Father Ryan vs. JP2

bigbigguy

I believe that we are up to the challenge. We are a young program and moving to D2AAA is the next step in our development. We will be pretty familiar with about half of the D2AAA programs and the rest we will figure out. We look forward to the challenge and expect to be successful at the next level.

:thumb:

You guys are not ready for D2-AAA. And it aint gonna be pretty when Tate leaves. Your not playing teams like Harding or St. Benedict anymore. Now its Baylor and Christian Brothers. You guys are simply not ready.

Clock = Strikes 12:00.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are not ready for D2-AAA. And it aint gonna be pretty when Tate leaves. Your not playing teams like Harding or St. Benedict anymore. Now its Baylor and Christian Brothers. You guys are simply not ready.

Clock = Strikes 12:00.

As usual FRW you have some knight bashing to do. Our move is not due to the fact that JP2 is overconfident and "requested" the move. We HAVE TO move. So get over it and worry about the Irish. It seems you guys have all this "history" but haven't been able to win more than about 6 games in the last 6-7 years. When that turns around then talk to me about Knight preparedness.

Coach Brothers would be a real stupid coach if he didn't realize that we have a fight on our hands in D2AAA, but I trust Coach Brothers and his staff to prepare the team mentally and physically week in and week out. You know FRW, when you are a better coach than Brothers maybe you can apply for the Irish job. :unsure:

I heard FRHS may not show up for the JPII game. They may forfeit because the Knights are too scary and mean and they don't to get their players hurt the first week.

Ole Dad

As usual FRW you have some knight bashing to do. Our move is not due to the fact that JP2 is overconfident and "requested" the move. We HAVE TO move. So get over it and worry about the Irish. It seems you guys have all this "history" but haven't been able to win more than about 6 games in the last 6-7 years. When that turns around then talk to me about Knight preparedness.

Coach Brothers would be a real stupid coach if he didn't realize that we have a fight on our hands in D2AAA, but I trust Coach Brothers and his staff to prepare the team mentally and physically week in and week out. You know FRW, when you are a better coach than Brothers maybe you can apply for the Irish job. :thumb:

Edited by Ole Dad

I heard FRHS may not show up for the JPII game. The may forfeit because the Knights are to scary and mean and they don't to get their players hurt the first week.

Ole Dad

As usual the Ryan posters cannot use appropriate grammar or maybe they don't know how to use a keyboard; nonetheless, no one has said Ryan won't show for the game. In fact I believe this is the game Ryan probably wants to win most. :):)

OD I am sorry that you can't speak to the game; that you have to resort to being petty and patronizing. When you can post coherently then come back. :lol:

PS By the way this is our second game of the season. :mellow:

Edited by jp2fan

Hey Merriam-Webster. I never said it was JPII's first game. I said it was FRHS's first game. So, therefore as usual it appears the problem is not with the poster but with the postee...and that would be you.

Ole Dad

As usual the Ryan posters cannot use appropriate grammar or maybe they don't know how to use a keyboard; nonetheless, no one has said Ryan won't show for the game. In fact I believe this is the game Ryan probably wants to win most. :thumb::)

LOD I am sorry that you can't speak to the game; that you have to resort to being petty and patronizing. When you can post coherently then come back. :D

PS By the way this is our second game of the season. :lol:

Ole Dad you must be from east tn I see you on the board talking about Oak Ridge alot. Did you just follow Lussier down from that area. You seem to be a little over protective of him and Ryan. As far as JPII coming in to the league next yr the will take some lumps, just like they did early but they will be good as time goes on. I think JPII Fan is right.

Hey Merriam-Webster. I never said it was JPII's first game. I said it was FRHS's first game. So, therefore as usual it appears the problem is not with the poster but with the postee...and that would be you.

Ole Dad

Chill OD.... at least this post is a little more coherent. I see that you also pulled out your copy of M-W. :lol:

Ryan is our second game...just food for thought. No reference to Ryan's game schedule but thanks for the heads up. :lol:

Edited by jp2fan

As far as the move from AA to AAA goes, for starters, Father Ryan has little if any room to talk on the matter seeing as how they have had very limited success in the past decade in this division they claim to know so well. Secondly, JPII will be one of the smaller schools in the division. While we're on the topic of Father ryan though, they are a school of 1000+, while JPII is barely over 700. Just more food for thought.....

As far as the move from AA to AAA goes, for starters, Father Ryan has little if any room to talk on the matter seeing as how they have had very limited success in the past decade in this division they claim to know so well. Secondly, JPII will be one of the smaller schools in the division. While we're on the topic of Father ryan though, they are a school of 1000+, while JPII is barely over 700. Just more food for thought.....

Actually Father Ryan has lost quite a bit of enrollment. There was an article recently in the Tennessean that spoke to Ryan's enrollment falling and how they had to lay off 15 teachers/staff. Still you are right that Ryan's enrollment is larger than ours and, therefore, they have a larger pool of athletes to draw from.

Um in the past decade we won the D2-AAA championship the very first year. 'Nuff said. Get your facts straigth. Also many other championships that rack up every year. Remember: Football is not the only sport played in high school.

Dee-da-dee

Um in the past decade we won the D2-AAA championship the very first year. 'Nuff said. Get your facts straigth. Also many other championships that rack up every year. Remember: Football is not the only sport played in high school.

Dee-da-dee

JP2 can't make up 80+ years of history but in four years of varsity we have done fairly well. We won a state title in girls soccer last year and finished number one in the country and had an all american on the team as well.

FRW you have to expect some comment when you get petty posts like the one Ole

Dad put out earlier. I look forward to the game with Ryan because I know it will be a good battle whoever wins. And by the way I was one of the fans that cheered that '97 team to a championship. Probably most of the JP2 population did. Let's focus on a healthy rivalry and not bash each other (I include myself in that recommendation). :P