Best Scorekeeper in the State?

lhsfan11

Think his name is Hucks ?

I think thats his name. I personally don't believe there is a better book keeper in the country. He has even had calls from a few colleges about keeping the books for their team. Even the New York Yankees came to watch him keep the books one game. This kid is amazing. What other book keeper wears eye black and tapes his wrists? I mean, come on, there can't be anyone better in the state.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want best combo announcer/bookkeeper, gotta go with Mr. Larry Boyles at Shelbyville. The man does it with a passion. I remember when he did Little League and would make up nicknames for the kids and out-of-town scores, much fun was had by all.

agreed...........hopefully with a grandson coming up at coffee county,,,,,,,,

larry is a great guy and coach hall is priviledged to have him

Edited by riddlers

Michael Tucker of Jefferson County is HANDS DOWN not only the best scorekeeper of his era, but of all-times. Never in my life have I seen a young man so determined to keep a good book. His work ethic is unmeasurable and unteachable. Occasionally, he likes to joke around with coach saying, "Please let me play." Of course, we know he must only be joking, but anyway, back on topic. Michael Tucker is not the most gifted book keeper, but his determination and love of the book keeps him among the elite.

Michael Tucker of Jefferson County is HANDS DOWN not only the best scorekeeper of his era, but of all-times. Never in my life have I seen a young man so determined to keep a good book. His work ethic is unmeasurable and unteachable. Occasionally, he likes to joke around with coach saying, "Please let me play." Of course, we know he must only be joking, but anyway, back on topic. Michael Tucker is not the most gifted book keeper, but his determination and love of the book keeps him among the elite.

you beat me to it bigtime. tucker is absolutely the best scorekeeper i've seen since.....actually he is the best i've ever seen. tucker not only has uncanny scorekeeping skills, but occasionally he'll leave inspirational quotes in the margin. now does your scorekeeper do that? didn't think so. tucker can outscore anyone in the state without a doubt. he's amazing. one time i witnessed him score an entire game with a pencil without an eraser. i it went extra innings too. simply astonishing. in his free time, tucker draws his own custom scorebooks and scores complete games using his imagination. he's scored up such complicated plays that not even ten major league staticians could decipher what had happened on the play. michael tucker is so good that sometimes, instead of using the standard scorekeeping techniques, he draws out miniture portraits of every play in each square. honest truth, i've seen it myself. flat out what i'm trying to say is, michael tucker is an amazing scorekeeper, and to top it all he's only a junior. look out next year theres no telling what may happen!

Im glad these people are taking this job serously. It is usually hard to find good book keepers for high school. I know of several schools who miss plays because of being on a cell phone, eating, looking at poeple in the stands and so on...Good job to all the poeple named on this topic ;)