Region 7-2A

Digger 85

If Huntingdon's offensive and defensive lines play like they are capable of playing then nobody in the region really has a shot. But if they come out and chris has to do everything by his self then they will end up losing to milan and possibly 1 or 2 more. I used to think that backs were everything in football until i watched the huntingdon goodpasture game last year where we got completely dominated. We all know Huntingdon is always going to have the backs but the 2 years they made it to state it was because the lines got them there.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Huntingdon's offensive and defensive lines play like they are capable of playing then nobody in the region really has a shot. But if they come out and chris has to do everything by his self then they will end up losing to milan and possibly 1 or 2 more. I used to think that backs were everything in football until i watched the huntingdon goodpasture game last year where we got completely dominated. We all know Huntingdon is always going to have the backs but the 2 years they made it to state it was because the lines got them there.

i agree with that for the most part however i think donald could just about tote the team on his shoulders hes a great back not a good one so i dont think it will matter there will be some good games played this fall

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard threw the grapevine (everybody knows how that goes most of the time) that Huntingdon has one of the most talented teams they have ever put on the field, WITH NO DEPTH!

It's going to be a great season in for West TN football. I wish all the kids the best of luck, with no injuries...

Here are my predictions for 7-2A

1. Huntingdon/Milan ??? (too close to call but I'm a little Biased towards H-town)

3. Dresden

4. Westview

5. Humbolt

6. Trenton

7. USJ

8. Gibson Co.

None of these teams are going to be pushovers...

Edited by superx2

i agree with that for the most part however i think donald could just about tote the team on his shoulders hes a great back not a good one so i dont think it will matter there will be some good games played this fall

Dont get me wrong I believe Hunington and Milan will be 1 and 2 but i think yall are not lookin at Gibson County they have almost the whole startin team from last year coming back and most of the games last year like humbolt and usj GC should have won but bad coaching errors caused them to lose with there new coach i think GC will be a Cinderella Team this year i think they will go to the playoffs and i hope they shock everyone

Oh year GC new coach is some Dyer Man from Martin

Dont get me wrong I believe Hunington and Milan will be 1 and 2 but i think yall are not lookin at Gibson County they have almost the whole startin team from last year coming back and most of the games last year like humbolt and usj GC should have won but bad coaching errors caused them to lose with there new coach i think GC will be a Cinderella Team this year i think they will go to the playoffs and i hope they shock everyone

Oh year GC new coach is some Dyer Man from Martin

hopefully true but dont forget gibson co. graduated nearly 16 or 17 seniors including qb minyard and full back jon roberts...but i hope gibson co. the best this season ill try and be at every game rootin ya on !!!!...and its nice to have coach dyer back this year !!!

Edited by GCPioneer

hopefully true but dont forget gibson co. graduated nearly 16 or 17 seniors including qb minyard and full back jon roberts...but i hope gibson co. the best this season ill try and be at every game rootin ya on !!!!...and its nice to have coach dyer back this year !!!

yea i know that but u have to remember a lot of those seniors did start i agree losing roberts and minyard are goin to hurt but they can be replaced we might have lost 16 seniors but we still have 14 starters returning from last year including rb cunningham and with four O linemen returning from last year so i think there offense will be just as good or even better than last year i think GC is goin to shock a lot of people this year

I am from weakley county so I know a bit about dresden and westview. First, Westview will not make the playoffs. No way. They lost a lot and the cupboard is pretty much bare. They only beat gibson county in the region this year. Dresden doesn't have the numbers at skill positions to win the thing. I think they'll finish 3 or 4 in region. Milan and Huntington battle for 1 2. Dresden, humbolt, and trenton for 3 and 4.

Not much to say here other than you may be from Weakley Co. but you don't know that much to make such a BOLD predicition! Trust me.......i've seen the inside of Westview's "cupboard" and its not bare at all!

I'd also like to wish Coach Jason Dyer good luck at Gibson Co.! It was fun having you at Westview for 2 years! :huh:

I put USJ where I did because I figure Marley's head will be on the block if he does not make the playoffs again.

I doubt Marley`s job will be in jeopardy. He`s one of the best around. USJ had probably one of it`s leanest years last year. I don`t think it was so much of moving up in class as it was just being young and lack of talent. I think the USJ folks recognize this. I think USJ will be more competitive this year, but not yet good enough to compete for a region title. But I think they will be good enough to compete for a playoff shot this year.

Not much to say here other than you may be from Weakley Co. but you don't know that much to make such a BOLD predicition! Trust me.......i've seen the inside of Westview's "cupboard" and its not bare at all!

I'd also like to wish Coach Jason Dyer good luck at Gibson Co.! It was fun having you at Westview for 2 years! :)

I saw their passing game against Dyer County and I came away highly impressed with the new QB...Harrison Moore, isn't it? Great arm, big kid, definitely has a presence back there.

I doubt Marley`s job will be in jeopardy. He`s one of the best around. USJ had probably one of it`s leanest years last year. I don`t think it was so much of moving up in class as it was just being young and lack of talent. I think the USJ folks recognize this. I think USJ will be more competitive this year, but not yet good enough to compete for a region title. But I think they will be good enough to compete for a playoff shot this year.

Well, one thing I know for sure...USJ won't have the Hardgree/Hudson rotation at QB this year. Hudson transferred to JCS.

I saw their passing game against Dyer County and I came away highly impressed with the new QB...Harrison Moore, isn't it? Great arm, big kid, definitely has a presence back there.

Well, one thing I know for sure...USJ won't have the Hardgree/Hudson rotation at QB this year. Hudson transferred to JCS.

You're right about Moore. I saw him in passing against Camden and he threw three or four TD's over 30 yds and I believe one was over 50 yds in the air. He played defense last yr. as a sophmore I think he had over 130 tackles. Very athletic and can probably run the ball too. Should give Westview a new look on O.

i dont think milan is going to be as good as everyone puts them up to be but they WILL be good as usual....i think the top 4 will be 1.huntingdon...2.dresden...3.humboldt...4.milan...just my top 4...donald wont let huntingdon have anything else except region title....dresden has valley and hewett...humboldt has a great back in adrian donald and the other good back...and milan will make it back with lydale at qb...best of luck to all of 72a

You're crazy... Milan IS gonna be good, they always are... Whether or not they'll go to state, i don't know, but they will be good and DEFINATELY not #4