Alcoa Football

rigger101

Just wondering why Alcoa's fine football proram is attacked on other sites of larger schools like Maryville, Farragut etc? I've enjoyed watching the Tornado's win against larger programs and the war the have with Maryville every year.

Just wondering why some teams don't think you can beat good 5A programs?

Example:

Alcoa only gets ranked high in state becasue they win. not because they could be the best. im sure Alcoa could beat Farragut 1 out of every 30 games. but there is no reason Alcoa should be ranked as high as they are. its just because they win. too bad those polls arent like college football.. usually in college football you have to be good to be ranked. not just win. Alcoa shouldnt be ranked higher than the 15th best 5A team. but whatever. they are just polls. i do agree with rigger though about all oak ridge really has to cheer about is football.

if your gonna use the logic of they beat a team that beat a team.. Farragut beat Powell who won @McCallie who beat Brentwood Academy who beat Ravenwood... so i guess Farragut is just as good as or better than Alcoa.

theres no need to assume everyone that goes to farragut is rich. learn what your talking about before you speak. and a D-1 prospect means nothing unless they actually go D-1.. but how many other "D-1" prospects has Alcoa had in other sports? and just because the parents of a kid in Alcoa are "blue collar" doesnt maek the kid a blue collar worker.. now does it. just like if a Farragut kids paretns are rich doesnt mean the kid himself is rich.

some of your logic is just whack.

I've made this point before about Alcoa, and I will make it again. They cannot compete in 4A, much less 5A. How far do you wanna extend that stretched chain of yours there? How about this, they beat McCallie, who also lost to POWELL! Powell lost to five teams, including to Webb, who lost to Catholic, who was destroyed by FULTON!!! So, using this, they can't compete with a 3A school who can't make it out of the second round, much less ANYONE in 4A or 5A.

Edited by rigger101

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched all 5 championship games in murfreesboro last year and Alcoa would have wiped the field with everyone there except maryville , and that would have been a good game. Normally the #15 5A team should be better than any 2A team but alcoa was not your ordinary 2a sqaud.

They should have anyones respect who loves HS Football. Seams to me with their wins against the 3A final 4 team from KY 2004 and the win against McCallie and Fulton 3A 2004 State Champs, Tyner and Goodpasture would open folks eye's.

Some folks are blind with...............................

Edited by rigger101

Part of it is threads like this.

Indian, My kid goes to a 5A school. I just feel that Alcoa's program get's bashed on different threads. I don't have a dog in the hunt. Just a football fan with a question.

I thought this is what this site was for. Not just to scream "My school is the best"

Indian, My kid goes to a 5A school. I just feel that Alcoa's program get's bashed on different threads. I don't have a dog in the hunt. Just a football fan with a question.

I thought this is what this site was for. Not just to scream "My school is the best"

:thumb: ENVY! Rigger, a lot of it goes back to 1959 and 1967 when Alcoa won State Championships in Basketball, before classifications!

The thread you posted above saying Alcoa would beat Farragut once every 30 years is a joke. I watch Farragut every year. They take it on the chin to Heritage and William Blount. Heck those schools will not play the Torandoes anymore!

One more thing, tell me how many 5a and 4a schools have 95 players out for football! Coach Rankin told my Dad last week that he has NEVER seen anything like the numbers for the size of the school. My Dad said he just shook his head. Anyway, Alcoa beat McCallie on the road last year. They beat Fulton to death....38-6 or whatever the score was. They also beat Hopkinsville, KY easily and that team only lost to Louisville Male by 4 points later in the season. I wish Farragut would schedule Alcoa. Heck some of Knoxville's best young players are looking to transfer now that Coach Rankin is there. I'm done.....

I think what everyone ignores here is the actual strength of 2A football at the top. Milan won 2A state in 1998, then won it again the next year in 3A. Folks, 2A football is very strong in the state of Tennessee. Alcoa just shows how strong they ARE by winning back to back, and annihilating ALL the competition last year.

Congratulations Alcoa, from West TN, it takes hard work to do what you did.

And remember-Success breeds contempt.

Just wondering why Alcoa's fine football proram is attacked on other sites of larger schools like Maryville, Farragut etc? I've enjoyed watching the Tornado's win against larger programs and the war the have with Maryville every year.

Just wondering why some teams don't think you can beat good 5A programs?

Example:

pretty sure that alcoa scrimmaged oak ridge last year and pretty much beat them and i know the creamed central in a scrimmage and im just wondering what was the score when farragut played those teams. playing against william blount and heritage doesnt exactly qualify you as a good 5-A team. those teams have two playoff wins combined in their schools history. so i guess alcoa, maryville and teams like that who win ball games should say they are sorry for winning. also how many students does farragut have to chose from. try competing with 500 students in your entire school. i think they have done a great job and should be comended on having a program that kids want to play in