Father Ryan vs. JP2

bigbigguy

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its definitely a heated rivalry. But our original rival is MBA. Its not as heated as the one between our 2 schools (2 Catholics schools that hate each other's necks!), but its one we take heart to, and one we cant lose sight of. You guys gotta find yourself another rival (as well as us). I'm thinking Webb, those games between you guys are good ones.

Please FRW quit posting; you really need to show a little humility. You know the people that post here may not be representative of how the team feels about this rivalry. In 2007 maybe the rivalry will mean more since JP2 will be in D2AAA. (See article in Hendersonville Star News http://www.hendersonvillestarnews.com/apps.../307280070/1317 )

If you note in the article Wilson (a quality Offensive and Defensive Lineman for JP2) says the following:

11. Who is your biggest rivalry in your opinion?

Wilson: "Knox Webb."

12. Is your biggest rival not Father Ryan?

Wilson: "Don’t get me wrong, Father Ryan is still a big rivalry, and we want to beat them every time out. But that game is more fun than anything else. Knox Webb is a team we’ve had trouble with, so personally, I want to beat them more than anyone else we have on our schedule now."

A man with conviction, humility and class. Take a lesson FRW.

Please FRW quit posting; you really need to show a little humility. You know the people that post here may not be representative of how the team feels about this rivalry. In 2007 maybe the rivalry will mean more since JP2 will be in D2AAA. (See article in Hendersonville Star News http://www.hendersonvillestarnews.com/apps.../307280070/1317 )

Interesting question from the reporter:

6. A lot of people say that Division II isn’t as tough of a classification as some of the other classes. What would you say to those people?

My response would be, "check Division II records versus DI" (particularly DII-AAA's record versus I-4A and I-5A).

Interesting question from the reporter:

6. A lot of people say that Division II isn’t as tough of a classification as some of the other classes. What would you say to those people?

My response would be, "check Division II records versus DI" (particularly DII-AAA's record versus I-4A and I-5A).

I agree. I think D2 is a more competative division overall; however, I agree with Jay Wilson that as you get to the top of any division you meet the best talent because you have the biggest pool of players to choose from. MBA, MUS, CB are schools that simply have a huge pool to pull from. Number one they are male schools that have about 1000 boys to choose from (except MBA). Number two they have huge traditions in football and sports in general which draws attention from prospective students and parents. These schools naturally get good talent based on tradition.

At JP2 we are trying to build tradition and so far so good; however, it is still a struggle and it will get much harder with our move to AAA next year. I still don't think that we have done the most with the talent that we have. Everyone sees Golden and thinks he is the only talent on the team but there is so much more. Having Golden on our team can almost be a dual edged sword of sorts. He is so talented our quarterbacks of the past have relied on him too heavily even when the coach strategically told them not to. That just shows the immaturity of our program. With this year's senior class I think you will see a little more maturity.

Blackman played JPII tonite and KILLED THEM. So yea...A team that went 0-10 last year killed JPII. Just a lilttle hint on making guessed for this year

There is a reason it is a scrimmage....to fine tune. And "killed" would be an inappropriate word. Yes I think our defense was lacking but the starting positions have not been solidified yet at key defensive spots, thus the reason for 2 a day practices and scrimmages.

:unsure:

There is a reason it is a scrimmage....to fine tune. And "killed" would be an inappropriate word. Yes I think our defense was lacking but the starting positions have not been solidified yet at key defensive spots, thus the reason for 2 a day practices and scrimmages.

:unsure:

Better cash in this year JP II because when you move up to AAA the clock is going to strike 12:00 :)

Ryan will be the least of your troubles ahead :lol:

I believe that we are up to the challenge. We are a young program and moving to D2AAA is the next step in our development. We will be pretty familiar with about half of the D2AAA programs and the rest we will figure out. We look forward to the challenge and expect to be successful at the next level.

;)