Maryville and 5A

REBELRON

Maryville better get ready to be the whipping post when they move to 5A. They have been beating all the 4A teams that they are supposed to beat and now its time to finally play with the BIG BOYS.

Rebel Ron, Stars and Bars and FBE Meritus will be crying in the stale brewskie next year when they can not compete.

Things are finally gonna catch up with them for running their mouths all these years.

Woooooooooooooooooo, I think I will go hide under my bed.

I'm having a tough time seeing any butt kickin scores on the record books. Can you point them out to me? Oh, you mean the practices? Just as I thought....no guts to play a game just lip service about a scrimmage.

Ole Dad

Actually you couldn't of said it at all. Based on your previous post I'm sure ignorance would have interfered....

As for Old dad he is having a tough time with the annual butt kickings they are receiving. With a diminishing population and athletics heading in the same direction rhere will be some tough years ahead.

Hang in there Old dad. Maybe your future in 4A or 3A will be brighter. There is always room for another fan at Maryville.... plus we don't have the mercury poisoning in our water to worry about.

I'm having a tough time seeing any butt kickin scores on the record books. Can you point them out to me? Oh, you mean the practices? Just as I thought....no guts to play a game just lip service about a scrimmage.

Ole Dad

Stings doesn't it old man. Maybe some success will come in 4a or 3a but any type of title runs are soon coming to an end in 5A. Based on the population evacuating the mercury laced waters of Oak Ridge my guess is in three years OR will be a 3a team getting thumped by the likes of Wartburg... :lol: You can still reminiscence about the good ole days, before Maryville came to 5A, and championships were possible.

They weren't as good as Alcoa,

You see, I was actually taking your post seriously until I saw this. Then I realized what a big mistake I had made. Does anyone care to fill me in on why Alcoa is always put on such a pedastal? They are not better than most 4A playoff teams, much less 5A. Oak Ridge would beat Alcoa senseless, but people always have the horribly mistaken idea that Alcoa could hang with schools like that, but they can't. I don't care how many state championships they have in 2A, they simply CANNOT win against any decent 4A or 5A team. Maryville and William Blount have proven that.

You see, I was actually taking your post seriously until I saw this. Then I realized what a big mistake I had made. Does anyone care to fill me in on why Alcoa is always put on such a pedastal? They are not better than most 4A playoff teams, much less 5A. Oak Ridge would beat Alcoa senseless, but people always have the horribly mistaken idea that Alcoa could hang with schools like that, but they can't. I don't care how many state championships they have in 2A, they simply CANNOT win against any decent 4A or 5A team. Maryville and William Blount have proven that.

[/quote]

Last year they could. Their only loss was to the top team in the state.....Maryville. Absolutely dominated 5A runner-up Oak "soon to be 3A" Ridge in a pre-game scrimmage. They will be strong again this year with possible the best skilled position players in the state. Thet will be vulnerable in the line this year.

I love it when assumptions are made with absolutely zero fact behind them. First of all a scrimmage was all to go on and yes Maryville stomped OR.

Yes I watched the OR - Ravenwood game and yes Maryville would have beat Ravenwood by three scores. OR was actually a better team than Ravenwood but RW was without question a better coached and better prepared team.

Was that Maryville's best team? Nope most likely wasn't but it was Maryville's best defense since 98 and maybe ever. I doubt Ravenwood would have scored on that Maryville defense and if so it would have been minimal.

Oak Ridge had the opportunity to step down?......why did you make that up? Maryviile chose to step down?.... again why did you make that up? Maryville has played and been a 4A team for several year. You were doing so good until you decided to flat out lie. Hard to understand that unless your points were so weak. Since all have been questioned and basically disproven I will go with weak points.

BTW - loved you linebacker. Was he a senior or is he back. If a senior where did he go. Ravenwood is a heck of a success story. Nice uniforms too

God I love stupid people.....and now we know how young you are...go back to the record....I believe 1993....likely the year you were born....TSSAA went from 3 classifications to 5....Oak Ridge had 1050 students....a 3A school under the new catagory....As the outgoing booster president...I was part of the discussion regarding the classification we would compete in.....no discussion...OR would play up and compete in 5A.....Maryville was playing 2A but had about the same number of students.....they chose not to go to 5A...(no balls at all)...but to play at their classification...not up. Heck, even Anderson County chose to play up....although they did drop back a few years later.

Do the research son....then you won't look so....inexperienced.....!

Only someone who knows nothing about the game would ever consider a scrimage to be a game....to win or loose....every team has a plan of things to evaluate during a scrimage.....Maryville has a wonderful coaching staff...I can assure you they were not concerned about the score...or popped off to anyone about thumping OR....they certainly know what a scrimage is.....who knows what key players were missing or what Stanton's plan was...only their staff could answer that question. Didn't OR have a new coaching staff at that time? It would have been interesting to know what they were looking at.

Regarding your Ravenwood reference...I am an Oak Ridger...I played for OR...my two oldest sons played for OR...my #4 son was the RT on the Ravenwood team...I love both programs....per position...Ravenwood was a bigger, faster, stronger, more athletic team....and they also may have been outcoached...concerning your Ravenwood - Maryville prediction...not worthy of another response! Either play with the big boys or shut-up...by that I mean a real game!

Great Post.

Ole Dad

God I love stupid people.....and now we know how young you are...go back to the record....I believe 1993....likely the year you were born....TSSAA went from 3 classifications to 5....Oak Ridge had 1050 students....a 3A school under the new catagory....As the outgoing booster president...I was part of the discussion regarding the classification we would compete in.....no discussion...OR would play up and compete in 5A.....Maryville was playing 2A but had about the same number of students.....they chose not to go to 5A...(no balls at all)...but to play at their classification...not up. Heck, even Anderson County chose to play up....although they did drop back a few years later.

Do the research son....then you won't look so....inexperienced.....!

Only someone who knows nothing about the game would ever consider a scrimage to be a game....to win or loose....every team has a plan of things to evaluate during a scrimage.....Maryville has a wonderful coaching staff...I can assure you they were not concerned about the score...or popped off to anyone about thumping OR....they certainly know what a scrimage is.....who knows what key players were missing or what Stanton's plan was...only their staff could answer that question. Didn't OR have a new coaching staff at that time? It would have been interesting to know what they were looking at.

Regarding your Ravenwood reference...I am an Oak Ridger...I played for OR...my two oldest sons played for OR...my #4 son was the RT on the Ravenwood team...I love both programs....per position...Ravenwood was a bigger, faster, stronger, more athletic team....and they also may have been outcoached...concerning your Ravenwood - Maryville prediction...not worthy of another response! Either play with the big boys or shut-up...by that I mean a real game!

First of all I don't think Alcoa, last or any recent year could hang with Oak Ridge or many others above 3A. You won't find many Maryville fans putting Alcoa into the argument of this thread. 2A in TN is very weak, espically in East TN.

Now on to the subject of this thread. You can keep fooling yourself that Maryville is chicken or afraid of 5A. 5A being Tennessee's top class is weak as well compaired to other states. There are about 5-6 teams in 5A that could hang with Maryville some years over the past 10 but not many. Oak Ridge during last years State game was weak and they were not ready to be there.

Let’s see. Oak Ridge vs. Ravenwood. OR had 183 yards of total offence 0-8 on third down conversions and had the ball for 21 minuets of a 48 min game. Wow 41 offensive plays for a total of 183 yards offences. Seven points. Impressive! Real powerhouse performance. Ravenwood had two kids get over 1oo yards on the ground.

Simply put Oak Ridge got embarrassed, out coached and out played by a team that made its first trip to the big game! A team that had one loss, OR had 2!

Now you can keep fooling yourself if you think Maryville can’t play with the so called big boys but you better be careful what you wish for because you might just get it. Then 5A in East Tennessee will have to compete with a true dominate dynasty that Maryville clearly is to any thinking football fan.

Maryville is poised and ready to defend it's crown, OR will be lucky to win their region this year. I respect the school and commuinity, but Oak Ridge has proven nothing speical this decade! Maryville would have beaten Oak Ridge the last six years like a dusty rug or like a rented mule!

I got rings to polish!

Edited by FBEmeritus

"Last year they could. Their only loss was to the top team in the state.....Maryville. Absolutely dominated 5A runner-up Oak "soon to be 3A" Ridge in a pre-game scrimmage. They will be strong again this year with possible the best skilled position players in the state. Thet will be vulnerable in the line this year."

Their only loss was their only game above 2A.

Alcoa does not ever have the talent to hang with most 3A schools, much less good 4A or 5A teams.

Find for me the times when Alcoa has beaten a 3A or higher school the past five years.

Alcoa just benefits from uneducated assumpitons based on records.

Looks like I've got it easy, guys, no rings to polish here. B)

Edited by TG24

[quote name='WillieTheWildcat' date='Jun 13 2006 - 03:27 AM' post='826067164']

"Black Oak Ridge"? Jeez, you don't even try to hide being a racist. :blink:

Hey Willie..........how stupid are you? Did you ever go to class or try to learn about your community. There is an area in the Oak Ridge community named Black Oak Ridge. There is also an area called White Oak Ridge. It has nothing to do with skin color but describes the type of oak trees that are common to that site. I have linked a little history for you to read and learn. Good luck!

http://www.ornl.gov/info/swords/swords.shtml

I take back my original post.

You guys are hilarious. If 5A is so weak...then move on up. Why have you been hiding in 4A? Heck, you have more students than Ravenwood. And by the way, with all the nonsense you guys spew about who would have beaten who and by how many points...you need to get off your can and catch a flight to Vegas. I think they would be glad to challenge your football knowledge at the gambling window. In fact start posting some of your predictions on here for Satuday and Sunday games and we will all get wealthy from your absolute insight into the spread. Oh, I see it's all nonsense as i thought. In fact as you talk about scrimmages....who won the last 5 superbowls and what were their preseason records? I don't remember catching that info in the records or in the announcers pregame for the superbowl or any other television game. Oh, they must have been practice games.......Keep up the great humor on here and you may convince yourselves you stayed in 4A for the human value...or somrthing saintly like that.

Ole Dad

First of all I don't think Alcoa, last or any recent year could hang with Oak Ridge or many others above 3A. You won't find many Maryville fans putting Alcoa into the argument of this thread. 2A in TN is very weak, espically in East TN.

Now on to the subject of this thread. You can keep fooling yourself that Maryville is chicken or afraid of 5A. 5A being Tennessee's top class is weak as well compaired to other states. There are about 5-6 teams in 5A that could hang with Maryville some years over the past 10 but not many. Oak Ridge during last years State game was weak and they were not ready to be there.

Let’s see. Oak Ridge vs. Ravenwood. OR had 183 yards of total offence 0-8 on third down conversions and had the ball for 21 minuets of a 48 min game. Wow 41 offensive plays for a total of 183 yards offences. Seven points. Impressive! Real powerhouse performance. Ravenwood had two kids get over 1oo yards on the ground.

Simply put Oak Ridge got embarrassed, out coached and out played by a team that made its first trip to the big game! A team that had one loss, OR had 2!

Now you can keep fooling yourself if you think Maryville can’t play with the so called big boys but you better be careful what you wish for because you might just get it. Then 5A in East Tennessee will have to compete with a true dominate dynasty that Maryville clearly is to any thinking football fan.

Maryville is poised and ready to defend it's crown, OR will be lucky to win their region this year. I respect the school and commuinity, but Oak Ridge has proven nothing speical this decade! Maryville would have beaten Oak Ridge the last six years like a dusty rug or like a rented mule!

I got rings to polish!