Bad situation at Powell High School

HTV

All of these allegations are false. Lee Smith is innocent and Mrs. K is innocent. This will all blow over and it will be a mere memory. I know that the boys from Powell aren't bieng distracted by this in any way. As far as the taunting goes for the away game....BRING THEM ON!!! It'll make the victory that much sweeter. Lee is a good person and an excellent football player. This is just some person who started a lie and now it's made it public. GO POWELL HIGH FOOTBALL!!! 2006 STATE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Rest assured there is indeed some meat to these allegations. The school system does their homework in matters such as these. Most likely the allegations are blown out of proportion by the local paper and media outlets. But as I said earlier the administrators will be dealt with for their miss steps. I do agree that more than likely we won't hear much more about this unless it is bigger than I think.

State champions in 2006?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of these allegations are false. Lee Smith is innocent and Mrs. K is innocent. This will all blow over and it will be a mere memory. I know that the boys from Powell aren't bieng distracted by this in any way. As far as the taunting goes for the away game....BRING THEM ON!!! It'll make the victory that much sweeter. Lee is a good person and an excellent football player. This is just some person who started a lie and now it's made it public. GO POWELL HIGH FOOTBALL!!! 2006 STATE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

[/quote]

Doubt you will see much taunting from the majority of schools. Most have a little more class. If so then maybe the Powell players will understand since they were the biggiest on the field taunters "trash talkers" the last couple of years.

Edited by MLREB

Your post is horse hockey. If you have evidence post it or else stop speading rumors. Until evidence is presented these people should be presumed innocent.

Ole Dad

Rest assured there is indeed some meat to these allegations. The school system does their homework in matters such as these. Most likely the allegations are blown out of proportion by the local paper and media outlets. But as I said earlier the administrators will be dealt with for their miss steps. I do agree that more than likely we won't hear much more about this unless it is bigger than I think.

State champions in 2006?

Edited by Ole Dad

Your post is horse hockey. If you have evidence post it or else stop speading rumors. Until evidence is presented these people should be presumed innocent.

Ole Dad

Read carefully ole man. I am not spreading any rumors. The assistant principal was put on leave pending an investigation by the the school system. That indicates something is up. The principal was given an administrative transfer. Further indicating a problem in Panther land. My point is this, the school system from the Superintendent on down have better things to do than chase down rumors that have no substance. They made the moves they made based on something substantial. We can only speculate what that might be.

Everything I stated unless otherwise noted has been based on facts that are public knowledge.. So please don't accuse me of spreading rumors. Yes I have given my opinion based on the previously noted moves by the school system. But by no means have I started any rumors. My opinion is very simple; something is wrong and the school system administration will take care of it. The beginning of their action has already taken place by removing the Principals with the exception of the A.D.from Powell High School.

If there are any rumors in this post please be specific in pointing them out!

As I said that is bull. Even in the FBI if a shooting occurs with an officer involved they are placed on Administrative leave while the case is reviewed. This is standard in many govenment situations and is not any indication of guilt or innocence only a normal procedure...so your assertion that "something is up" is absolutly a rumor and a pre-judgement on your part with no facts. And being a little older makes us mostly a little wiser.

Ole Dad

Read carefully ole man. I am not spreading any rumors. The assistant principal was put on leave pending an investigation by the the school system. That indicates something is up. The principal was given an administrative transfer. Further indicating a problem in Panther land. My point is this, the school system from the Superintendent on down have better things to do than chase down rumors that have no substance. They made the moves they made based on something substantial. We can only speculate what that might be.

Everything I stated unless otherwise noted has been based on facts that are public knowledge.. So please don't accuse me of spreading rumors. Yes I have given my opinion based on the previously noted moves by the school system. But by no means have I started any rumors. My opinion is very simple; something is wrong and the school system administration will take care of it. The beginning of their action has already taken place by removing the Principals with the exception of the A.D.from Powell High School.

If there are any rumors in this post please be specific in pointing them out!

As I said that is bull. Even in the FBI if a shooting occurs with an officer involved they are placed on Administrative leave while the case is reviewed. This is standard in many govenment situations and is not any indication of guilt or innocence only a normal procedure...so your assertion that "something is up" is absolutly a rumor and a pre-judgement on your part with no facts. And being a little older makes us mostly a little wiser.

Ole Dad

I wouldn't compare a shooting with this at all because the way I see it the FBI did "SOMETHING" so he/she would be placed on adminstrative leave. Whether he/she is innocent or guilty comes later. So with that being said, "based on your theory", the Asst. Principle must have done something wrong. Not spreading a rumor just giving my opinion based on your theory.

Noone knows what really happend, except for the students involved, Ms. K, and Lee.

Lets drop the subject until nothing is done about it cause nothing will be done.

IF they had hard proof then it would already be out. Another teacher said something about the sitiuation and thats why its being investigated from what I understand.

IF a teacher says something, yes they are going to place the person On leave.

Ms. K doesnt give the grades to students, its the students teachers, The teacher of the class would be at fault also and they are still in the system.

Nothing is going to happen so move on and find something elese to babble about.

I wouldn't compare a shooting with this at all because the way I see it the FBI did "SOMETHING" so he/she would be placed on adminstrative leave. Whether he/she is innocent or guilty comes later. So with that being said, "based on your theory", the Asst. Principle must have done something wrong. Not spreading a rumor just giving my opinion based on your theory.

Thank you reddevil. The fact is something has happened and thats why the school system has taken action. Not bull, not rumor, a plain and simple fact.

According to this weeks Shopper: Diane Psihogios hasn't been charged with anything. After evaluating the effectiveness of the school leadership the superintendent believes it is necessary to reassign the principal.

As for Kallenberg the superintendent said under no circumstances would she return to Powell High School. This is a result of allegations of an inappropriate relation with a student and grade changing. Specifically substituting credit in one class for another and forgiveness of time for time a make up program for missed classes. Powell Fan the administration has acess and the ability to change any students grade without the knowledge of the teacher. Also Mrs. Kallenburg made an appearence in the Students bedroom for a wake up call. I wouldn't think that would be considered normal relationship between a school professional and a student.

The school system wants Kallenbergs computer and they have no timeline to completeing their investigation But they want to "dot the i's and cross the t's.

I agree this will go away quitely. I don't agree nothing will happen. Something already has. Psihogiois has been moved. Most likely only guilty of not being aware of whats going on or ignoring it. Kalenberg will be moved as well, possibly dismissed if allegations prove to be true. The student athletes will most likely get out with only damage to their reputations. But if the grade fixing is true I would venture to guess the NCAA might get involved.

That is correct, redandblack63. The administrators can access and change any students grades. The report cards are mailed home and the teacher would never know unless it was brought to their attention.

If this was done it will be documented on the computer. This grade program documents who was logged on and what was done and when. So there will be clear evidence if a grade was changed.

Edited by BgBoy56

Well I was wrong. This isn't going away quitely. The assistnat principal has filed a law suit. Based on the Sentinel she feels she has been discriminated agsainst because of her gender. Evidently a school supervisor made a comment about her appearence and dress could cause her problems. Also she states that a similar situation with a male employee was handled differently. It was further noted in the article that the school system has confiscated two of her computers.

The article also stated that the school systems human resource department received tips from two or three different sources prior to launching their probe. The superintendent has also moved the administratve secretary to another school.

Well as I stated earlier I was wrong. This entire situation is getting out of control. I will agree that in matters such as these the school system likes to keep a low profile and the public seldom hears about situations similar to this. I am of the opinion that the problem is with the sentinel not the school system. They have sensatioalized this story because a high profile atheletes name has been mentioned. I look for a resolution and because of the lawsuit a public annoucement about the findings in the investigation within the week. The school system better be right or they may have to go out of business.

Although in some cases I have stated my opinion based on the information in the Knoxville News Sentinel I am in no way accusing or placeing judgement on any of the parties concerned.