Maryville and 5A

REBELRON

Are you saying WB would have probably beaten Alcoa last year?

I am not going to get into this whole 2A thru 5A debate but WB would NOT have beaten Alcoa last year.

Yeah, I am saying that. Alcoa is given waayyy too much credit, more than they deserve. WB would've won last year, by around 7-10.

TG....here is what I stated

Last year they could. Their only loss was to the top team in the state.....Maryville. Absolutely dominated 5A runner-up Oak "soon to be 3A" Ridge in a pre-game scrimmage. They will be strong again this year with possible the best skilled position players in the state. Thet will be vulnerable in the line this year.

I did not reference the previous years but IMO they were one of the top 5 or 6 teams the state last year. Also FYI......2A was last year and has been for a few years stronger than 3A. I base that statement on wathing virtually all the State championship games the last 5 years or so.

Here is something else for you. I am not an Alcoa fan...

Ok, I'll take that. 2A may have been stronger than 3A, but tell me how you can place them in the top five or six in the state. I can name ten teams off the top of my head right now that would beat them by more than twenty. They only played one good team last year, and they showed how they can handle a good team. They got beaten badly, as they would by many other 4A and 5A schools. I know you're not an Alcoa fan, but, I just think some people take it for granted that a team can compete based on win/loss records.

Ok, I'll take that. 2A may have been stronger than 3A, but tell me how you can place them in the top five or six in the state. I can name ten teams off the top of my head right now that would beat them by more than twenty. They only played one good team last year, and they showed how they can handle a good team. They got beaten badly, as they would by many other 4A and 5A schools. I know you're not an Alcoa fan, but, I just think some people take it for granted that a team can compete based on win/loss records.

very true. i agree with you that William Blount would have beaten Alcoa. that middle linebacker they had last year was nasty.

Are you saying WB would have probably beaten Alcoa last year?

I am not going to get into this whole 2A thru 5A debate but WB would NOT have beaten Alcoa last year.

Maybe not, "Old Long Range Gunner", but I bet we could have beaten Gatlinburg Pittman last year. :D:D How's your boy? Is his ankle healed up? I saw him over at South Doyle between games but didn't get to see him play.

We were scheduled to play (varsity and jv) but evidently, Rodney didn't want to play us. That doesn't make much sense this year ?!? :(

Actually you couldn't of said it at all. Based on your previous post I'm sure ignorance would have interfered....

As for Old dad he is having a tough time with the annual butt kickings they are receiving. With a diminishing population and athletics heading in the same direction rhere will be some tough years ahead.

Hang in there Old dad. Maybe your future in 4A or 3A will be brighter. There is always room for another fan at Maryville.... plus we don't have the mercury poisoning in our water to worry about.

Ignorance? I'm not the Maryville fan so I'm already a few notches above you on the ole brain-o-meter. You confuse ignorance with realism. I'm sure if the Seahawks would not have wanted to go to Detroit last year you Maryville fans would have stepped the Rebels in and beat the Steelers by 4 touchdowns. It just seems you think Maryville is unbeatable. I just say you are incorrect and you will soon find out.

OK i was going to stay off here but as most Maryville people know I just cannot keep my mouth shut when Maryville is being bashed....if you want someone to get their facts straight then you should start with your own...in 1992 i know there were 5 classes because for a fact where I used to live played Maryville in the playoffs and won (which was the last year that that team beaet Maryville since then) and also beat OR in that same year...and went to the 4A state championships where we lost to Gallatin...Maryville was 4A then and is 4A now...those are the facts prove me wrong if I am....GO REBELS!

BTW...have any goal posts been torn down lately...just wondering...hahahahahahaha

Gallatin was the 3-A state champion that year and there were only 3 classifications.

First of all I don't think Alcoa, last or any recent year could hang with Oak Ridge or many others above 3A. You won't find many Maryville fans putting Alcoa into the argument of this thread. 2A in TN is very weak, espically in East TN.

Now on to the subject of this thread. You can keep fooling yourself that Maryville is chicken or afraid of 5A. 5A being Tennessee's top class is weak as well compaired to other states. There are about 5-6 teams in 5A that could hang with Maryville some years over the past 10 but not many. Oak Ridge during last years State game was weak and they were not ready to be there.

Let’s see. Oak Ridge vs. Ravenwood. OR had 183 yards of total offence 0-8 on third down conversions and had the ball for 21 minuets of a 48 min game. Wow 41 offensive plays for a total of 183 yards offences. Seven points. Impressive! Real powerhouse performance. Ravenwood had two kids get over 1oo yards on the ground.

Simply put Oak Ridge got embarrassed, out coached and out played by a team that made its first trip to the big game! A team that had one loss, OR had 2!

Now you can keep fooling yourself if you think Maryville can’t play with the so called big boys but you better be careful what you wish for because you might just get it. Then 5A in East Tennessee will have to compete with a true dominate dynasty that Maryville clearly is to any thinking football fan.

Maryville is poised and ready to defend it's crown, OR will be lucky to win their region this year. I respect the school and commuinity, but Oak Ridge has proven nothing speical this decade! Maryville would have beaten Oak Ridge the last six years like a dusty rug or like a rented mule!

I got rings to polish!

I'll bet your mules name is MLREB.......

wouldas and couldas......

I live in Brentwood...we never polish our own rings...

[quote name='RavenCat' date='Jun 13 2006 - 07:51 PM' post='826067413']

God I love stupid people.....and now we know how young you are...go back to the record....I believe 1993....likely the year you were born....TSSAA went from 3 classifications to 5....Oak Ridge had 1050 students....a 3A school under the new catagory....As the outgoing booster president...I was part of the discussion regarding the classification we would compete in.....no discussion...OR would play up and compete in 5A.....Maryville was playing 2A but had about the same number of students.....they chose not to go to 5A...(no balls at all)...but to play at their classification...not up. Do the research son....then you won't look so....inexperienced.....!

I have no way of proving the accuracy of this statement regarding Oak Ridge but based on your previous post I am confident this is another lie from you. Maryville did not have the same number of students as again you assume wrong. I seem to remember OR being in the 2,000 student range but again I have no way to prove it. I can't believe Maryville chose to play in 4A since they were 3A under your description.....you lied again. I would have expected them to seek out college competition. :D

You are right...."no balls"..

In 1976 Maryville had the numbers to play single A but chose to participate in 2A. BTW they did win a state championship that year.

Only someone who knows nothing about the game would ever consider a scrimage to be a game....

Let me assure you when the Ridgers outscored Maryville in the 2003 scrimmage all that was heard was how OR beat MHS. Were coaches trying different things....sure...on both sides but the shear dominance of the Maryville team was all I needed to see to feel very comfortable with my statements. After watching the state games there was nothing shown by either OR or Ravenwood that left any doubt who the best team in the state was.

BTW....as far as a real game...the Ridgers treated it that way...took a gate...had the radio station airing the scrimmage.. :D

to win or loose....every team has a plan of things to evaluate during a scrimage.....Maryville has a wonderful coaching staff...I can assure you they were not concerned about the score...or popped off to anyone about thumping OR....they certainly know what a scrimage is.....who knows what key players were missing or what Stanton's plan was...only their staff could answer that question. Didn't OR have a new coaching staff at that time? It would have been interesting to know what they were looking at.

Had OR won the scrimmage, or even played it close, then I could accept your points but in the end all your typing is nothing but a pile of BS.

Regarding your Ravenwood reference...I am an Oak Ridger...I played for OR...my two oldest sons played for OR...my #4 son was the RT on the Ravenwood team...I love both programs....per position...Ravenwood was a bigger, faster, stronger, more athletic team....and they also may have been outcoached...concerning your Ravenwood - Maryville prediction...not worthy of another response! Either play with the big boys or shut-up...by that I mean a real game!

I guess you watched the game through Ravenwood colored glasses. I would agree that Ravenwood was more athletic, certainly better coached, and faster but in no way were they bigger or stronger. That statement was so stupid I laughed out loud when I read that. OR was 0-8 on third down conversions. Most of the failures could be equated to a poor offensive plan. Sending one receiver out in the pass pattern on thrid and long was comical. While I think Staton is a great man he is just an average coach....JMO though.

Maryville would have beat Ravenwood by a minimum three scores!

As for your assumptions you are "O" fer ever how many you have made. As for your continued lying....maybe you should seek help for that issue. I bet you are an Alabama fan.

I am done with you...you are way to ignorant of the game to waste valuable discussion time with..... :(

You should be done...your BS has to be running on fumes......How do you prove anything...you look it up dummy....it's on your schools web site. OR never had 2000 students...one of the largest classes was mine..1967 there was 1800.....in 91 there was 1050...next year OR projects 1430 and your Maryville site lists 1450 students

We can only assume that if your facts are wrong...everything else you say is also wrong.....I won't call you a liar...you're just stupid!

Gallatin was the 3-A state champion that year and there were only 3 classifications.

GWAVE1 has spoken.....and that's the facts

Just a warning...MLREB will soon call you a liar....if he doesn't like your facts or your facts don't fit his fairyland world or is just too dumb to look something up...he calls you a liar and says Maryville will beat anyone by three scores....that's all he knows

Just ignore him like the rest of us should have done...!