World Cup Predictions

ndsoccer

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was not that the USA got dominated. The problem was that we did not have the killer pass, nor the clinical finishing when we had a chance in front of goal. Tons of possession, but not enough energy and creativity. Against Italy you will not see the same lineup. O'Brien and Johnson will start from the off, Either Beasley or Convey will start on the bench, seeing as neither had much of an affect. Im thinking we'll see a more strait forward 4-4-2 but alot more creativity out of midfield with Donovan combining with Obrien on the left and whoever is left on the right(my vote is for Convey as Beasley seems to have almost no confidence left)...

The Czech Republic came out and made me look like a complete idiot with their Aging team looking quicker than our young guns. I feel really bad for Jan Koller though, there simply cannot be anything worse than making it to the World Cup getting a slight taste and then BOOM its taken away from you.

I think the us will have a sense of urgency and beat italy and then beat ghana...which will leave them with 6 pts and italy will beat czech and then the czechs will beat ghana so the point totals will be

US--6pts

czechs--6pts

Itlay--6 pts

Ghana--0 pts

who would move on then??

I think the us will have a sense of urgency and beat italy and then beat ghana...which will leave them with 6 pts and italy will beat czech and then the czechs will beat ghana so the point totals will be

US--6pts

czechs--6pts

Itlay--6 pts

Ghana--0 pts

who would move on then??

It would probably Italy and CR due to the goal differential. A 3-0 loss kills the US who were almost as bad as they were in nashville a couple of weeks ago. There is no urgency in their attack. Although they controlled possession as someone else stated, they could not control the ball when under possession or get behind the Czech defense. It does not look good.

Save yourself the agony and get a good night's sleep instead. The US were really that bad. Viewer discretion is advised if you decide to stay up. :thumb:

i have it on tape but i am thinking about taking a M80 to it :thumb:

that was the only game i haven't seen

Edited by mjuhb

um McBride??? ya he blows.

Lewis cant even make a trap, did you see him try to trap that ball and it just rolled over is foot. and Beasley, on that direct kick they played to him on the outside; he couldn't trap either.

Maybe they should go back to the beginning where they can learn the fundementals of the game.

They also do not shoot, that Czech took a shot from about 30 yards away and nailed it while USA is waiting for the perfect ball.

Landon Donovan does not need to be playing forward, he needs to be in a spot where he can make little simple passes like he always does anyway. What is this now, the 12th international game in which he hasn't scored? i believe it is, but i might be wrong.

The defense does not pressure anything; in the first goal the guy crossing the ball had about five minutes to set up, where was the defender stepping to him? We gave their midfielders all day to get the ball turn and pass. The intensity level was sickening low, i about slapped myself in the head for playing the same game as this team that represents our soccer. I swear the 88' TNFC team could go do better, at least they try for everything.

I don't know, maybe i am being a little hard on them, but they definitely stunk today.

p.s. GO HOLLAND!!!

p.p.s who else was impressed by the Ivory Coast?

BBC.COM shows trhe US as being older on average than the Czech Republic. Italy may not be awe inspiring, but the US has no answer for their organized defense and can't match up against their forwards any better than they did against the Czechs. Ghana didn't look that bad and played like it was their first world cup, but they still looked better than the US. Our only chance is to improve everything - speed, challenging, vision, passing, etc. How about Tim Howard in goal? The Czech goals were really nice but Keller looked old and slow.

BBC.COM shows trhe US as being older on average than the Czech Republic. Italy may not be awe inspiring, but the US has no answer for their organized defense and can't match up against their forwards any better than they did against the Czechs. Ghana didn't look that bad and played like it was their first world cup, but they still looked better than the US. Our only chance is to improve everything - speed, challenging, vision, passing, etc. How about Tim Howard in goal? The Czech goals were really nice but Keller looked old and slow.

True enough but the Czechs 2nd goal was insane.

well im pretty sure the U.S. doesnt really have a shot at the 2nd round so i would have to say that Brazil will win. i dont wnat to pick them cuz most ppl think they will win but they are good and are favored to win so i guess i will pick them or the Netherlands will win.

i dont know about ol' Brazil, i watched the first half and they did not look to be all that great. maybe Croatia is just very good, but Brazil didnt seem to have it all worked out.