Bad situation at Powell High School

HTV

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dare_2_dream

So you and D2D have tried and convicted this kid? I thought you were innocent until PROVEN guilty!

Guilty until proven innocent is how i thought the old saying went :lol: .. especially when it comes to those Volunteer boys

One thing I've learned in the past few weeks that sometimes even the people that you would never think could do something wrong do. I really hope that doesn't apply in this situation.

I do have a problem with Knox Co. schools right now. I find it quite humorous that the principal was reassigned becuase "it was in the best interest of the children." Knox Co. schools seems to have made a policy since I have moved back here that they will take actions now (commonly called the CYOA principle), and then ask questions later. Of course, it's always masked with being good for the children. This is the second occurence involving a football player or coach. They don't care that his career could be ruined for pure speculation, as long as they can make themselves look good.

A couple of points to consider.

1. The fact that this has been going on for a couple of weeks indicates the school system has been investigateing this situation for some time.

2. I wouldn't think the school system would make such a drastic move unless there was a problem of some kind with the administrators that will be moved from the school. I just don't think the school system would risk the possible law suite that may follow.

3. Everything that the school system does is public record. Don't be so quick to be critical of the administration on the system level just because they are making an effort to manage the schools. The News Paper is making a big deal out of this story to sell papers.

4. What has been alledged goes on more than we would like to believe. Adults in an over zealous effort to win will do anything. Recruit, change grades, sex, money etc... Its ashame that young people have such poor role models in positions of authority.

IF this is true all parties involved should be held accountable. School administrators should be fired and any athlete/student should have all acadmic records reviewd.

IF not true the Sentinel should be sued into bankrupcy for damageing these individuals reputations beyond repair.

A couple of points to consider.

1. The fact that this has been going on for a couple of weeks indicates the school system has been investigateing this situation for some time.

2. I wouldn't think the school system would make such a drastic move unless there was a problem of some kind with the administrators that will be moved from the school. I just don't think the school system would risk the possible law suite that may follow.

3. Everything that the school system does is public record. Don't be so quick to be critical of the administration on the system level just because they are making an effort to manage the schools. The News Paper is making a big deal out of this story to sell papers.

4. What has been alledged goes on more than we would like to believe. Adults in an over zealous effort to win will do anything. Recruit, change grades, sex, money etc... Its ashame that young people have such poor role models in positions of authority.

IF this is true all parties involved should be held accountable. School administrators should be fired and any athlete/student should have all acadmic records reviewd.

IF not true the Sentinel should be sued into bankrupcy for damageing these individuals reputations beyond repair.

The only thing I dissagree with you on is number 3. Certain items in personnel files and a students entire file are protected under federal privacy acts. Most, if not all, of this investigation will likely remain sealed unless criminal charges are filed, and then they will likely only be made public if somebody is convicted of a crime.

I certainly don't speak for everybody in Powell, but in talking with folks about this, and you know that it is the talk of the community, people just want the truth to be told. 99.999999999% of the faculty and administration at PHS, just as they are at the other area schools, are good people and are there for the right reasons. Neither they, nor the students and community deserve to be lumped into a category of wrongdoing.

According to 10 news the investigation began in June. The superintendent felt he had enough information to take action which apparently took place on or around July 12. It was also stated that the investigation will take more than a few days. Coach Fulmer met with the player this afternoon and is expected to make a statement on Thursday.

As far as the so called master educator. She may have been collateral damge because she was Captain of the ship.

As far as the students being victims I disagree. Young people 16-19 years of age know right from wrong. IF the students were involved they knew their actions were wrong and shouldn't be given a free pass.

Question: Is it possible that the NCAA will get involved? If so at what point?

Any idea where these allegations came from? Was it from the inside?

High school kids spread rumors or other stuff about people pretty quickly. If he needed grades to be changed then how did he pass his ACT, Ms. K has nothing to do with the ACT, and he passed it or he wouldnt be going to UT. Hes a smart kid, maybe has a big mouth sometimes, but look what he did to earn his scholorship.

Also, how could the ASSISSTANT princapal change grades for a student without another teacher noticing it when the kid is in there class. The teacher would know what happend and would report it, lets face it lee wasnt the most popular kid with other school and with some people at the school, He just got his name thrown into something that he didnt do.

I hope the Smith's and Ms. K file a lawsuit against the person that brought this up and agaisnt knox county schools for realising the information before there investigation was complete. Lee would have been under 18 when this supposedly happend so they shouldnt have realsed his name.

Lets see what fulmer says tommorrow, im sure it will all work out, I hope

According to 10 news the investigation began in June. The superintendent felt he had enough information to take action which apparently took place on or around July 12. It was also stated that the investigation will take more than a few days. Coach Fulmer met with the player this afternoon and is expected to make a statement on Thursday.

As far as the so called master educator. She may have been collateral damge because she was Captain of the ship.

As far as the students being victims I disagree. Young people 16-19 years of age know right from wrong. IF the students were involved they knew their actions were wrong and shouldn't be given a free pass.

Question: Is it possible that the NCAA will get involved? If so at what point?

Any idea where these allegations came from? Was it from the inside?

The only way the NCAA gets involved is if grade tampering is proved and it is proved that UT knew about it and did nothing. UT has to make the choice whether to temporarily rule him ineligible pending the outcome of the investigation, or just let it play itself out and hope nothing comes of the grade fixing allegations.

I've heard a lot of rumor about where this originated, but nothing concrete enough to mention here.

Edited by HTV