Ryan:Hunter's Lane Scrimmage

jp2fan

We do need a playmaker. HL was able to make a lot of big plays on us, and thats what we needed. The previous rain made us fumble and drop passes. HL was fluent and perfect. Once the scrimmage reached its mid-way point FR got into a groove. We do need a playmaker, someone to step up. Give us some time to make some twinks and we will should look fluent. Our JV did awesome, scoring 3 td's and allowing none. So its all a waiting game now.

Your freshman and JV team has been or done awesome for about 5-6 years now. Ryan has needed a playmaker for about 9 years, and more than one I might add. Ya'll are so far behind, I am not sure you will ever catch up. I never thought I would say this but Ryan is the Vanderbilt of Div II. And that is probably an academic stretch saying that. Home games being played at Hillwood, Hillsboro, Greer Stadium, and Vandy. Should change your name to the fighting nomads.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your freshman and JV team has been or done awesome for about 5-6 years now. Ryan has needed a playmaker for about 9 years, and more than one I might add. Ya'll are so far behind, I am not sure you will ever catch up. I never thought I would say this but Ryan is the Vanderbilt of Div II. And that is probably an academic stretch saying that. Home games being played at Hillwood, Hillsboro, Greer Stadium, and Vandy. Should change your name to the fighting nomads.

Some situations are simply out of the players hands to control, like a stadium. Also realize football is not the only sport played in D2. Stadium situation is young, as FR was able to get the rights to build on its campus a couple months ago.

I agree with my2cents Father Ryan every years says how good their JV and freshmen are and everyone should wait but this has been going on for a couple of years. Those previous JV and freshmen should be playing varsity now.

While I agree that not having a stadium does hurt somewhat the "home field" advantage, that excuse is wearing thin. The 1997 State Championship team did not have a "home field" and while they played consistently at Vanderbilt during the season the playoffs they had to play at other fields and still managed to win.

When Coach Lussier gets a staff make up of football coaches things should get better. It's hard to coach with coaches from other sports on your staff. Nothing against them they just don't know football as well as their own sports. Also not an excuse, either.

Edited by bounder