Maryville and 5A

REBELRON

Ok Ole Dad , you win , we admit we're scared to death of OR . Thank you for allowing us to feel good about ourselves during the scrimmage games . Deep down last year when our starters had you 28-0 , we knew it was just pretend , and if it was a real game , all of our boys would have ended up in the hospital . Each year as we raise up that new 4A gold ball , we secretly thank the lord that we were able to cheat , sneak , and lie our way out of having to play against the real men of east Tennessee . As OR put up those huge numbers in the state game last year we couldn't help but breath a sigh of relief that our weak little slow boys didn't have to be humiliated by such manly men . Radiation is the only thing that could explain the freakish athleticism exhibited from the mighty manly Ridgers .

Thanks once again Ole dad for exposing us for all of our cowardly ways , and making us realize just how inferior we really are to the greatness that is Oak Ridge . Maybe by facing all of our short comings and all of our cowardly ways , it will help us deal with the shock of playing against real men , when we do move to 5A . Of course just the thought of having to play Oak Ridge in a " REAL " game .... where they actually try .... may just cause Maryville to drop football all together .

You guys are hilarious. If 5A is so weak...then move on up. Why have you been hiding in 4A? Heck, you have more students than Ravenwood. And by the way, with all the nonsense you guys spew about who would have beaten who and by how many points...you need to get off your can and catch a flight to Vegas. I think they would be glad to challenge your football knowledge at the gambling window. In fact start posting some of your predictions on here for Satuday and Sunday games and we will all get wealthy from your absolute insight into the spread. Oh, I see it's all nonsense as i thought. In fact as you talk about scrimmages....who won the last 5 superbowls and what were their preseason records? I don't remember catching that info in the records or in the announcers pregame for the superbowl or any other television game. Oh, they must have been practice games.......Keep up the great humor on here and you may convince yourselves you stayed in 4A for the human value...or somrthing saintly like that.

Ole Dad

I can guarantee you one thing old dad.....Maryville would have stomped Oak Ridge.. :blink:

[quote name='TG24' date='Jun 13 2006 - 11:24 PM' post='826067482']

"Last year they could. Their only loss was to the top team in the state.....Maryville. Absolutely dominated 5A runner-up Oak "soon to be 3A" Ridge in a pre-game scrimmage. They will be strong again this year with possible the best skilled position players in the state. Thet will be vulnerable in the line this year."

Their only loss was their only game above 2A.

Alcoa does not ever have the talent to hang with most 3A schools, much less good 4A or 5A teams.

Find for me the times when Alcoa has beaten a 3A or higher school the past five years.

Alcoa just benefits from uneducated assumpitons based on records.

Looks like I've got it easy, guys, no rings to polish here. :blink:

Hey TG......you may want to do a little research. Last year Alcoa beat McCallie and Fulton....remember Fulton? You may want to take a glimpse at their wins and losses plus their schedule the last five years before you make a foolish statement such as the one you made.

[/b]

[quote name='TG24' date='Jun 13 2006 - 11:24 PM' post='826067482']

"Last year they could. Their only loss was to the top team in the state.....Maryville. Absolutely dominated 5A runner-up Oak "soon to be 3A" Ridge in a pre-game scrimmage. They will be strong again this year with possible the best skilled position players in the state. Thet will be vulnerable in the line this year."

Their only loss was their only game above 2A.

Alcoa does not ever have the talent to hang with most 3A schools, much less good 4A or 5A teams.

Find for me the times when Alcoa has beaten a 3A or higher school the past five years.

Alcoa just benefits from uneducated assumpitons based on records.

Looks like I've got it easy, guys, no rings to polish here. :blink:

Hey TG......you may want to do a little research. Last year Alcoa beat McCallie and Fulton....remember Fulton? You may want to take a glimpse at their wins and losses plus their schedule the last five years before you make a foolish statement such as the one you made.

How close(in student population) is Alcoa to being 3A? For some reason,I just can't see Coach Rankin being content to dominate 2A. Not after he's been so successful in 5A. Maybe he'll want to move up....

THE SQUAD :)

Edited by THE SQUAD

How close(in student population) is Alcoa to being 3A? For some reason,I just can't see Coach Rankin being content to dominate 2A. Not after he's been so successful in 5A. Maybe he'll want to move up....

THE SQUAD :blink:

[/b]

Not very. From what I understand Alcoa could have been single A a couple of years ago. The area, Maryville/Alcoa, is growing significantly every year so Alcoa may be 3A when they reformat in 2008/09.

You act like this is tongue in cheek, but much of it is actually the truth. So, thank you for admitting it.

Ole Dad

Ok Ole Dad , you win , we admit we're scared to death of OR . Thank you for allowing us to feel good about ourselves during the scrimmage games . Deep down last year when our starters had you 28-0 , we knew it was just pretend , and if it was a real game , all of our boys would have ended up in the hospital . Each year as we raise up that new 4A gold ball , we secretly thank the lord that we were able to cheat , sneak , and lie our way out of having to play against the real men of east Tennessee . As OR put up those huge numbers in the state game last year we couldn't help but breath a sigh of relief that our weak little slow boys didn't have to be humiliated by such manly men . Radiation is the only thing that could explain the freakish athleticism exhibited from the mighty manly Ridgers .

Thanks once again Ole dad for exposing us for all of our cowardly ways , and making us realize just how inferior we really are to the greatness that is Oak Ridge . Maybe by facing all of our short comings and all of our cowardly ways , it will help us deal with the shock of playing against real men , when we do move to 5A . Of course just the thought of having to play Oak Ridge in a " REAL " game .... where they actually try .... may just cause Maryville to drop football all together .

You act like this is tongue in cheek, but much of it is actually the truth. So, thank you for admitting it.

Ole Dad

I can't speak fer Pepvol. Butt eye will admit hit.

I saw the 30.06 rifles used to get the Mairvul players to get on the bus to go to Ben Martin.

And you're welcome Ole Dad.

I hear Rankin is moving up after this season.

Ole Dad

[/b]

THE SQUAD :blink:

[quote name='RavenCat' date='Jun 13 2006 - 07:51 PM' post='826067413']

God I love stupid people.....and now we know how young you are...go back to the record....I believe 1993....likely the year you were born....TSSAA went from 3 classifications to 5....Oak Ridge had 1050 students....a 3A school under the new catagory....As the outgoing booster president...I was part of the discussion regarding the classification we would compete in.....no discussion...OR would play up and compete in 5A.....Maryville was playing 2A but had about the same number of students.....they chose not to go to 5A...(no balls at all)...but to play at their classification...not up. Do the research son....then you won't look so....inexperienced.....!

I have no way of proving the accuracy of this statement regarding Oak Ridge but based on your previous post I am confident this is another lie from you. Maryville did not have the same number of students as again you assume wrong. I seem to remember OR being in the 2,000 student range but again I have no way to prove it. I can't believe Maryville chose to play in 4A since they were 3A under your description.....you lied again. I would have expected them to seek out college competition. :blink:

You are right...."no balls"..

In 1976 Maryville had the numbers to play single A but chose to participate in 2A. BTW they did win a state championship that year.

Only someone who knows nothing about the game would ever consider a scrimage to be a game....

Let me assure you when the Ridgers outscored Maryville in the 2003 scrimmage all that was heard was how OR beat MHS. Were coaches trying different things....sure...on both sides but the shear dominance of the Maryville team was all I needed to see to feel very comfortable with my statements. After watching the state games there was nothing shown by either OR or Ravenwood that left any doubt who the best team in the state was.

BTW....as far as a real game...the Ridgers treated it that way...took a gate...had the radio station airing the scrimmage.. :)

to win or loose....every team has a plan of things to evaluate during a scrimage.....Maryville has a wonderful coaching staff...I can assure you they were not concerned about the score...or popped off to anyone about thumping OR....they certainly know what a scrimage is.....who knows what key players were missing or what Stanton's plan was...only their staff could answer that question. Didn't OR have a new coaching staff at that time? It would have been interesting to know what they were looking at.

Had OR won the scrimmage, or even played it close, then I could accept your points but in the end all your typing is nothing but a pile of BS.

Regarding your Ravenwood reference...I am an Oak Ridger...I played for OR...my two oldest sons played for OR...my #4 son was the RT on the Ravenwood team...I love both programs....per position...Ravenwood was a bigger, faster, stronger, more athletic team....and they also may have been outcoached...concerning your Ravenwood - Maryville prediction...not worthy of another response! Either play with the big boys or shut-up...by that I mean a real game!

I guess you watched the game through Ravenwood colored glasses. I would agree that Ravenwood was more athletic, certainly better coached, and faster but in no way were they bigger or stronger. That statement was so stupid I laughed out loud when I read that. OR was 0-8 on third down conversions. Most of the failures could be equated to a poor offensive plan. Sending one receiver out in the pass pattern on thrid and long was comical. While I think Staton is a great man he is just an average coach....JMO though.

Maryville would have beat Ravenwood by a minimum three scores!

As for your assumptions you are "O" fer ever how many you have made. As for your continued lying....maybe you should seek help for that issue. I bet you are an Alabama fan.

I am done with you...you are way to ignorant of the game to waste valuable discussion time with..... :)

Then don't post again.

THE SQUAD :)

[/quote]

Hey squad.....I was kind enough to answer your question regarding Alcoa yet you want to direspect.... :) What a tard....I still think, as many others do, you are the worst poster on coacht .....congrats :blink:

Edited by MLREB

Ole Dad

Your welcome , Oh Ye of Superior Oak Ridgean Lineage .... where men are Real Men .. and no night lights are needed when your "Old Prostate " acts up in the middle of the night , due to the glow from your radiation ! :blink: