Let's just do away with public school sports!

CPGB06

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well not all private school kids or their familys are rich. Take into account the people who put eveything in to send their kid to a private school for the education and safty and as a by product they play a sport and contribute.

not all private school kids are rich, as example look at mccallie, $15000+ a year , you have to be pretty wealthy to pay that for four-seven years

That`s not true sharptop. In fact I know of several kids that were having difficult times in public schools and their parent`s put them in private schools to see if a change in discipline would help. And these aren`t high school kids. These are/were kids in middle and elementary school. The parents wanted them in public school.

Your opinion is so mislead. You think it is to get away from public school kids. Maybe it is true in some cases, but living here in Jackson it has more to do with getting away from the public school system. It has nothing to do with the kids.

Exactly..and this is a major reason behind the lopsided results in head-to-head matchups between public and private schools.

Edited by Indian

Many parents send their kids to privates for religious reasons. Not to get away from kids at public schools. They want their kids to be able to learn about God in school and be able to pray without being sued by some nut.

that's why we go to church is to learn about God.

Christian schools are a bit hypocritical. I`m not trying to put them down or the decision of parents for sending them there, but the most popular reason you hear from parents for choosing them is because the government has taken Christ out of the schools. Well I submit that they are guilty of the exact same thing. It`s just my silly opinon, but Christ and Christian values do need to be in the public schools. By attending private Christian schools they are in esscence taking Christ out. Public schools need that influence amongst the student population. Being a Christian should NOT be the responsibiltiy of any school. It should be between the family and the church to nurture young Christians. The Bible says to go out and witness. How can you witness when you run away from the places you are needed most?