Class 4A: Region 3 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

LMBO....that is what they all say. Let me assure you that I HAVE VERY CLOSE TIES TO MARYVILLE and they DO NOT RECRUIT. There is also not a steroid issue. I am also here to tell you SON that you are a liar. :thumb:

MLREB, along the same lines, but not calling it recruiting, how many students play football at Maryville that are "out of zone" or tuition players? I heard the big dog Douglas is one, your starting QB is one and even the UT bound reciever is another. I may be wrong, that's what I was told! May be another rumor. Just out of curiosity, how many tuition players start for the dynasty?

I love what GQ is doing a Maryville. He is a good coach and a winner. I just wish all schools had the same rules; I believe Maryville would still be a powerhouse because of the deciplined program they have. But, I also know if you put a Douglas and one or two other very good players on MoWest, Central, Halls or any of the "good" teams, it WOULD make a difference. You know as well as I, there aren't that many D-1 players in east tn, little alone more than one on any one team.

I promise if MoWest had open enrollment and got just a couple of really good players (like a Douglas), we could play with anyone. Not dissing Maryville or anyone else! But MoWest has a class act just as good as anyone... I also know District 2 4A isn't as tough as District 3 or District 4. Coach Woods program is a step below no-one. He has decipline and respect from everyone. That's why we dress 90+ yearly on the varsity, the kids love him! I haven't done the research, but I would be willing to bet Coach Woods record is probably the second best in the state covering the last 5-6 years. Second to GQ of course. I just wish all schools had open enrollment or all did not. It's hard to compare apples to apples the way it is now. It really is not fair! Best of luck to the Rebels this year, until round 4, and I hope they have a bad game. Ha Ha See ya in round 4!!!!! Hope everyone stays injury free!

BTW, MoWest is implementing a school-wide drug testing policy. I believe it would be good for all schools to do this...for two reasons...clear up all rumors about athletes (steroids) and the most important reason...will help stop drug use in schools.

Edited by Trojan E.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote name='Trojan E.' date='Jul 12 2006 - 07:16 AM' post='826076971']

MLREB, along the same lines, but not calling it recruiting, how many students play football at Maryville that are "out of zone" or tuition players? I heard the big dog Douglas is one, your starting QB is one and even the UT bound reciever is another. I may be wrong, that's what I was told! May be another rumor. Just out of curiosity, how many tuition players start for the dynasty?

[b]You are wrong.... Douglas lives in Maryville...the starting QB?...let me stick my head around the cornor and ask.....he said he lives in the city and that is one I can vouch for :thumb:. The 2nd head of the QB tandum and back-up QB to those two live in Maryville, Maples is not a tuition student so I can tell you someone has been lying to you. Last year I believe there were six tuition students out of approximately 120, counting freshman, on the squad. Of those 6 only 3 or 4 were contrubutors. This year I am aware of 1 starter that pays tuition. With the shear numbers at the school and the growth of the school tuition students are becoming a thing of the past.

I promise if MoWest had open enrollment and got just a couple of really good players (like a Douglas), we could play with anyone. Not dissing Maryville or anyone else!

Actually you are dissing Maryville. Did Mo West not get a couple of heavy contributors from Jefferson County last year? Douglas was a sophomore last year with approximatley 15 receptions from the TE position. He didn't play defense. Maryville would have won the state last year without Douglas. What you need to understand is that Maryville is a great example of a team. It wasn't about one or two players last year and it never has been.

Let me assure you Maryville players and fans have great respect for coach Woods and Mo West. Your post is mostly a whine, especially the whine..."it's not fair". Mo West was loaded last year and yet Maryville marched right through them. Do you think Maryville was 28 points more tallented than Mo West? Think about it....

Edited by MLREB

quote name='Trojan E.' date='Jul 12 2006 - 07:16 AM' post='826076971']

[b]You are wrong.... Douglas lives in Maryville...the starting QB?...let me stick my head around the cornor and ask.....he said he lives in the city and that is one I can vouch for :thumb:. The 2nd head of the QB tandum and back-up QB to those two live in Maryville, Maples is not a tuition student so I can tell you someone has been lying to you. Last year I believe there were six tuition students out of approximately 120, counting freshman, on the squad. Of those 6 only 3 or 4 were contrubutors. This year I am aware of 1 starter that pays tuition. With the shear numbers at the school and the growth of the school tuition students are becoming a thing of the past.

I promise if MoWest had open enrollment and got just a couple of really good players (like a Douglas), we could play with anyone. Not dissing Maryville or anyone else!

Actually you are dissing Maryville. Did Mo West not get a couple of heavy contributors from Jefferson County last year? Douglas was a sophomore last year with approximatley 15 receptions from the TE position. He didn't play defense. Maryville would have won the state last year without Douglas. What you need to understand is that Maryville is a great example of a team. It wasn't about one or two players last year and it never has been.

Let me assure you Maryville players and fans have great respect for coach Woods and Mo West. Your post is mostly a whine, especially the whine..."it's not fair". Mo West was loaded last year and yet Maryville marched right through them. Do you think Maryville was 28 points more tallented than Mo West? Think about it....

I should have know better to place a post in your direction. Your are so pig-headed. You never try to see anyone else's side of anything. I mentitioned many positive things about GQ and Maryville. I bet most Maryville fans can't stand you!

Yes, we did get A (as in one player)from Jeff., and that was because of the coaching situtation there and all the junk going on. It's not like its a year in- year out thing every year. By the way, before you start your tunnel vision comments, we also received another player from Jeff this year; for the same reason.

Who is the starter that pays tuition? and did Douglas relocate from another Knox school to come to the dynasty? The liar your referring to is the parent of a Maryville baseball player I met this summer. Why would he lie? Maybe he meant two or three players have transferred to Maryville. If some kids are transferring. R parents getting better jobs as stated in an earlier post.

As I said earlier, Maryville is good and have a great program, except for idiots like you who have an understanding deficiency. I totally understand Maryville is an example of TEAM.

How can you say it's totally equal for some schools to have open enrollment and others not. That's stupid! At this level, sometimes one player, depending on how good he is, can mean the difference. Litle alone 3-4 last year as you said!!! WOW, any highschool would love to get 3 or 4 good contributors to join their team.

Look at last year, and for that matter, years past, at the state champions in football, baseball and basketball. Maryville, Alcoa, Riverdale and so-on...Football and baseball powerhouses... just good programs huh? To coincidental!!!! Is Farragut open enrollment also? You don't have to admit anything...but everyone knows the truth...about what helps programs to be great year in and year out.

I guarantee you...if you were one of the schools that didn't have open enrollment and you got beat by the team that does, every year, you would be saying the same thing. I'm just tired of people like you saying it doesn't make a difference and that your program is better and your coaching is better and so on...THE BOTTOM LINE IS, IT'S NOT APPLES TO APPLES!!!

Good luck this year Maryville! MLREB, your a retard.

I should have know better to place a post in your direction. Your are so pig-headed.

I do resemble that remark :thumb:

You never try to see anyone else's side of anything.

Sure....I see your side..... you were whinning...simple as that!

I mentitioned many positive things about GQ and Maryville.

Yep...you sure did after you basically accused them of playing unfairly.

I bet most Maryville fans can't stand you!

Actually most love me because I stand up to whinny people that live by the creedence of "since they can't beat you they spread lies"....

Yes, we did get A (as in one player)from Jeff., and that was because of the coaching situtation there and all the junk going on. It's not like its a year in- year out thing every year. By the way, before you start your tunnel vision comments, we also received another player from Jeff this year; for the same reason.[/b

Yet it's not fair when other schools obtain players that transer?move in from other schools. DO you know the meaning of hypocrisy?

Who is the starter that pays tuition?

Baker....his brother played and graduated from Maryville in 01 and his father palyed and graduated in 1971.

and did Douglas relocate from another Knox school to come to the dynasty?

Yes....Douglas and his family moved to Maryville two years ago and Aaron has been on the squad since his freshman year. He will be a junior.

The liar your referring to is the parent of a Maryville baseball player I met this summer. Why would he lie?

Not sure....maybe you should do some research for accuracy before you post hearsay on a public forum. Statements like you posted that are not accurate can hurt others. Ever thought about that?

Maybe he meant two or three players have transferred to Maryville. If some kids are transferring. R parents getting better jobs as stated in an earlier post.

Maryville is a growing city. People from all over the country are moving to this area and many end up in Maryville. Better jobs.....maybe but many many people live in Maryville and work in Oak Ridge...Loudon....Knoxville. Sounds like you are reaching for excuses on that one 50.

As I said earlier, Maryville is good and have a great program, except for idiots like you who have an understanding deficiency.

I understand compeletely. You were whinning and looking for excuses as to why Maryville dominated your loaded and undefeated team last year. I ask you to think about it and it appears that you became upset and didn't think.

I totally understand Maryville is an example of TEAM.

How can you say it's totally equal for some schools to have open enrollment and others not. That's stupid!

I didn't say that. I did say in a indirect way that the open enrollment doesn't help Maryville as much as you think. The annual cost of tuition at MHS is $2,200. Also, tuition students are limited and becoming more limited. I pointed out, and rightfully so that MO West got help from another school to. Now tell us how a kid can walk away from Jeff County and take right up at Mo West? I'm sure there is a reason how just like at Maryville but at Maryville according to you, It's not fair...sniff..sniff.

At this level, sometimes one player, depending on how good he is, can mean the difference. Litle alone 3-4 last year as you said!!! WOW, any highschool would love to get 3 or 4 good contributors to join their team.

WOW...... As I told you earlier Maryville is a great example of a "team". If the 3 or 4 tuition students were not playing someone else would have stepped up. Happens every year...at Maryville and at Mo West. Another whinny reach 50.

Look at last year, and for that matter, years past, at the state champions in football, baseball and basketball. Maryville, Alcoa, Riverdale and so-on...Football and baseball powerhouses... just good programs huh? To coincidental!!!! Is Farragut open enrollment also? You don't have to admit anything...but everyone knows the truth...about what helps programs to be great year in and year out.

Good lord son.....you are going to need a blanket to absorb those crockodile tears. That was some powderful tear jerking crying there.

I guarantee you...if you were one of the schools that didn't have open enrollment and you got beat by the team that does, every year, you would be saying the same thing. I'm just tired of people like you saying it doesn't make a difference and that your program is better and your coaching is better and so on...THE BOTTOM LINE IS, IT'S NOT APPLES TO APPLES!!!

Good luck this year Maryville! MLREB, your a retard.

So I am a retard because I gave you the facts and you can't handle them. I understand losing is difficult and finding excuses can be soothing. Just please promise me that you will now go drink a gallon of water to replace all those fluids lost during this cry-a-thon. I would hate to see you fall ill due to dehydration.

As I stated before we have much respect for Mo West and Coach Woods. Good luck the year.

Edited by MLREB

Thanks for the Good Luck, MLREB. I wish the same for the Maryville team,also(Until the Friday after Thanksgiving, of course). I think that most people don't understand that talent can only get you so far. The coaching is a big part, and the 4A State Semi Final this year showed two of the best coaches in TN High School football. This past year, MoWest was a BIG team compared to Maryville. But I have never in my life seen a team do what they wanted, when they wanted, with the football like this years' Maryville team in the State Semis. Some people will always look for a reason to bash on Maryville, and for that, I apologize, MLREB and other Maryville fans. As much as I love West High football and love to see them win and love to see them beat Maryville, when Maryville wins, I will be the first to congratulate them and say that they deserved it. Part of being a man/athlete is being a good sport and knowing when you get outplayed. I get sick of sitting in the student section hearing "Maryville stinks"...Well guys, seeing that they have only lost 2 games since 2001(Both to MW), I'd say that they have a class act and a state power house that is far from "sucking". As for open enrollment. I don't mind at all that Maryville has open enrollment, and you won't ever see me whine about it--Because if it was MoWest on the other end of this deal, and Maryville without open enrollment, I wouldn't be complaining. But as we all know, when you have a team with amazing coaching and talent, you're always going to have a bullseye on your back, and you have to be careful on how you wear it. So, Congrats Maryville. I've never seen a team with such success wear it with such class.

Just my opinion.

Edited by WestHightrojanfan2007

Thanks for the Good Luck, MLREB. I wish the same for the Maryville team,also(Until the Friday after Thanksgiving, of course). I think that most people don't understand that talent can only get you so far. The coaching is a big part, and the 4A State Semi Final this year showed two of the best coaches in TN High School football. This past year, MoWest was a BIG team compared to Maryville. But I have never in my life seen a team do what they wanted, when they wanted, with the football like this years' Maryville team in the State Semis. Some people will always look for a reason to bash on Maryville, and for that, I apologize, MLREB and other Maryville fans. As much as I love West High football and love to see them win and love to see them beat Maryville, when Maryville wins, I will be the first to congratulate them and say that they deserved it. Part of being a man/athlete is being a good sport and knowing when you get outplayed. I get sick of sitting in the student section hearing "Maryville stinks"...Well guys, seeing that they have only lost 2 games since 2001(Both to MW), I'd say that they have a class act and a state power house that is far from "sucking". As for open enrollment. I don't mind at all that Maryville has open enrollment, and you won't ever see me whine about it--Because if it was MoWest on the other end of this deal, and Maryville without open enrollment, I wouldn't be complaining. But as we all know, when you have a team with amazing coaching and talent, you're always going to have a bullseye on your back, and you have to be careful on how you wear it. So, Congrats Maryville. I've never seen a team with such success wear it with such class.

Just my opinion.

Very classy post B) It's fans like you that make It easy to pull for Morristown West . Coach Woods Is all class !

Never apologise for other posters WHTF2007. I appreciate your post and garnish that with the class that is typical of Mo West fans and players. I grow weary of the shots taken at Maryville but must admit I have a little fun with the unknowing. It's not a big secret what happens at MHS. Just go watch a few games and you will see a mildly athletic bunch that are well coaches and execute well above the highschool level. Many times Maryville is out numbered by more athletic teams only to cruise by them in the end. Of the last seven state championships I can only safely state that Maryville had the better personel in two of those years......1998 and 2001. The other years you can attribute much of the success to coaching and kids executing.

Again.....good luck!

Never apologise for other posters WHTF2007. I appreciate your post and garnish that with the class that is typical of Mo West fans and players. I grow weary of the shots taken at Maryville but must admit I have a little fun with the unknowing. It's not a big secret what happens at MHS. Just go watch a few games and you will see a mildly athletic bunch that are well coaches and execute well above the highschool level. Many times Maryville is out numbered by more athletic teams only to cruise by them in the end. Of the last seven state championships I can only safely state that Maryville had the better personel in two of those years......1998 and 2001. The other years you can attribute much of the success to coaching and kids executing.

Again.....good luck!

which year was the year that Maryville lost like thier first couple of games and was like 1-3 or something then they won the rest of their games and go on to win the state?

Very classy post :thumb: It's fans like you that make It easy to pull for Morristown West . Coach Woods Is all class !

Agree, it does get old defending the states one true football dynasty. It is something when posters and news paper types take shots at the kids who wear the Red and Black. It comes with success and no one has had the success that Maryville has but yet un-recognized as a true southern HS football power IMO. Year end and year out Maryville soundly defeats teams that on paper look pretty overwhelming, more athletic, faster, bigger and many very well coached in their own right. Coaching is a huge part of it but hard work, dedication to team and discipline go along way. Belief in one's own teammates to get the job done speaks well of the young men. Every kid who earns the opportunity to get on the field Friday nights for Maryville, is ready and prepared to beat "His" man across the ball every snap. He may not be the biggest or most athletic but can man up vs. any other schools players. A football man will have to go to the next level to find a more mentally prepared football team than Maryville is. Sure any given night the other team could defeat the Red Rebels, but there is never a question Maryville is ready for the game. If one player fails to get the assignment done on any play, he get's pulled, coached, encouraged and sent back into the game. If you can't get it done after that you sit and watch. I mean stand, GQ and company do not allow much sitting or any helmets off for very long. Maryville comes to win, every night not just play the game.

If a kid has played or even suited for Maryville Varsity he has done something special in his four years of high school and worked harder the most. The cheap shots can come but the memories and success can not be taken away.

As to tuition students. My sons were tuition student’s part of the time and were mainly at Maryville because of academics, but we sure enjoyed the football and still plan to be in the stands where ever the Rebels are playing for years to come. I had to move into the city for a time, to insure the boys could go to Maryville and lost money on our home, to move but it was worth every dime! Now as I look back across the years I have no regrets.

If I were a parent with sons who had some athletic ability, and wanted to play football, who better than GQ and company to influence and help develop your young man during his formable years. I would sell and change jobs if necessary to have my kids attend Maryville High School. No, I don't blame any parent for wanting his son to wear the Red and Black and I know that most can't do what we did, but not everyone can attend Notre Dame ether!

Sorry I got long winded!