Public schools with their hands in the cookie jar

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://preps.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...=12368&game_id=

I just want to throw this out their for everyone to see. Why aren't the same folks that slammed USJ for their tuition oversite issue last year also jumping up and down about this? <_<

What's there to jump up and down about? Stratford broke the rules and self reported. They were punished for that. Good for Stratford for doing the right thing. I don't remember the USJ incident.

Edited by Antwan

I just want to throw this out their for everyone to see. Why aren't the same folks that slammed USJ for their tuition oversite issue last year also jumping up and down about this? <_<

Both public and private schools make mistake and I am sure that there have been both public and private schools that have openly "cheated". My problem with the above post is it is an example of "nah nah nah boo boo, you are not perfect either!" name calling. It is a shame because there is so much room for open serious debate on the subject.

Both public and private schools make mistake and I am sure that there have been both public and private schools that have openly "cheated". My problem with the above post is it is an example of "nah nah nah boo boo, you are not perfect either!" name calling. It is a shame because there is so much room for open serious debate on the subject.

No "nah nah, boo boo" here. When USJ had their baseball title and football wins from last year stripped ... there were several posters that really gave them the business about cheating with comments like "its about time", "I knew they cheated", etc.

Where are those folks now? Why aren't they ripping into Stratford? I'm pointing out the double-standard that seems to be prevalent with some public school supporters.

Edited by tnsddeveloper

What's there to jump up and down about? Stratford broke the rules and self reported. They were punished for that. Good for Stratford for doing the right thing. I don't remember the USJ incident.

Background on USJ incident:

They self reported an issue they had with tuition where 2 kids had gotten over 60 days delinquent in paying tuition last year due to a bookkeeping error within USJ and some financial difficulties of some parents.

From the self report, they had their single A baseball championship voided including all wins and also their football wins were voided. Some posters really gave the business saying that it proved they cheat ... but didn't make sense since they self reported like in the case with Stratford.

Edited by tnsddeveloper

I just want to throw this out their for everyone to see. Why aren't the same folks that slammed USJ for their tuition oversite issue last year also jumping up and down about this? :lol:

Has Stratford won any Championships lately? If so, my theory is wrong but I suppect that there are 2 factors that keep the bashers from bashing Stratford:

1)No recent Championships. It is somewhat human nature to try to find an excuse why someone can play at Championship level while "your" school can't. So, if no recent Championships there is no good fight to fight in calling them out.

2)Stratford is a Public School. I suspect over 90% of those bashing USJ were from Public Schools. For the most part, Public School folks don't want to admit that they are guilty of wrongdoing. Making an issue of a fellow Public School might call attention to others that are cheating. Let's be quiet and sweep this under the rug so they won't look at us and other Public's too closely.

JMO.

Edited by necvol

Metro supporters have known about this for over a year.

As stated in other posts, it is old news. The coach is no

longer at the school.

There are other factors that I am not going to post, but

the reasons are fairly obvious.

Whipping Stratford would be like beating on a handicapped

person. It wouldn't fell right.

It took some time, but justice was served.

I just want to throw this out their for everyone to see. Why aren't the same folks that slammed USJ for their tuition oversite issue last year also jumping up and down about this? :unsure:

Everyone in Nashville has known about this for sometime. No surprise. Alot of this discussion has come up wherever the former coach has tried to apply for another job. It was more on that coach than the school.

Really....Seems as if that should be a job requirement of the A.D. and administration instead of the coach. :unsure:

Background on USJ incident:

They self reported an issue they had with tuition where 2 kids had gotten over 60 days delinquent in paying tuition last year due to a bookkeeping error within USJ and some financial difficulties of some parents.

From the self report, they had their single A baseball championship voided including all wins and also their football wins were voided. Some posters really gave the business saying that it proved they cheat ... but didn't make sense since they self reported like in the case with Stratford.

Did that make Friendship Christian the champion since they were runner-up?

Whipping Stratford would be like beating on a handicapped

person. It wouldn't fell right.

So the other Metro schools have some kind of advantage over Stratford? Your reference comparing them to a "handicapped person" shows your ignorance.

Edited by std