Ravenwood rumor of early in pads?

Ignorant? No way. Stupid? No. Confused? Doubtful.

Arrogant? Closer to the truth

The rules are simple, his coaching bretheren in 6-5A don't have a problem with its interpretation, he could call the TSSAA or any other coach in the area for a clarification if there was any doubt, the AD or principal could have directed an answer, they've evidently done it the way the rule has been interpreted in years past, and unless you live over by Wilson Pike there is no real reason to drive that road (it wouldn't be like Centennial which sits right next to the interstate or Franklin that sits on a main drag to Nashville) so why NOT do it right out in the open and see if you can get by with it?

Every coach looks for an edge-Rector found his had a sharp finish to it.

Ouch!! But so true.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignorant? No way. Stupid? No. Confused? Doubtful.

Arrogant? Closer to the truth

The rules are simple, his coaching bretheren in 6-5A don't have a problem with its interpretation, he could call the TSSAA or any other coach in the area for a clarification if there was any doubt, the AD or principal could have directed an answer, they've evidently done it the way the rule has been interpreted in years past, and unless you live over by Wilson Pike there is no real reason to drive that road (it wouldn't be like Centennial which sits right next to the interstate or Franklin that sits on a main drag to Nashville) so why NOT do it right out in the open and see if you can get by with it?

Every coach looks for an edge-Rector found his had a sharp finish to it.

All of those things would work great if he had ever doubted the date to start in pads. He apparently read it wrong, thought they could start on a certain date, and never had a reason to doubt it. If he had he would had checked, found his error, and it wouldn't have happened. I have made mistakes before and kicked myself for not checking with someone. Why hadn't I? Because I had no reason to think I was wrong until it was too late to correct it.

All of those things would work great if he had ever doubted the date to start in pads. He apparently read it wrong, thought they could start on a certain date, and never had a reason to doubt it. If he had he would had checked, found his error, and it wouldn't have happened. I have made mistakes before and kicked myself for not checking with someone. Why hadn't I? Because I had no reason to think I was wrong until it was too late to correct it.

T, isn't his staff mostly from TN? I just don't see why none of them corrected the HC. They had to have known better.

I agree. It was a mistake, for which he regrets not checking with someone. They made a mistake and have to suffer the consequences.

This is such a common rule that every coach and player knows it. I find it that hard to believe that the coach has no bearing of the rules. All you have to do is read the newspaper, as dubm as alot of them are, they know the rules. Heck I haven't played High school football in 7 years and still know the rule.