State Record? Mikie Minor

knofler

Yes, you can get 4 Ks (or more) in an inning (PB on strike 3) and you get credit for 1.1 innings pitched. So if you had 4 Ks every inning for 7 innings you would have 28Ks and get credit for 9.1 innings pitched, even though you actually only pitched 7 innings. But I'd be finding me a new catcher if that happened.

Jeez Captain Obvious, you think? A lefty who throws in the 90s? Surely not.

no you don't get credit for 1.1... no out was recorded on the strike out therefore it doesn't count as 1/3 of an inning... one other thing, in HS baseball there are only whole number innings, 1 pitch = 1 inning to the TSSAA. however, as far as stats are concerned you can keep them per out 1.1, 3.2, etc

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the upms helped minor all night he didnt do it all by himself the ump gave mikie everything inside and out an from the ankles to the head. an wouldnt give the the other pitcher nothing

LOL I love this. Huntland has a good team but come on give Mike the credit he deserves and quit whining. If you play out the rest of your season you may get to meet him again.

u wouldnt have touched him even if his strike zone was smaller so it doesnt matter much now does it

well they gave him everything from ankles up just because he had all them scouts their to watch him they made him look good dont get me wrong he is a good pitcher and all but they gave him everything

well they gave him everything from ankles up just because he had all them scouts their to watch him they made him look good dont get me wrong he is a good pitcher and all but they gave him everything

Let me get this right. 11A umpires gave a 9A pitcher a hugh strike zone to make him look good in front of a half dozen pro scouts (which is the average number per start) but knowing where the strike zone is only 4 batters put the ball in play, 3 hits and an error. How many called third strikes were there. I listened to the game and Huntland was swinging. Mikie was in a zone. Get over it. Huntland has a great shot. Get back to work.

He only struck out 20. It was in 2003 against Sycamore in the Regional Semi-Finals. The TBCA has the opponent wrong, it is Sycamore not Fairview.

Yeah, he ONLY struck out 20.

That's not too shabby.

I tip my hat to all those guys who had big

strikeout performances. Pretty amazing.

This is riduculous! I sat directly behind the plate the entire night. While the umpire did have a wide strike zone it was fairly consistent on both sides. I didn't hear you complain when he rang up two of our first three batters on balls so far off the plate that your catcher couldn't even hold onto them! The difference in this game was our batters adjusted and hit both of your pitchers to score 12 runs, while your batters couldn't hit Mikie. Quit whining and move on with ther rest of the season. Huntland is the best single A team we've faced this year and should make it a long way into the post-season. Hope to see you there. Congratulations Mikie on the record and the great game!