Who will win 1A Mr Football

timbdp

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I would have to go with Brandon Springer also if he stays healthy all season...Wardawg..While on the subject about Springer,I noticed the State record for rushing yards by a quarterback in a single season is 1412 yards..It's on the TSSAA.org site under records..I believe there is a paper you could fill out and have it changed if you feel like pursuing it..Springer has been and is a great athlete and many would like to see him getting the recognition,especially coming from a small town..I see that he had 1422 yards as a soph and 1,092 last year..I believe he has a great chance to do even better this year

What about adding All-State wide receiver Glenn "Bugs" Smith to that list

If he does and I think he can, the linemen and blocking backs deserves a steak dinner. It all starts up front. Tell um Bigdog. If Roop will play up to his potential, he could be lineman of the year.

That my friend is very very true. Roop is a big big boy, and about as agile as a half back. and not only that, if this boy can get mean there is no one and I mean NO ONE that he can't block or could block him when he is on Defence. 6'6" 320lbs.

and not to mention the other four lineman are pretty darn good also. I know all of them and they live in the weight room... .. . heck I seen Joe lee eat a 100 lbs dumbell the other day. but yes sir. it all starts with the big hog molly'd up front.

heart, pride, hustle and determination are vital for success!

Go Dogs

back-justin smith of gordonsville........almost1000 yds passing and about that rushing.also,rickaway from fcs

lineman-justin sims.....gaurd for g-ville...played on the d-line last year,will play both sides this year,he is fast and effective.he is 6'2 205 and runs a 5.2 forty.

Superwho wait just a second. Yes to win Mr. Football you need to have a good Jr. year but you dont go by the size of the player and how fast they are. Last year South Pitt had a 5'5 linebacker up for Mr. Football Lineman. What kind of stats did this Sims kid have last year.This is the first Ive heard of him.I agree with your choice for the backs though. My only problem i have is that neither of them go both ways. I think a candidate for 1A Mr. Football should rarely come off the field.