Chris Donald

BIGBLU

a desire to stress academics to student athletes is being holier than thou?I sure hope you have nothing to do with the kids @ Obion,because brother you went way past pitiful.I have nothing but respect for UT as a school and the athletic department when it is being run right,but is people like with you this win at all cost and heck if you wanna skip class,sell drugs,beat people and on and on and on and on and on and on thats cool just be sure you win on saturday attitude that allows it to keep on happening.Truth is care you don't give a darn about those kids if in 5 years they are out of school broke and homeless cause they serve you no purpose due to having no more eligibility.Me I am thankful that these kids chose to attend my school for the next four years and yes I want to win just as bad as you,but you my man are everything that is wrong with college sorts so go to Kenton and eat an albino squirrel.

Kenton to me my man is part of Gibson Co..... :lol:

You know,I'm all about a good debate and you were doing a fine job until you went stupid with the Kenton remark....I'm glad people have passionate ideas on both spectrums,but keep it adult :lol:

And truth be known,whether its pitiful or not,the name of the game on The Hill is wins and losses..Should it be that way??...Of Course Not...Not entirely...Those kids should go to class and not run around naked knocking defensless girls down steps and hollering about Jesus loving you....But that is the beast we know as Tennessee Volunteer Football.....When you lay with dogs,you more than likely will acquire a few fleas...And to get good football players,sometimes you have to go deep into places me and you don't belong...

Another truth is I do care about what happens to these guys in five years...The ones that didn't act a fool,and actually there are many in the UT program that do not act a fool,will be successful members of our society..The ones that go and get in trouble were more than likely going to whether or not they had a pigskin in their hands..But whos fault is that seabass????....Maybe its Fulmer's fault for trying to win at all costs,because he knows he has to win or go watch his daughter play softball full-time...But,its certainly not my fault as I have nothing to do with recruiting or telling the powers that be how to run their football business at Knoxville...Do you not think Fulmer and his recruiting staff know what they are getting when they go looking for the next Reggie White or Al Wilson???..Really,who is the villian???Me or the guy that brings that cancer to campus in the first place???

Another thing,don't bring the subject in personally...I do have something to do with kids at Obion Co Central..(Obion is a small city south of Troy)One in particular that happens to play football and has a chance to further his education and football to the next level..Oh and yes,I do stress academics to him and he is a good student,but he would have been whether he played football or was leader of the debate team....Don't go there...

And to end my rant,my initial post on the subject was directed at Duke and Vanderbilt's FOOTBALL programs...And NO,UT fans do not want to be regarded in that same light in a football sense..Does every Tennessee fan wish the school and their athletes would be compared to those two schools mentioned and win??...Of Course...

And to stay on topic,Chris you would look awful good wearing that #19 in Tennessee Orange... ;)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont be fooled!

I love to read how everyone "knows" where Chris is going to school. The decision isnt based on football right now guys....... Chris is looking at an education. Not the football aspect as much as everyone would like to think. Chris IS a different kind of kid. Many of you talk like you know Chris personally and have no clue what his goals are in the future. " Mommy and Daddy" play a big part in making that foundation for Chris and others as well. But the Final decision is totally up to him.

Chris has great support in Huntingdon and all of West Tennessee but some are only looking at the lines between those goal posts on Saturday. Chris is far beyond that aspect of maturity. He Doesnt think or act like your typical teenager He's looking past the strapping on of a helmet and putting in a mouth piece. He's really handling this as one step towards one of his future goals.... A COLLEGE DEGREE, and life after that. If football is in the picture thats all fine and dandy. If not... so be it. But I promise you HE WILL BE PREPARED FOR LIFE after college regardless of what college that may be.

So for those of you that think you know Chris and Know his school of choice...... Dont be fooled thinking this is all about football.

When you cry with him, laugh with him, mourn with him, and is always there when he needs you.............. You know him!

Or do you really need him for 7 tackles 2 sack and a fumble recovery a game to really know him?

GO STANGS!!!

Well if you know him so well then let me ask you a few questions...

Is Chris not a huge UT fan?

Has Chris visited the UT campus more than any other?

Does Chris still wear his UT bracelet?

Does Chris not think his education needs won't be met at either school?

If you think about the big picture the education is gonna be great at either place and the educational support is gonna be great at either place. They both play bigtime football in major venues. But the deciding factor to me will be his love for the vols.

Kenton to me my man is part of Gibson Co..... :lol:

You know,I'm all about a good debate and you were doing a fine job until you went stupid with the Kenton remark....I'm glad people have passionate ideas on both spectrums,but keep it adult :lol:

And truth be known,whether its pitiful or not,the name of the game on The Hill is wins and losses..Should it be that way??...Of Course Not...Not entirely...Those kids should go to class and not run around naked knocking defensless girls down steps and hollering about Jesus loving you....But that is the beast we know as Tennessee Volunteer Football.....When you lay with dogs,you more than likely will acquire a few fleas...And to get good football players,sometimes you have to go deep into places me and you don't belong...

Another truth is I do care about what happens to these guys in five years...The ones that didn't act a fool,and actually there are many in the UT program that do not act a fool,will be successful members of our society..The ones that go and get in trouble were more than likely going to whether or not they had a pigskin in their hands..But whos fault is that seabass????....Maybe its Fulmer's fault for trying to win at all costs,because he knows he has to win or go watch his daughter play softball full-time...But,its certainly not my fault as I have nothing to do with recruiting or telling the powers that be how to run their football business at Knoxville...Do you not think Fulmer and his recruiting staff know what they are getting when they go looking for the next Reggie White or Al Wilson???..Really,who is the villian???Me or the guy that brings that cancer to campus in the first place???

Another thing,don't bring the subject in personally...I do have something to do with kids at Obion Co Central..(Obion is a small city south of Troy)One in particular that happens to play football and has a chance to further his education and football to the next level..Oh and yes,I do stress academics to him and he is a good student,but he would have been whether he played football or was leader of the debate team....Don't go there...

And to end my rant,my initial post on the subject was directed at Duke and Vanderbilt's FOOTBALL programs...And NO,UT fans do not want to be regarded in that same light in a football sense..Does every Tennessee fan wish the school and their athletes would be compared to those two schools mentioned and win??...Of Course...

And to stay on topic,Chris you would look awful good wearing that #19 in Tennessee Orange... ;)

It's always difficult to argue academics with a Vols (I bleed big orange) fan. It's impossible after a losing a year. Here's to dumber than dirt jocks, Phil Fulmer and embarrassing headlines! It's a sad commentary when a good part of the state's population views its self-worth upon whether a bunch of 20 year olds can win more games than lose. If nothing else the program gives SI and ESPN plenty of material.

Ah, so much fun.

To me, college is a place where opportunities are given for a person to become what they want to be in life. For some, college is a chance to become a football player who's going to ink a $50 million signing bonus. For others, it may be being a becoming a 3rd grade teacher at an inner-city school. In each case, college provides to opportunity for a person to grow and develop to succeed. In the end, however, it comes back to the individual. If a kid is recruited, comes to college, thinks he doesn't need an education, just plays football, and doesn't make it, then in the end, is it not the kid's fault? The kid has been given the opportunity, and every conceivable chance and asset to succeed. If he doesn't it in the end is the kid's fault, period.

Now, as for the educational side of UT. Tennessee has a good engineering school. Very good actually, and it is very demanding. If he wants to be an engineer, he will be well-prepared at Tennessee. I'm sure he knows that, and I'm sure his parents know that.

Well if you know him so well then let me ask you a few questions...

Is Chris not a huge UT fan?

Has Chris visited the UT campus more than any other?

Does Chris still wear his UT bracelet?

Does Chris not think his education needs won't be met at either school?

If you think about the big picture the education is gonna be great at either place and the educational support is gonna be great at either place. They both play bigtime football in major venues. But the deciding factor to me will be his love for the vols.

Well.............................................I dont really know him I just see him every blue moon riding his bike to school and then I may see him in the grocery store buying milk or something. I wish I could meet him and see what things he likes to eat or maybe even play catch with him sometimes. He sounds like a great young man. I would really like to get to know the kid. :):lol::lol:

Some people just dont have a clue. ;)

Well.............................................I dont really know him I just see him every blue moon riding his bike to school and then I may see him in the grocery store buying milk or something. I wish I could meet him and see what things he likes to eat or maybe even play catch with him sometimes. He sounds like a great young man. I would really like to get to know the kid. :):lol::lol:

Some people just dont have a clue. ;)

Well I am sorry...I just know what I read. I really don't know Chris, I just go to college with some guys from Huntingdon and they say he is a class act. I really hope he chooses the best school for him. I know he will because he seems like a smart kid I just hope its the vols cause I would love to watch him for years to come. I will cheer for Chris no matter what he does, because I know he will represent his state and town well.

Edited by GoVols21

Kenton to me my man is part of Gibson Co..... ;)

And to stay on topic,Chris you would look awful good wearing that #19 in Tennessee Orange... :lol:

look I am not trying to be attackful and it's not because you bagged on my school,you said some nice things in this last post but dude you seem to care from this post about kids and life after football but say stuff like who cares about what happens off the field and an emphasis on academics as holier than though,how could you possibly expect anyone to draw any other conclusion.As a vol fa you should insist that your coach make his players walk the line or else because they are developing a bad reputation and it will start affecting recruiting

I get this one alot but it is so fun watching these two kids.Donald reminds me alot of Chris Walker,if Donald were going to play on the offensive side in college I would say hands down Donald.Donald is a guy with good speed strong as a bull and an understanding of the game a sure fire college LB.Hogsett however is 6-3 230 maybe bigger by now and growing,I believe his bench is near 400,he is the hardest hitter I have seen @ this level in 10 years.However being a big hitter is nice but there are lots of those,wherever the ball is you will find Hogsett.I still contend that he is the best player in west tenn he may just be a little more green,but I have seen them both and you can't go wrong either way.I think however in college hogsett may switch to DE while donald is a lock at linebacker. Sea Bass

Yeah I`m hearing Hogsett will likely be a DE. And yes he has gotten bigger since last fall. O think one reason he has not been popping up as much on the radar screen is that JCM`s coach hasn`t been very helpful in working with recruiters. That`s something he really needs to improve on. I heard UT coaches were about to stop recruiting JCM if the coach wasn`t gonna take the time to send some film.

Volunteer[/url'>General' post='826074015' date='Jul 6 2006 - 02:25 AM']

Yeah I`m hearing Hogsett will likely be a DE. And yes he has gotten bigger since last fall. O think one reason he has not been popping up as much on the radar screen is that JCM`s coach hasn`t been very helpful in working with recruiters. That`s something he really needs to improve on. I heard UT coaches were about to stop recruiting JCM if the coach wasn`t gonna take the time to send some film.

VG, do you ever go to bed? I saw Hogsett at the Golden Circle All Star game. And, while he has added 15 pounds or so, he is still about 3% body fat, just amazing. I heard Memphis is coming hard after him, and I dont think that will be a bad place for him to go. Believe it or not, Coach West says that his transfer QB will be one of the tops in U of M history, and we all know about that defense. I think he will be a star at Memphis if he goes.

As for Donald, I have a very lot of very close friends and family in Huntingdon, and they all say the same thing. If Donald was 100% sure where he was going to go, he would have commited by now, he's not one of those guys that want that recruiting spotlight. His play on the field and his work ethic do the talking for him. And like someone else said he is going to be a star anywhere, so you really can't hate on anywhere that he chooses because it was obviously the best choice for him.