Father Ryan vs. JP2

bigbigguy

RyanAlum04...my apologies. I only mention academic inadequacies at Ryan based on experience. I am sure that they provided you with a wonderful highschool experience both academically and athletically. Good luck at MTSU and congrats on the straight A's.

Edited by jp2fan

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen Golden Tate play. I look forward to this game! The main reason I want to see this game though is to see Courtney Coffey. Anybody that is a two-time state wrestling champion at 210lbs must be a beast on a football field as well. Could it be that PJPII hasn't utilized his talents well? Are their other hidden talents at PJPII?

All I know of FRHS is that they came into Howard Gamble Stadium (Franklin) a 14 point dog, and put a first class butt-wipping on the former Class 5A runner-ups!

I have never seen Golden Tate play. I look forward to this game! The main reason I want to see this game though is to see Courtney Coffey. Anybody that is a two-time state wrestling champion at 210lbs must be a beast on a football field as well. Could it be that PJPII hasn't utilized his talents well? Are their other hidden talents at PJPII?

All I know of FRHS is that they came into Howard Gamble Stadium (Franklin) a 14 point dog, and put a first class butt-wipping on the former Class 5A runner-ups!

Courtney is a killer on the field but truly he hasn't cut well on the field in the past. Definately a north and south runner. Courtney has always played well but just doesn't have the big play potential of Golden (or his little brother Wesley). That said, I think this year might be Courtney's year for great things on the field. JP2's class of 2007 is actually pretty loaded from line play to skill positions. We have 4 other seniors getting D1 attention.

Ryan always wins one big game a year. Last year it was Franklin and year before it was Christian Brothers. This year who knows.

Look forward to seeing you at the game BigDog!

jp2fan

Im with JP2Fan lets try to keep this topic a little more on the game and a little less on who is talking more trash :D.

Anyways less than 2 weeks a way from the big game. I know Father Ryan has thier final scrimage against Ravenwood this week. Who is JPII playing in week 0?

Edited by statebound07

Im with JP2Fan lets try to keep this topic a little more on the game and a little less on who is talking more trash :D.

Anyways less than 2 weeks a way from the big game. I know Father Ryan has thier final scrimage against Ravenwood this week. Who is JPII playing in week 0?

Greenbrier....should be a good matchup! I too am looking forward to the official start of football season!

Good Luck all!

Courtney is a killer on the field but truly he hasn't cut well on the field in the past. Definately a north and south runner. Courtney has always played well but just doesn't have the big play potential of Golden (or his little brother Wesley). That said, I think this year might be Courtney's year for great things on the field. JP2's class of 2007 is actually pretty loaded from line play to skill positions. We have 4 other seniors getting D1 attention.

Ryan always wins one big game a year. Last year it was Franklin and year before it was Christian Brothers. This year who knows.

Look forward to seeing you at the game BigDog!

jp2fan

jp2fan,

Who else on jp2's team is getting D1 attention? After last season, Golden was the only D1 prospect on the team. Let me also say that if jp2 had 4 D1 prospects that no one on this site would be even discussing what would happen in the Father Ryan game let alone any other game. Be realistic about your team not just a near sited fan. As far as what FR needs to do in the game, just get a copy of the 2 Knox Webb films from last year. jp2 has no idea how to stop the Wing T Trap or Buck Sweep. As far as how to stop their offense, take Golden out of their offense, like Webb did and they have no other options and Coach Brothers freaks out!! :thumb:

jp2fan,

Who else on jp2's team is getting D1 attention? After last season, Golden was the only D1 prospect on the team. Let me also say that if jp2 had 4 D1 prospects that no one on this site would be even discussing what would happen in the Father Ryan game let alone any other game. Be realistic about your team not just a near sited fan. As far as what FR needs to do in the game, just get a copy of the 2 Knox Webb films from last year. jp2 has no idea how to stop the Wing T Trap or Buck Sweep. As far as how to stop their offense, take Golden out of their offense, like Webb did and they have no other options and Coach Brothers freaks out!! :thumb:

The reality is that there are 4 other D1 prospects on the team. Prospects are not signed; they are prospects Uncle Buck. Everyone focuses on Golden as the only one on the team because of the loads of attention he gets but we have alot of talent.

I will agree that we have unnecessarily lost to less talented Webb teams in the past but our focus this year is to improve. Brothers is still young and learning but we have great faith in him and the players as well. Thanks for your comments and I'll see you in week 2.

PS Did you join Coacht just to reply to MY post? I am honored....really. Another Webb fan on the board. You guys have attitudes alot like Ryan. Do you all belong to the "JP2 Haters Club"? I do request that you show a little more respect to our coach; he is a good man and a good coach.

Edited by jp2fan

You can't call a team subpar unless you have played them and if I am not mistaken MUS has never played JP2. We do not expect to take D2AAA by storm in our 5th year but we do plan to compete at a very high level. There are some very good teams in the midstate or is Memphis the only place that plays quality football in the state of Tennessee. I believe some quality D2AA teams have played you in the past and beaten you....ummm....ECS, Briarcrest (before they moved). Brentwood Academy has 9 titles, MBA has 8 titles, BGA has 6, Ryan has 2; and they are all very proud of those titles. It's great to be proud of your team but please show a little sportsmanship.

Don't count Ryan out in D2AAA because I do think that they will be on the rebound very soon. Don't count out Briarcrest because they have always fielded a quality squad. Schools move to these higher divisions to challenge themselves to be the best. I know MUS wants to play the best and always looks to improve. That is competition at its best. Don't post just to dissed another team. That is not the true spirit of competition.

Live your motto: "Veritas Honorque" ... "Truth and Honor"

You can't call a team subpar unless you have played them and if I am not mistaken MUS has never played JP2. We do not expect to take D2AAA by storm in our 5th year but we do plan to compete at a very high level. There are some very good teams in the midstate or is Memphis the only place that plays quality football in the state of Tennessee. I believe some quality D2AA teams have played you in the past and beaten you....ummm....ECS, Briarcrest (before they moved). Brentwood Academy has 9 titles, MBA has 8 titles, BGA has 6, Ryan has 2; and they are all very proud of those titles. It's great to be proud of your team but please show a little sportsmanship.

Don't count Ryan out in D2AAA because I do think that they will be on the rebound very soon. Don't count out Briarcrest because they have always fielded a quality squad. Schools move to these higher divisions to challenge themselves to be the best. I know MUS wants to play the best and always looks to improve. That is competition at its best. Don't post just to dissed another team. That is not the true spirit of competition.

Live your motto: "Veritas Honorque" ... "Truth and Honor"

It has nothing to do with sportmanship. There is also a saying "The truth hurts". I was not dissing anyone merely stating facts based on the last couple years. Correct me if im wrong there. Thanks for the sermon on Competition. And i was living my motto. Perception is reality and I was merely stating what I percieved through hardcore facts so yes truth and honor. MUS is usually average in AAA whereas by history MBA and BA have been the dominators of the league. But yes I agree any team can turn it around any year but I still dont see JP2 or BCS being competitive in AAA for the next 2-3 years at least.

...Thanks for the sermon on Competition. Perception is reality and I was merely stating what I percieved through hardcore facts so yes truth and honor.... But yes I agree any team can turn it around any year but I still dont see JP2 or BCS being competitive in AAA for the next 2-3 years at least.

I do tend to get on my soap box and I did not intend to preach; however, (yes here we go) this post is much clearer and to the point than your last. Your last was a blanket statement whereas this was much more perceptive. I am not sure that JP2 will be competative the next couple of years in D2AAA but we have alot of talent on the north side of Nashville. There are also factors that make this area ripe for a D2AAA team. We are the only competative(football) private school in Sumner, Robertson or even Wilson(well Friendship Christian...eh) counties and we pull students from all of those areas. Watch out for our current freshman and sophomore classes because they are very loaded with talent.