Maryville and 5A

REBELRON

Thanks for your concern there Old & senile dad . After comparing the records of Maryville and Oak Ridge the last several years , I do believe that you would definitely be the person we'll talk to if and when we here at Maryville are needing a few tasty recipes on how to prepare some crow .

"Oak Ridge .... The Atomic Crow Capital of the World " :P

pepvol, I 'think' you are confusing Old Dads. This one is a R'dale supporter and not a OR supporter. While I like OR, I am not the one that is taking shots at M'ville.

I have the utmost respect for both Maryville and Oak Ridge and would love to see them play. Made the championship game for the last three years to watch M'ville play. After all for two of them it was the warm up game for R'dale's championship games. :P

What I was saying is that 'if' by some miracle Alcoa DOES beat M'ville, there will be a BUNCH of folks on here letting Maryville know it.

Has it come to this? I, just like every Oak Ridge fan has respect for the Maryville program and what they have accomplished. However, some of the posts on this thread (from both sides) only show that some people really need more fiber in their diet or less caffeine. All that is being accomplished here is not a reflection of both of our fine programs. This thread needs to be put on hold until the fall of 2009 and then I’m sure it will be great for the build up of “The Game” that we all would like to see. But for now, let’s focus on this fall and what has to be done to prepare for it.

Good post.

I agree with you rhayes .. put a leash on old Dad and maybe you won't hear a bunch of squawking back and forth . I've always respected Oak Ridge , but it gets pretty hard to just sit by and let several OR posters try to down play Maryville's accomplishments . Who Hasn't heard the famous OR fan " HITCH " rant and rave against Maryville for the last several years on every local Knoxville radio station .

Pepvol, I agree with you. Some of us get tired of it too. I think Hitch is just trying to be the high school equivalent of "Mike" who is always talking about UT.

I think the real fans who understand, played and respect the game know that it takes a lot of hard work to win at any level, and not just because of the size of your school or classification.

The funny thing is that we have all these experts, but none of them coach anywere, but they no everthing there is about football and winning. Hmmm!

Edited by extremefury

Good post.

Pepvol, I agree with you. Some of us get tired of it too. I think Hitch is just trying to be the high school equivalent of "Mike" who is always talking about UT.

I think the real fans who understand, played and respect the game know that it takes a lot of hard work to win at any level, and not just because of the size of your school or classification.

The funny thing is that we have all these experts, but none of them coach anywere, but they no everthing there is about football and winning. Hmmm!

The tone of this thread has really improved. Oak Ridge and Maryville are both excellent school systems with longgggggggg and successful football traditions. I can remember going to Maryville games in the late 60s and Oak Ridge always being one of the most difficult games. To imply either is afraid of each other, or any other school in the state for that matter is absurd. Both have excellent coaches who have a lot of admiration for each other. And in closing Good Post extremefury!

I know Old Dad and he is having a lot of fun with you folks. Can't you all see what he is doing? All he is trying to do is keep stuff stirred up. And doing a good job of it to. Certain less inexperienced posters fall right into his trap.

He does have his sources here in Tenn. so he is well informed, he does know what is going on.

Wear Em out Dad!

Good post.

You seem to imply that one has to be a coach to know anything about winning football......I hope I read that wrong....because that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard......You'll find quite a few folks on here that understand the game very well....not all, but quite a few. Teaching and coaching doesn't pay very well...at the HS level...and most college levels...

You seem to imply that one has to be a coach to know anything about winning football......I hope I read that wrong....because that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard......You'll find quite a few folks on here that understand the game very well....not all, but quite a few. Teaching and coaching doesn't pay very well...at the HS level...and most college levels...

Great point.

I know Old Dad and he is having a lot of fun with you folks. Can't you all see what he is doing? All he is trying to do is keep stuff stirred up. And doing a good job of it to. Certain less inexperienced posters fall right into his trap.

He does have his sources here in Tenn. so he is well informed, he does know what is going on.

Wear Em out Dad!

Oh ...it was obvious what he was doing but I still enjoyed handing his a@@ to him. He really isn't much of a challange but then again Oak Ridge wasn't either.... :lol:

Oh ...it was obvious what he was doing but I still enjoyed handing his a@@ to him. He really isn't much of a challange but then again Oak Ridge wasn't either.... :lol:

I guess it's easy to say Oak Ridge is'nt a challenge when you play them on Friday nights. Why don't you go ahead and say Ravenwood, Ridgeway, and Riverdale are no challenge either. Since you don't play them on Friday nights you might as well say you are better than them also.

pepvol, I 'think' you are confusing Old Dads. This one is a R'dale supporter and not a OR supporter. While I like OR, I am not the one that is taking shots at M'ville.

I have the utmost respect for both Maryville and Oak Ridge and would love to see them play. Made the championship game for the last three years to watch M'ville play. After all for two of them it was the warm up game for R'dale's championship games. :lol:

What I was saying is that 'if' by some miracle Alcoa DOES beat M'ville, there will be a BUNCH of folks on here letting Maryville know it.

Sorry about that Lost Old Dad , you don't deserve to be mixed up with Old & senile dad :lol:

Bounder , thanks a lot for trying to set us all straight .... Geez , you think a few of us might just be playing along with Old Dad in the friendly little banter ? Admit it though Bounder ... It wouldn't hurt your feelings in the least to see Maryville go down ...... that's OK ... We're used to that , actually love it and thrive on it .

As a Maryville fan I have a lot of respect for Oak Ridge and Dobyns Bennett. I enjoy watching Maryville scrimmage these 2 teams every year.

The Oak Ridge/Maryville scrimmage has went on for years. What Maryville players in the 70s and early 80s will always remember is Emory Hale getting on the Maryville bus and telling us that his kids were going to whip Maryville's butt. Then Ted Wilson would ask us if we were going to take that? It was all planned out. I worked with a former Oak Ridge player. He told me that after Emory got on the Maryville bus he would go back to the Oak Ridge lockeroom and tell his kids that Maryville said they were going to whip Oak Ridge's tail.

Emory Hale was a nut. He looked like someone from woodstock instead of a football coach. He wore the sunglasses and a bandana.