USA vs. Morocco

BigG

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we missed golden chances but we played good until cherundlo panicked and forgot to clear the ball

If US plays like they did today i dont think they will do as well as they can in the world cup... that was really rusty, they seemed content with tying until the last 10 minutes and then they were like hey maybe we should win... could be better and sure hope so...

I was not that displeased with the overall performance of the US team.

The finishing was not crisp but that can be ironed out in the next couple of games. I thought midfield played extremely well and were winning most of the balls. The goal was against the run of play and was a dumb defensive mistake where kicking it out of bounds would have been the far better option.

No major holes, just some fine tuning.

I wasn't too impressed with the game. The US seemed to lack passion in their attack, and it seemed like their forwards stood a lot, and didn't check, or make runs (more-so in the second half than in the first). I would agree that if they play like this, they may have a short run in the cup. Perhaps since this one "didn't count", they didn't put as much into it as if it did. It was fun to be there, though.

I noticed that the fowards didn't attack full speed at times. I remember a few balls that were played into the Morocco defense and the fowards didn't seem to want to get to the ball. It seemed like they did lack a passion like BigG said. From what I saw they could've got to those balls. O well, atleast this game didn't count as anything. Hopefully they will step up once World Cup is here.

I noticed that the fowards didn't attack full speed at times. I remember a few balls that were played into the Morocco defense and the fowards didn't seem to want to get to the ball. It seemed like they did lack a passion like BigG said. From what I saw they could've got to those balls. O well, atleast this game didn't count as anything. Hopefully they will step up once World Cup is here.

i wasnt very impressed either. our defense was pretty solid until they made that late error resulting in a goal. as for the attack, it wasnt great at all. we had some pretty good chances but we just couldnt seem to net one. they better step it up in germany.

Boy, did we give that one away or what. With a few exceptions, are shots were not very strong, our crosses were usually well off, and Landon Donovan didn't seem like his normal self. Our defense played well, aside from the 90th minute let down.

We need to finish if we have a chance again Czech and Italy.

The US struggled in the attack and were not taking shots when they were getting opportunities. The us needs Donovan up top to take other players on or do a better job getting him more involved in play. I know that it was only a friendly but if we don't improve greatly we are going to struggle to getting into the 2nd round. John O'Brien struggled from not playing in Europe and Reyna's leadership was missing most of the match.

The US struggled in the attack and were not taking shots when they were getting opportunities. The us needs Donovan up top to take other players on or do a better job getting him more involved in play. I know that it was only a friendly but if we don't improve greatly we are going to struggle to getting into the 2nd round. John O'Brien struggled from not playing in Europe and Reyna's leadership was missing most of the match.

i feel like Reyna is a bit washed up and i also feel that dempsey should start because he is the player who can completely change the pace of a game when on the ball. anbody agree or disagree??