Farragut?

[quote name='TG24' date='Jul 23 2006 - 09:24 PM' post='826081546']

No, not any given team on any given night. You're not going to see a 2A school beat a good 4A or 5A school. Alcoa did have a very impressive win against McCallie, but, beating McCallie doesn't even close to mean they can hang with teams like Ooltewah, OR, Farragut, etc. Maryville is a 4A school, and they were beating Alcoa like there was no tomorrow until Quarles let up early in the second half. If they wanted to, they could have pushed the margin to over 30-40. Most people agree that Maryville and those schools (Ooltewah, OR, Farragut) are basically on par. Even with the 20-point win, it was still dominance. Alcoa doesn't hang with any of those teams.

Since U say Farragut is on par with Maryville try this......

Alcoa beat Maryville in 2000 and then Maryville went on to win State in 4A and Alcoa in 2A.

Thanks for proving my point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

What about 2001,2002,2003,2004,2005?? Computer polls also mean nothing, look how high Alcoa is.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about 2001,2002,2003,2004,2005?? Computer polls also mean nothing, look how high Alcoa is.

No, not any given team on any given night. You're not going to see a 2A school beat a good 4A or 5A school.

Your words not mine. Just showing you that it could happen just like it has in the past. Your probably to young for this info but McCallie use to play against the largest public schools in the state and held there own.

Edited by rigger101

Alcoa only gets ranked high in state becasue they win. not because they could be the best. im sure Alcoa could beat Farragut 1 out of every 30 games. but there is no reason Alcoa should be ranked as high as they are. its just because they win. too bad those polls arent like college football.. usually in college football you have to be good to be ranked. not just win. Alcoa shouldnt be ranked higher than the 15th best 5A team. but whatever. they are just polls. i do agree with rigger though about all oak ridge really has to cheer about is football.

if your gonna use the logic of they beat a team that beat a team.. Farragut beat Powell who won @McCallie who beat Brentwood Academy who beat Ravenwood... so i guess Farragut is just as good as or better than Alcoa.

How many D-1 prospects have they had over the last couple of years vs. a Farragut?

Face it they would have every reason to get fired up to beat a Farragut! A giant school of 2,200+ Knox Co, rich kids vs. the blue collar working class of Alcoa.

What would Farragut be playing for except not to get embarrassed.

Alcoa would have nothing to loose and everything to gain.

Just like when they went to Chattanooga and beat the upper crust preps of McCallie.

theres no need to assume everyone that goes to farragut is rich. learn what your talking about before you speak. and a D-1 prospect means nothing unless they actually go D-1.. but how many other "D-1" prospects has Alcoa had in other sports? and just because the parents of a kid in Alcoa are "blue collar" doesnt maek the kid a blue collar worker.. now does it. just like if a Farragut kids paretns are rich doesnt mean the kid himself is rich.

some of your logic is just whack.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

Alcoa only gets ranked high in state becasue they win. not because they could be the best. im sure Alcoa could beat Farragut 1 out of every 30 games. but there is no reason Alcoa should be ranked as high as they are. its just because they win. too bad those polls arent like college football.. usually in college football you have to be good to be ranked. not just win. Alcoa shouldnt be ranked higher than the 15th best 5A team. but whatever. they are just polls. i do agree with rigger though about all oak ridge really has to cheer about is football.

if your gonna use the logic of they beat a team that beat a team.. Farragut beat Powell who won @McCallie who beat Brentwood Academy who beat Ravenwood... so i guess Farragut is just as good as or better than Alcoa.

theres no need to assume everyone that goes to farragut is rich. learn what your talking about before you speak. and a D-1 prospect means nothing unless they actually go D-1.. but how many other "D-1" prospects has Alcoa had in other sports? and just because the parents of a kid in Alcoa are "blue collar" doesnt maek the kid a blue collar worker.. now does it. just like if a Farragut kids paretns are rich doesnt mean the kid himself is rich.

some of your logic is just whack. How would U compare programs? The only logic I've seen is FHS is a top 10 5A program so little Alcoa couldn't beat us. They have been beating 5A programs for years. THE LOGIC IS ANY GIVEN TEAM CAN WIN ON A GIVEN NIGH! Alcoa has proved it, I'm sorry our Admirals have not against OR!

!

Well folks I've set in stands watching Farragut Football, Basketball, Wrestling, CC, Soccer and Baseball since 2000. I have listened to what other schools have said for years. I know just like you do what the perception is of Farragut at other parts of the state. I know we have fine families of all types in Farragut and have loved living here. I chose to bring my family here in 2000.

However, I love all sports and my eye's and ear's are wide open to perception and truth of living and going to school at FHS.

Here's some common teams that both programs played in 2004.

FHS at Heritage W 7-6 Alcoa vs. Heritage W 20-7

FHS vs. William Blount W 28-14 Alcoa vs. WB W 20-7

Bottom line is they can play!

It gets worst if you compare it to Farragut’s 2000 season.

I wish the best for the Ads this year but if Alcoa was in the mix I would give them the edge in winning against the big boy's in blue.

Going to their games is what HS football is all about. Oak Ridge, Maryville and DB have it and FHS needs to work on it.

It kills me every season at Home Coming when half the student's don't show up until after the half and the rest leave after the half. I don't think you would see that at the above mentioned schools.

Again I would love to see the Admirals go undefeated. Maybe with the new coaching input the can reach the next level and bring home a Gold Ball!

Edited by rigger101

Now.........................thats funny! :thumb: Uh.........I disagree! :thumb:

Yeah, I think TG24 needs to get a grip on his TN HS Football.

Here is one more for him from the smart folks in D-II (McCallie and folks)

QUOTE(WesVols @ Jul 24 2006 - 09:41 AM)

Here are some stats for you, courtesy of rollredroll, who is a Tennessee high school football historian.

Since the split, teams from DII-AAA have a 52-20 record against 5A teams and a 42-8 record versus 4A teams.

On four occasions, a DII-AAA team that did not win the state championship beat the 4A or 5A state champion.

1997: MBA 23, Pearl-Cohn 22

2002: Brentwood Academy 17, Brentwood 7

2003: Christian Brothers 21, Germantown 10

2005: Brentwood Academy 20, Ravenwood 14

I love teaching the young!

does anyone on their team squat 615 pounds? dont think so. we have 5 guys thats squat 500+ ....no this is not a leg press, this is a free weight squat. we have receivers that bench 300 pounds. i am 5'10 150 pounds and i can squat 350 and bench 250 they cannot compete with our strength this season we are gonna push everyone around farragut ads region champs baby

Just wanted to say that farragut actuallyhas the strongest kid in knoxville. No lie, i was his teammate last year. Adam Wingren has own every combine he has went to total bench reps and he owns every record in the weight room at farragut breaking all of nick reveiz's marks. Adam squats actually more then 615, it is 635, benches 445 and power cleans almost 350,and this is no bs my friend. And they have prob 8 or 9 guys who max over 500 squat. This class is the strongest and probably biggest size wise farragut has had in a decade. The top players get trained by McCalies old strength coach, Jason Elkien or whatever at D1 sports training. So just know what you are talking about before you start trying to brag.

rigger.Of course no one shows up.. its homecoming. thats normally when u play the worst team every year. which means its a snooze. believe me im in high school. no on goes for the halftime like alot of the parents.most students go for the game(and other reasons..). and if its not gonna be a good game there is no point in going. btw u will see me at every single game this year. i will stand out dont worry. im sure that if looked at a Alcoa student Section vs. a Farragut one even with ppl not showing up and leaving we'd still have more kids. yes we are a bigger school. when i was at the oak ridge games last year i didnt see that many students. so i dont know where ur getting that they have more school spirit and more of them show up at. maryville maybe different i dunno though. i dont care for em. so uve only been watchin Farragut since 2000. amateur. and with ur fun little stats about Alcoa playing "good" teams and what not. did u ever once think its harder to win a state championship in 5A. probly not. im sure its not as hard as u think to win in 1A or 2A or even 3A. i guess the only way we would find out who would win between Farragut and Alcoa is if they play. but that will never happen. and once again im sure Alcoa could beat Farragut...1 out of every 30games. and with ur stats about Alcoa beating heritage.. im sure its not a big present for a 5A school getting to play a 2A. i wouldnt want to play that game. thats just dumb that that game should ever happen. make the 5A schools play 4A not 2A. in my opinion the schools just couldnt get into the game because they figured it was a waste of time to even play them. i would feel the same way.

once again.. your logic is whack.

Farragut is better than u think. jsut because they play their worst game of the year vs. oak ridge doesnt make them a bad team. they shoulda beat central last year. if anyone actually knew some of the stats they would know that. 6 turnovers for farragut.. hard for anyone to win with that.

So farragut cant prove themselves they can win except vs. oak ridge? thats what ur saying. the only way the can prove themselves is if they beat OR.i think beating a team twice that beat at teh time 3 of the top 5 teams (Cookeville, Oak Ridge, DB,)in 5A is pretty good if not better than jsut beating oak ridge. and u say Alcoa has been beating 5A teams for years.. have u seen the teams they have played. WB and Heritage. wow Heritage.. one of the worst 5A teams in the state. and WB seems to be on the decline as well. once again its stupid that those games even take place. and im sure those teams thought it was worthless to play the game so they didnt show up to play and alcoa was like wow we get to play a 5A team lets win a prove we are good. then everyone realized they beat heritage and were like wow anyone can do that then the whole game was jsut waste of time, money, and a friday night.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

Now.........................thats funny! :) Uh.........I disagree! :lol:

My thoughts exactly :) TG24 makes some good points , but when he starts saying 2 schools that have never even sniffed a championship ( Farragut , & Ooltewah ).... ever , are on Par with Maryville ..... ya gotta wonder .

ihavenofriendz--no Farragut should not have won against Central last year. You keep bringing up the 6 turnovers but give no credit for Central causing them. The Central players/coaches must have seen something about the way the ball was being carried by the backs and they tried to strip the ball on a lot of tackles. On the interceptions, the dbacks were in the right places at the right times. I thought Central was in better game condition as well. If you will remember, from about the middle of the 3rd quarter on, it was very one sided. Central could have hung another score on the Ads but decided not to near the end of the game. The Ads had a chance to get a big lead early, but the Central D stopped them to keep it close until the offense could get on track.

You guys get another shot at the Bobcats this year. Central will be young and unproven at several positions and I expect this game will be close. It will be the 2nd game for the Cats and the game will be at Central, so they should have a slight edge.

does anyone on their team squat 615 pounds? dont think so. we have 5 guys thats squat 500+ ....no this is not a leg press, this is a free weight squat. we have receivers that bench 300 pounds. i am 5'10 150 pounds and i can squat 350 and bench 250 they cannot compete with our strength this season we are gonna push everyone around farragut ads region champs baby

[/quote

I get a wonderful laugh out of posts like this. Thanks! :lol: