MTSCA All Middle Tennessee

coachd

The ones complaining need to understand the qualifications of getting nominated. We have seen these complaints every year since the MTSCA has started.

Ask your coach to become a member so girls from your team can get nominated. Then the coach needs to fill out the forms and send in the info so the committee can have something to select the girls from. It's really simple. If your players don't get nominated, blame your coaches, not the MTSCA.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All-Star teams are always easy to criticize. Everyone has their own team that they follow and others that they see on a regular basis, so they are naturally biased to certain players. This team is a little different in how it is selected. The players are nominated by THEIR coaches, but the coach MUST be a member of the Middle Tennessee Softball Coaches Association.

If your favorite player is not on the list, check and see if your coach has joined the association. If your player is deserving to be on the list, and the coach has not joined, who's fault is it.

Yes, I'm sure there are deserving girls that have not made the list. This organization does a tremendous job with the assets they have available. The more coaches that are involved the more impact they can have on the game of High School softball. If you want your favorite player eligible next year, encourage your coach to be a member next year.

By the way Cascade11, your coach is not a member!

Just to clarify for those with reading comprehension issues, I never once said one of our girls deserved a nomination. I simply stated that an overwhelming amount of your all-state players came from a very small number of schools. Maybe this is more of a statement toward the lack of participation in your organization than it is a biased vote as I implied. I don't know the number of single A coaches participating so the percentages of players from certain teams may in fact be proportionate to your membership. Hopefully that will clear things up. I don't think any of our girls, deserving or not, will lose a lot of sleep over the lack of a nomination.

Edited by cascade11

I do not have a daughter in high school, so i do not have a dog in the fight There is no reason for me to favor any team. I do watch a lot of the high school games. I also know lots of the players on most of the high school teams. The girls i was speaking of, all but one , coach is a member. The thing i do not understand is, how a girl makes the list one year and her stats from top to bottom are better than the last year,but dont make the list, and a team mate makes the list, but her stats are a liitle lower from the last year and she still makes the list, I am not picking any one school, I have noticed this from a few of the schools, Everone knows, sat, gpa, club and coumity involement plus sports stsa, shows good on profiles.

If supporting all the girls is complaining, then i guess i am, All i would like to see is for all to get their fair shot to be on this list if their coach is a member. { just what i see and know } { TRAVEL BALL ROCKS } :lol:

I do not have a daughter in high school, so i do not have a dog in the fight There is no reason for me to favor any team. I do watch a lot of the high school games. I also know lots of the players on most of the high school teams. The girls i was speaking of, all but one , coach is a member. The thing i do not understand is, how a girl makes the list one year and her stats from top to bottom are better than the last year,but dont make the list, and a team mate makes the list, but her stats are a liitle lower from the last year and she still makes the list, I am not picking any one school, I have noticed this from a few of the schools, Everone knows, sat, gpa, club and coumity involement plus sports stsa, shows good on profiles.

If supporting all the girls is complaining, then i guess i am, All i would like to see is for all to get their fair shot to be on this list if their coach is a member. { just what i see and know } { TRAVEL BALL ROCKS } :lol:

Coaches nominate players - then other coaches at the meeting vote on them - some make it - some dont - schedule of team, level of competition and if the coaches who are present at the meeting have played against them then they have actual proof of a players profile - just because a player makes it one year does not constitute that that player makes it the next year - but stats are not all they go by - plus most stats are not exactly correct - people outside of coaches usually dont keep stats the same way - some people consider a fielder's choice a hit - again - they are voted on by coaches - they could have been nominated but the coaches at the meeting did not vote them in - so - there would lie why your player did not make the list

Coaches nominate players - then other coaches at the meeting vote on them - some make it - some dont - schedule of team, level of competition and if the coaches who are present at the meeting have played against them then they have actual proof of a players profile - just because a player makes it one year does not constitute that that player makes it the next year - but stats are not all they go by - plus most stats are not exactly correct - people outside of coaches usually dont keep stats the same way - some people consider a fielder's choice a hit - again - they are voted on by coaches - they could have been nominated but the coaches at the meeting did not vote them in - so - there would lie why your player did not make the list

So, who exactly was in attendance for that meeting. List . . .

I'd like to say that I have witnessed a bunch of All-star teams & nominations that I wonder where did they get all their information. The MTSCA does about as good of job of nominating probably more players than any other organizations & media outlets. To start with, if a coach is not a member, you can't complain about the selections, put the heat on the coach & ask why they are not members.

If players like Megan Rhodes, Danielle Pieroni, Natalie Brock were playing this year & their coach was not a member, guess what, they would not be selected. In addition to a coach being a member of the organization, if they do not rate a player being one of the best in the Midstate, that player will probably not be selected either.

In addition, if someone reads this thread & doesn't get it by now that to be selected, the coach has to be a member AND the coach has to nominate the player and select why they should be considered.

Many media outlets pick teams in their area and never get imput from coaches but somehow comeout with a pre-season or post-season all-star team. Ever figure out how they do it?

I'm proud of all the girls that were selected. Does that mean they are the best, not really but if their coach nominated them, there is a good chance that they deserve it. Later on, we will be selecting an all-star team from the Mid-state to play in Kentucky. Are they the best players in the Mid-state, Maybe! But if their coach is not a member of the Coaches Assn, they will not get to play.

Congratulations to all the Coaches for their hard work & input into the association to make it work. Best wishes to all & especially, CONGRATULATIONS to all the players on the team and the others that didn't make it. High School ball, it's just now getting exciting. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM!!!!

I understand people getting upset because their child or teammate did not make this all-star team. I get that, but what I hate to see is this organization (that is trying to do such good for these kids) is getting absolutely bashed. Whenever someone gets upset we start yelling about politics and who to blame. Why can we not be happy that some kids that may not be recognized as much as others are now being noticed as being deserving of such an honor. I would like to thank MTSCA for striving to raise the level of high school softball.

Here's one from last year. Kristy King-Hillwood catcher. She was selected 1st team TSWA All-State, Most Valuable Offensive Player in 11 AAA over all the Brentwood, Centennial, Hickman County, Franklin etc. players, but could only manage 2nd team all MTSCA. And yes, I WAS a member. Charter member actually. (I understand her new coach is not a member). It was not her fault that we did not have the pitching to play in a tournament every weekend. (We played in two). Not every team is blessed with 15 travel ball players, but that does not mean that they cannot have a really talented player on their team. I really think that the association is trying to do the right thing overall. Several just let their own agendas get in the way. Coach Conditt has worked very hard to build the association. Obviously, he has succeeded to a point. Unfortunately, the selection process continues to be flawed with personal agendas. However, it is still not as bad as the Tennessean team. :huh:

All-Star teams are always easy to criticize. Everyone has their own team that they follow and others that they see on a regular basis, so they are naturally biased to certain players. This team is a little different in how it is selected. The players are nominated by THEIR coaches, but the coach MUST be a member of the Middle Tennessee Softball Coaches Association.

If your favorite player is not on the list, check and see if your coach has joined the association. If your player is deserving to be on the list, and the coach has not joined, who's fault is it.

Yes, I'm sure there are deserving girls that have not made the list. This organization does a tremendous job with the assets they have available. The more coaches that are involved the more impact they can have on the game of High School softball. If you want your favorite player eligible next year, encourage your coach to be a member next year.

By the way Cascade11, your coach is not a member!

Zachsdad -

How many years has your school been a member of the Middle Tennessee Softball Coaches Association?

I personally do not like "All Star" teams but they exsist. I think that the announcement of these teams before the season ends is a travisty. It can create issues within a team as well as give opponents bulletin board material. Parents are notorious for complaining about non-selection of their daughters. That being said this particular team has nomination and selection criteria. Coaches who are members can nominate and a commitee of members of the MTSCA select the teams. This is much more straight forward than the Tennessean or TSWA selection. Last year we got a call from the Tennessean. It seems they need another pitcher to fill out the roster. After being told who they had selected as pitchers we suggested Chelsea Owens of Lincoln County. The reporter didn't know who she was. This is after the reporter had watched the Worth and Border Battle finals. To me Ms. Owens was as tough a bird as there was out there and the reporter didn't pay enough attention to the game to know this fine lady had pitched two finals in possibly the most talented tournaments in Middle TN last year.