GVILLE AND CTOWN

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the people downplaying this rivalry are just putting up a front. If the rivalry didn't mean as much to people in Carthage, why did I see people from Carthage in Gordonsville just minutes ago with OWLS and SCHS painted on their vehicles. If the rivalry doesn't mean that much, why do people bother?

Yeah, there was no need to call me out, but I don't mind. I have nothing to hide. It's only fair that he should post his own name though if he's going to be posting someone else's.

If you're saying that SC's coaching staff is better than Gville's...I agree. Nothing against GV's coaches but I have ultimate respect for SC's staff, for obvious reasons.

I agree that 01 and 02 was the last time the rivalry was close in talent. It's hard to argue that you were better when you lost though.

On paper, I don't think this game should be close at all, but GV will probably make it closer. This is what they wait for every year. You can say it's the same for us...but it's not anymore. In my opinion, this "rivalry" should die. SC has nothing to gain from it, and GV could get an extra W every year.

I look for some fireworks from the SC Offense tomorrow night.

I doesn't matter if you mind or not, you don't call out people like that. He's green to coacht, as you can tell with his 28 posts. Sooner or later he will hopefully learn the "coacht standards."

Shizzle, look man, for seven straight years, soon to be eight straight years, it's obvious who had the better team. I'm with glover, we need to start a "Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda" thread for some of the Gordonsville faithful.

And another thing, those people that you said was making crazy predictions. The score has gotten worse every year. Look at last years score, they were only going on a hunch. lol. I will say though, by the way you Tiger fans are blowing so much more smoke on coacht this year than in previous years, you must have a pretty decent squad that you actually believe can win. lol. So, I will go out on a limb and predict the score to be......SC 35...Gville 20. That is closer than last year atleast.

I believe the people downplaying this rivalry are just putting up a front. If the rivalry didn't mean as much to people in Carthage, why did I see people from Carthage in Gordonsville just minutes ago with OWLS and SCHS painted on their vehicles. If the rivalry doesn't mean that much, why do people bother?

The rivalry is still there. Don't let everyone on here give you a wedgie! It will always be a rivalry if nothing more than out of habit. Right or wrong, you are raised to have to beat the team on the other side of the river.

Yeah, there was no need to call me out, but I don't mind. I have nothing to hide. It's only fair that he should post his own name though if he's going to be posting someone else's.

If you're saying that SC's coaching staff is better than Gville's...I agree. Nothing against GV's coaches but I have ultimate respect for SC's staff, for obvious reasons.

I agree that 01 and 02 was the last time the rivalry was close in talent. It's hard to argue that you were better when you lost though.

On paper, I don't think this game should be close at all, but GV will probably make it closer. This is what they wait for every year. You can say it's the same for us...but it's not anymore. In my opinion, this "rivalry" should die. SC has nothing to gain from it, and GV could get an extra W every year.

I look for some fireworks from the SC Offense tomorrow night.

I agree with you totally in the post. The 2001-2002 Gordonsville/SC teams were the best in a while. Now before you get all hissy about the state semifinals appearance team a year ago, I believe that they had an easier road to the Semi's than the temas of 2001-2002.

On paper, this is a blowout, but for some reason, I feel that this one will be close. But SC has too much, and has had too much for a long time. Oh, and SC Coaching Staff>Gordonsville Coaching Staff

I doesn't matter if you mind or not, you don't call out people like that. He's green to coacht, as you can tell with his 28 posts. Sooner or later he will hopefully learn the "coacht standards."

Shizzle, look man, for seven straight years, soon to be eight straight years, it's obvious who had the better team. I'm with glover, we need to start a "Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda" thread for some of the Gordonsville faithful.

And another thing, those people that you said was making crazy predictions. The score has gotten worse every year. Look at last years score, they were only going on a hunch. lol. I will say though, by the way you Tiger fans are blowing so much more smoke on coacht this year than in previous years, you must have a pretty decent squad that you actually believe can win. lol. So, I will go out on a limb and predict the score to be......SC 35...Gville 20. That is closer than last year atleast.

The better team does not always win, remember that. I don't really think SC has had better teams in these past 8 years. 6 of those 8, I will agree with.

I still say tear down the schools, and build one big one.

And actually, I have been on CoachT since 2001, I just lost the password to my name. I never get on until football season, screw the other sports.

The better team does not always win, remember that. I don't really think SC has had better teams in these past 8 years. 6 of those 8, I will agree with.

I still say tear down the schools, and build one big one.

And actually, I have been on CoachT since 2001, I just lost the password to my name. I never get on until football season, screw the other sports.

The '01 and '02 teams of both schools were pretty talented across the board. Since then, Coach Maynord and the crew have taken the SC program to a different level. I do know that GV will play one of their best games of the year tomorrow though, they always do. Amen to tearing down both schools and building one. I guess it's too late for that now though.

Also, that semifinals team played way above their talent. That run was the result of a lot of heart and great leadership. Not to downplay their talent, but I just think they were as tough as any team you'll ever see.

I do think this SC team is loaded with potential. If they learn to play well together and get a few breaks, this could be a special year.

Edited by blueraiderowlfan

The '01 and '02 teams of both schools were pretty talented across the board. Since then, Coach Maynord and the crew have taken the SC program to a different level. I do know that GV will play one of their best games of the year tomorrow though, they always do. Amen to tearing down both schools and building one. I guess it's too late for that now though.

Also, that semifinals team played way above their talent. That run was the result of a lot of heart and great leadership. Not to downplay their talent, but I just think they were as tough as any team you'll ever see.

I do think this SC team is loaded with potential. If they learn to play well together and get a few breaks, this could be a special year.

This could be a special year for SC and G-ville. I'm betting SC will be a surprise team in 2A, and G-ville has a very good chance of making it to the third round this year. Both teams will be making some noise this year.

I won't be able to sleep tonight from the excitement of tomorrow.

Good luck to both teams.

Prediction- 28-21. You pick the team.

Owls win this one going away. The first coupla years in the Maynord era, the talent level was closer. I'll give you that. It could be as widely separated as ever during that period this year however. The Tigers will have to prove early that they even have a shot in this one for me to even get quick breathed, much less needing an inhaler. LOL If this years bunch can somehow muster just a semblence of the heart of a couple of those previously mentioned Owl squads, then I agree with blueraiderowlfan, they could pretty darn good. Go Big Owls!!!!

This could be a special year for SC and G-ville. I'm betting SC will be a surprise team in 2A, and G-ville has a very good chance of making it to the third round this year. Both teams will be making some noise this year.

I won't be able to sleep tonight from the excitement of tomorrow.

Good luck to both teams.

Prediction- 28-21. You pick the team.

You are right about both teams having a good season. I beleive the Owls will win their region, and the tigers come in 3rd. I just don't see ya'll beatin TC or FC, but hey, it could happen.

I would like to see us playing Alcoa in the Hole. Gary Rankin back in town, that would be a packed house, but thats a long way away. Good luck to you guys this year.

Owls win this one going away. The first coupla years in the Maynord era, the talent level was closer. I'll give you that. It could be as widely separated as ever during that period this year however. The Tigers will have to prove early that they even have a shot in this one for me to even get quick breathed, much less needing an inhaler. LOL If this years bunch can somehow muster just a semblence of the heart of a couple of those previously mentioned Owl squads, then I agree with blueraiderowlfan, they could pretty darn good. Go Big Owls!!!!

I agree with your comment about having as much heart as the teams in years past. So far this season, I haven't seen it, but it is there, they just need to find it, and when they do, they will be great. The 04' team had tons of heart, and proved it when they were picked third I beleive preseason, and ended up winning the region, and goin on to the 4th round of the playoffs. They were a great team, and fun to watch. I hope this team this year, picks up some of their traits.