials since birth and no way related to your gutter thoughts.

std...no need to take any offense. Lazy-R-Us likes to have "pun" with everyones name. I would edit it if it was just one person he did it to, but he does it all the time and I firmly believe it is done in fun and no harm is or was intended. He`s kinda like the Chris Berman here putting a twist on names. I have to admit they make me laugh whenever he comes up with a new one. Yours was pretty good. :lol: But if it truly offended you then I`m sure Laz won`t do it again if asked.

Okay... I started this thread... then had a complete hard drive crash... lost my job.. the AC in the vehicle went out... the AC in the house in not working correctly... and the dog peed on the rug in the dining room... Other than that... things have been great! I'm back :thumb:

I knew that posting this would start another up-roar. It just shows how far apart publics and privates are. I do not know if there will ever be anything that the two group will *completely* agree on. If it is not suspicion that privates recruit, it is that the privates’ help with the tuition, or that privates have an unfair advantage for a multitude of reasons. Or publics do not allow private a say-so in TSSAA, or public say that they have to play smaller privates schools by 180%.

If you really step away from this and just look at what all of this has become, it is just really sad.

Edited by CPGB06

• 3 weeks later...

thats probably one of the dumbest thing i have ever heard, so are you just saying that only rich people who go to private schools should be allowed to play sports in high school, high school sports sends alot of people to college and definitely should stay in public schools

Well not all private school kids or their familys are rich. Take into account the people who put eveything in to send their kid to a private school for the education and safty and as a by product they play a sport and contribute.

Parents have a choice as to which school their children will attend. I choose for my children to attend public schools as I am a strong supporter of a public education. With all the programs my sons have been involved in, parent boosters are the main source of income for these programs. Everthing from uniforms-transportation has to paid for by the programs themselves. Rest assured, a coaching supplement is not a huge portion of a systems's budget. I love sports for my children and don't mind supporting them. Better than paying for their bail.

Parents have a choice as to which school their children will attend. I choose for my children to attend public schools as I am a strong supporter of a public education. With all the programs my sons have been involved in, parent boosters are the main source of income for these programs. Everthing from uniforms-transportation has to paid for by the programs themselves. Rest assured, a coaching supplement is not a huge portion of a systems's budget. I love sports for my children and don't mind supporting them. Better than paying for their bail.

Some parents don't really have a choice. If you live in one of the rual counties you could have to drive 50+ miles to attend a private school unless you wanted your child to attend a boarding school. Now if you live around one of the major cities that is another story.

I surely hope this thread is a joke cause if it isnt you guys who support the topic's starter are complete idiots. Just think for a minute if there wasnt public school sports the crime rate and drug use of teens would increase drastically cause sports keep a lot of kids out of trouble and away from things that they shouldnt be around. Plus without public school sports there would be a lot of great talent without the chance to get noticed especially if they dont have the money to pay for a private school. So maybe you shouldnt worry about a few extra dollars when it comes to taxes cause those dollars are going to a good cause and maybe even saving a couple of kids lives in the process.

Well not all private school kids or their familys are rich. Take into account the people who put eveything in to send their kid to a private school for the education and safty and as a by product they play a sport and contribute.

they just don't want their kids around kids that goes to public schools during

the week, but is ok to play sports.

if it was not true they would't seperate.

That`s not true sharptop. In fact I know of several kids that were having difficult times in public schools and their parent`s put them in private schools to see if a change in discipline would help. And these aren`t high school kids. These are/were kids in middle and elementary school. The parents wanted them in public school.

Your opinion is so mislead. You think it is to get away from public school kids. Maybe it is true in some cases, but living here in Jackson it has more to do with getting away from the public school system. It has nothing to do with the kids.