Maryville and 5A

REBELRON

I would say it's about time I chime in on this one. If Maryville wanted to move up they could. Would you leave the 4A fantasy land that Maryville lives in if you had a choice?

If Maryville moved up to 5A and had to play Oak Ridge every season they would have one loss every season. And that is assuming every player and genius coach for Maryville is healthy and thinking straight every season when they faced the cats. They would also loose to DB more times than not.

Even if they stayed down in 4A I would love to see a game with Maryville. At least it would be fun for a couple of years but it would eventually end up being another lopsided rivalry for Oak Ridge much like Farragut and Clinton are today.

There was a previous thread prior to this one which I think was actually pertaining to Farragut. But a particular poster went out their way to point out Maryville will have the "chicken moniker" until moving to 5A and pointed out several ways he thought Maryville was bending over backwards to stay in 4A.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was thinking the same thing that mikey65 was. I went out and looked at those post, and I hope that it was just some fun bantering back and forth. I wish there was a way that the top 4a and 5a teams could play one or two games a year. It would make for some great football games. It sure would be better then watching your team drub some lesser team just because their enrollment puts them in your classification.

I don't understand it either mikey65. How in the world a school with such a small enrollment could win the 5A championship.

Ravenwoon had a great team. That's how they won. What I was wondering is how the 4a school had more students than the 5a school. I thought that was the point of having classifications.

If Maryville moved up to 5A and had to play Oak Ridge every season they would have one loss every season. And that is assuming every player and genius coach for Maryville is healthy and thinking straight every season when they faced the cats. They would also loose to DB more times than not.

Even if they stayed down in 4A I would love to see a game with Maryville. At least it would be fun for a couple of years but it would eventually end up being another lopsided rivalry for Oak Ridge much like Farragut and Clinton are today.

Yep, Nick they could lose in the 5A championship game.

I heard 3A Anderson County had some fun in "another lopsided rivalry" with O.R. back in 2002.

Do you have numbers on Crockett's enrollment? Sorry if they've been posted already.

On TSSAA, they have David Crockett listed at 1,390 students for the 2006 school year. They had a 5A enrollment in '04 even though they played in 4A.

I believe Crockett will remain in 4A due to obvious reasons. Their record stands at 1-29 for the past 3 seasons.

Yep, Nick they could lose in the 5A championship game.

I heard 3A Anderson County had some fun in "another lopsided rivalry" with O.R. back in 2002.

Yeah one and done! Lying Larry wouldn't renew the series after that. Oh yeah Clinton,Farragut and Oothawah have beaten Oak Ridge in the past. Good for them. Do it on a regular basis and we'll admit you are better than us.

i agree that maryville is one of the great football programs in the state, 2 weeks ago their rugby team played in the state championship game against brentwood and lost 52-7. i know that we cannot compare rugby to football but i don't believe maryville will be walking away with a lot of gold balls in 5a football.

who cares, this post is stupid if you cant compare it then dont maryville isnt my team but they could beat ravenwood year in and year out no question

Yeah one and done! Lying Larry wouldn't renew the series after that. Oh yeah Clinton,Farragut and Oothawah have beaten Oak Ridge in the past. Good for them. Do it on a regular basis and we'll admit you are better than us.

Well we do beat you on a regular basis , but you won't admit to nothing . I know .... scrimmages don't mean anything ... funny thing is , in the 1 scrimmage in this decade that Oak ridge did win against Maryville (2004 without Ryan Tallent) all we heard from you guys was how Oak Ridge showed us how the " big boys " play football . I heard crowing from every corner in Oak Ridge . You all better prepare the old line " scrimmages don't mean nothing " ..... because that might come in handy this year . ;)

I would say it's about time I chime in on this one. If Maryville wanted to move up they could. Would you leave the 4A fantasy land that Maryville lives in if you had a choice?

I would agree Nick....it was about time you chimed in. Some were beginnning to make sense in this thread and you chimed in to make it ignorant again...nice job... ;)

What will be interesting this year will be the game between Alcoa and Maryville. With that said, what will be said on here 'if' the 2A team wins? :P

Will Coach Q be run out of town on a rail? Will Coach R be nominated for football Sainthood? ;)

For myself I do NOT see Maryville losing that game, but 'if' it does it will throw out alot of the arguement on here. Folks better like the taste of fowl as there will be alot of 'CROW' being served.