Class 4A: Region 3 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Well with all do respect to the maryville fans,I believe maryville had and always will have a good football program.. but i believe this year they'll still be a great team they just lack in the defensive department in all honest... if you stack up all the teams in our region this year we all have fairly equally offenses just in different areas.. but this year i believe defense is defentially what's going to be the decideing factor and maryville just dosen't have that this year.. and as far as the poles go yea clinton was looking good during spring but we where lacking defense which we had no training over during spring but, that will and has def changed,but when it comes down to it when the season starts past dosen't matter it's the future and it'll be put up or shut up time and i hate to tell you there's going to be a lot of shuting up for those doubting Clinton or any other under dog

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well with all do respect to the maryville fans,I believe maryville had and always will have a good football program.. but i believe this year they'll still be a great team they just lack in the defensive department in all honest... if you stack up all the teams in our region this year we all have fairly equally offenses just in different areas.. but this year i believe defense is defentially what's going to be the decideing factor and maryville just dosen't have that this year.. and as far as the poles go yea clinton was looking good during spring but we where lacking defense which we had no training over during spring but, that will and has def changed,but when it comes down to it when the season starts past dosen't matter it's the future and it'll be put up or shut up time and i hate to tell you there's going to be a lot of shuting up for those doubting Clinton or any other under dog

Ok I'll address this, Why do you think things are on the upswing for Clinton? Of course one can not do much worse than 2-28 the past three seasons! Now I for one would like to see those Dragons have a winning season, but getting that done in the present day 3-4A is no easy task. Think Oak Ridge is going to let up? Central, Knox West, Powell and Halls are no creampuffs and Lenoir City is better this year than last as well and the hung 34 on you last year! And Maryville, mark a loss in that block.

Maryville's defense was about solid two deep last year and have only lost a LB, three D lineman up front and a DB from last year. Every one that graduated impacted the team but every kid who will start this year, got to start last year by my memory. Maryville does have some work to do but I think they will get it done. Good luck to Clinton but it is all uphill and I expect you to be maybe 3-7 this year at best.

Ok I'll address this, Why do you think things are on the upswing for Clinton? Of course one can not do much worse than 2-28 the past three seasons! Now I for one would like to see those Dragons have a winning season, but getting that done in the present day 3-4A is no easy task. Think Oak Ridge is going to let up? Central, Knox West, Powell and Halls are no creampuffs and Lenoir City is better this year than last as well and the hung 34 on you last year! And Maryville, mark a loss in that block.

Maryville's defense was about solid two deep last year and have only lost a LB, three D lineman up front and a DB from last year. Every one that graduated impacted the team but every kid who will start this year, got to start last year by my memory. Maryville does have some work to do but I think they will get it done. Good luck to Clinton but it is all uphill and I expect you to be maybe 3-7 this year at best.

Okay i never said it was going to be easy first off, and the reason why i think things are on the upswing is because i play, no one in there right mind can honestly say clinton never had the talent no one cause when you come from back to back middle school championships or 2nd place teams your talent is there it just branches off to different sports, but this year things changed a lot of us includeing myself who where in different sports came back, we actually have something we didn't have a "team" the injuries in the past have been critical but you hardly hear about that all you hear is there's another lose for clinton, but quote me on this i gurantee victory and note to all players when you step in a lions cage don't try to touch his food cause you might just be his next meal that football that's my food and nobody,nobody will take that, look for my jersey as well as a pack of other dragons in the back field on every play,but like i said before i don't want to argue on here i show my skill on the field just tell your maryville and oak ridge boys to get ready to get shut up hard

Okay i never said it was going to be easy first off, and the reason why i think things are on the upswing is because i play, no one in there right mind can honestly say clinton never had the talent no one cause when you come from back to back middle school championships or 2nd place teams your talent is there it just branches off to different sports, but this year things changed a lot of us includeing myself who where in different sports came back, we actually have something we didn't have a "team" the injuries in the past have been critical but you hardly hear about that all you hear is there's another lose for clinton, but quote me on this i gurantee victory and note to all players when you step in a lions cage don't try to touch his food cause you might just be his next meal that football that's my food and nobody,nobody will take that, look for my jersey as well as a pack of other dragons in the back field on every play,but like i said before i don't want to argue on here i show my skill on the field just tell your maryville and oak ridge boys to get ready to get shut up hard

Wow "Shut up hard"? Middle school Championships? ooooooooohhhhhhhh!

72 you should be running and lifting weights with your time instead of posting sillyness on a web page.

Most teams have injuries, you have no exclusive rights to that. The great and good teams overcome injuries. Teams who can't win because injuries have no depth and you will never win in 3-4A with no depth. I still think you guys will be 3-7 at best this year. Sorry but good luck and we'll be looking for you on 1 Sep.

Holy cow!! I can not believe that people are actually predicting SD to be a good team this year!! This is unbelieveable!! First off Maryville will more than likely be a number 1 team again. 2 Powell is going to be in 2nd, yeah they lost alot of players,but still they are going to be tough!! West will be 3rd. Central 4th. Halls 5th. SD 6th. Clinton 7th. And who ever is left in last. Posters can say what they want to...But SD in the top 3 no chance. HAHA. Thats funny people think that!! anyways good luck to all the teams...and GO PANTHERS!!!!

72 you should be running and lifting weights with your time instead of posting sillyness on a web page.

Most teams have injuries, you have no exclusive rights to that. The great and good teams overcome injuries. Teams who can't win because injuries have no depth and you will never win in 3-4A with no depth. I still think you guys will be 3-7 at best this year. Sorry but good luck and we'll be looking for you on 1 Sep.

lol I should be running and lifting naw i do that over 6 hours a day and i'm on vacation I don't hear any of your boys saying that,because they don't do that i work bust my butt to train to be the best,and that's what i am, hate me or luv me i could care less hate me or love me i make ppl feel the hurt ask farragut on that, yea i was the one getting double and tripled teamed,and yet i still managed to get in the backfield numreous times, with an injured knee , yea i'm the kid who put up a 1000 pound lift with only two lifts on my hurt knee so as far as lifting weights i think i'm good but thanks anyways but that's enough about me tell me about you? haha

lol I should be running and lifting naw i do that over 6 hours a day and i'm on vacation I don't hear any of your boys saying that,because they don't do that i work bust my butt to train to be the best,and that's what i am, hate me or luv me i could care less hate me or love me i make ppl feel the hurt ask farragut on that, yea i was the one getting double and tripled teamed,and yet i still managed to get in the backfield numreous times, with an injured knee , yea i'm the kid who put up a 1000 pound lift with only two lifts on my hurt knee so as far as lifting weights i think i'm good but thanks anyways but that's enough about me tell me about you? haha

I'll go out on a limb and say you are not a even a player. Farragut? They are no factor in 3-4A, they are 5A. Six hours a day, Bull and not even the pro's work out that much in the off season. I would say the kids with Maryville work as hard as or harder than most.

If you haven't noticed Maryville's season normally starts in August and ends the first Saturday evening in December! That’s 5 games more a year than Clinton gets to play and that is hard work as well.

Edited by FBEmeritus

QUOTE(FBEmeritus @ Jul 18 2006 - 06:47 AM)

Wow kid, you're an amazing player, AND humble. I hope you notice that Tyler Maples doesn't get on here and play himself up..None of the Maryville or Morristown West(I know we aren't in reigon 3, just showing we have class, too!) players do. They let their game do the talking, and they show class. When the 4A State Semi has rolled around the past few years, whether it be on a muddy Morristown West or on the field at Maryville, respect was shown, and no team needed to talk themselves up before the game..And no matter the outcome, there was always a hard-fought battle. Part of being a great athlete and being part of a great team takes being classy and not bragging about yourself.

I'll go out on a limb and say you are not a even a player. Farragut? They are no factor in 3-4A, they are 5A. Six hours a day, Bull and not even the pro's work out that much in the off season. I would say the kids with Maryville work as hard as or harder than most.

If you haven't noticed Maryville's season normally starts in August and ends the first Saturday evening in December! That’s 5 games more a year than Clinton gets to play and that is hard work as well.

aight after this post i'm done on the subject okay us against farragut that was a scrmmiage game by the way... if you notice what i said before you would have caught that... but anyways ... yea i go over 6 hours a day even though i'm on vacation for me not my team not anybody else but me... i train hard so i play hard

Wow kid, you're an amazing player, AND humble. I hope you notice that Tyler Maples doesn't get on here and play himself up..None of the Maryville or Morristown West(I know we aren't in reigon 3, just showing we have class, too!) players do. They let their game do the talking, and they show class. When the 4A State Semi has rolled around the past few years, whether it be on a muddy Morristown West or on the field at Maryville, respect was shown, and no team needed to talk themselves up before the game..And no matter the outcome, there was always a hard-fought battle. Part of being a great athlete and being part of a great team takes being classy and not bragging about yourself.

okay first off the convo didn't start with me talkin myself up it starts when people talk about what they don't know but that really doesn't matter i have class that's why i'm choosing to walk away from the subject now, and if you looked on my previous post i tried to do that, but you know when all you hear is people disrespect your team, disrepect your town,because of former years then you lose a little class and a lot of respect for those people, and i couldn't tell ya who tyler maples cause previously before this season all i did was box,farm work, and what not I let me action speak for me but obviously the other guy couldn't understand that so the convo keep going but i'm done with that now but ya'll are more than welcome to come watch us play i'll show ya'll victory the clinton way

okay first off the convo didn't start with me talkin myself up it starts when people talk about what they don't know but that really doesn't matter i have class that's why i'm choosing to walk away from the subject now, and if you looked on my previous post i tried to do that, but you know when all you hear is people disrespect your team, disrepect your town,because of former years then you lose a little class and a lot of respect for those people, and i couldn't tell ya who tyler maples cause previously before this season all i did was box,farm work, and what not I let me action speak for me but obviously the other guy couldn't understand that so the convo keep going but i'm done with that now but ya'll are more than welcome to come watch us play i'll show ya'll victory the clinton way

Like I said your not even a player. Posting at 3AM you should be sleeping to make thiose 6 hour workouts effective. No disrespect to the commuinity of Clinton but the football program needs a serious overhaul and earn the respect you seek.

On last word of friendly advice, sign up for English class and do the homework.

Good luck to Clinton but they will not be the Region 3-4A faviorate this or next year. Sorry if you think that is disrespect.