Oak Ridge vs. Clinton

NickOrlando

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton has some gurus running their Offense and Defense so says the Coonhunter. From what I saw this game could end up in a 3-2 final in extra innings. Neither team seemed great on offense and I think the Gulmire kid maybe exposed a little more without big bro to help shield him. I think Oak Ridge wins, but the Clintonians are right the year of the Dragon is soon. Just not this year.

Oak Ridge 28

Clinton 17

Big disappointment to the Ridgers and sends their season to a 8-2 or 7-3 second round exit.

Now that is my glum prediction. If the coaches get things going this week and the players are able to see Clinton never was and will not be a 74 pt. dog this year than I think we should have a better outcome. Its tough to get ready for a team like Clinton and for the boys at OR not think walk in the park, but they better not because the boys from Clinton may hold onto the ball long enough to keep OR off the field and if thats the case it could go either way. Look for Stevens to go deep down the field all night long, its his M.O. and look for Maryville High School Jr. (aka Clinton's offense) to mix it up. The real match will be the two young guys from Clinton vs. the two young coordinators from Oak Ridge.

Talent = Oak Ridge

Coaching in the Past = Oak Ridge

Coaching right now = slight advantage Oak Ridge, but if these young guns are that is advertised, who knows?

Outcome of the game = Oak Ridge by 28

77 Cat, not bashing you, just talking football:

I think you're all over it as far as the Clinton game. Not sure about your 8-2, 7-3, early exit prediction though. I don't believe we have a state championship calibre team at this point, but you never know. I assume you played for Emory. Didn't you boys take it one game at a time? I realize we are just fans, so we can talk like that.

I take that you don't care much for the O-scheme, and you think our D stinks. I'm not sure about the O-scheme either. I do think it will be much better when we get our timing and spacing ironed out, as Conner is deadly in the open field when he decides to pull it down and run with it. This gives the D a whole other dimension to prepare for. I think conner will rush for 1,000 and throw for 1,000 this year. Paul Bingham will also get his chances. He's a legit 4.5 and the strongest man on the team. I'm just saying we haven't seen him do his thing yet and he will.

All I will say about the D right now is that we seem to be soft in the middle and a little light in the pants over all. However, having been to all the scrimmages and several practices, as have you, I assure you that we have not seen the first 11 defensive starters on the field at the same time yet. We will be better when the score board is on and we are playing for keeps.

1977, wasn't that Dean Nichols, Dwayne Horton, Roger Wade, the Freeman boys, etc.?

Edited by ORidgeKat

Coon, this isn't college football, you don't see those kinds of upsets every week, let alone every year in high school football. I'm not saying that OR is going to have their best year ever this year, but saying that Clinton is going to beat OR is like saying that Navy has a chance to beat Notre Dame this year. Yes, Clinton, like the Midshipmen, have improved, but they still aren't ready to beat the Wildcats. This is a great Tennessee HS rivalry, but it's not like Ohio State-Michigan or Auburn-Alabama where you can just throw out both team records and everything else. Talent plays a big role in hs football, and Clinton isn't deep enough to beat OR. Look at Powell last year. The Panthers had 5 D-I prospects last year (each played offense and defense), and everyone thought it was their year to beat a 'down' Maryville team. Even I thought they would beat Maryville, either during the regular season or in the playoffs, but it didn't happen. Maryville stepped up and beat them soundly, just like Oak Ridge is going to beat down the Dragons. Oak Ridge knows they aren't getting the respect they got last year, and we all know neither team is going to underestimate the other. I just can't honestly think that Clinton has the guns to win this game.

Edited by osunut2

Yes, I am a Clinton fan and maybe I can't see things for real because of it. Anyways, what I saw Friday night at the Jamb. was this. Clinton is a lot better than last year. Oak Ridge isn't as good as last year. With that, Clinton will be extremely motivated to improve from last years butt whipping. Oak Ridge must not be too comfortable going into this one or Clinton may sneak one out. What probably will happen is this.

Oak Ridge wins because of its athletes, all be it closer than the average person might think.

Clinton is still missing the one or two athletes to put them over the top. Its could be a close one going into the final quarter and I hope like Heck that Oak Ridge panics.

GO DRAGOONS.

Why do these teams still play anymore? All the talk in the world from the Clinton side will be just that. Just talk. Why do they trash talk every year and then get stomped? Clinton should play OS it's more their speed. Shattuck isn't getting it done don't kid yourself. 2-18. That's a joke!! He should coach the Hawks instead and Oak Ridge should play a real 5A school or Maryville. Clinton isn't even a good 4A program right now. Mavs will roll them too. Goo

ORidgeCat,

I agree with some of your ideas, but I am darn tired of hearing we do not have all of our players on the field at the same time as an excuse. My oldest son went through this his junior and senior year at OR. His last two years we did not have the starting five on the floor for one game due to problem student?/athletes!!!! This years Wildcats will come down to a couple of simple things. First being CHEMISTRY or lack there of! Second being COACHING EXPERIENCE without the benefit of having great talent. I hope for the best but I do not look at this season the same way as last season. No speed to stretch the field, soft up front and short on heart. I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it. Some of these guys need to take a good long look in the mirror and figure out if they want to pay the price or not to carry on the Wildcat tradition. I hope they take the challenge to be the best they can be!! :lol:

Edited by Tnbreakers

ORidgeCat,

I agree with some of your ideas, but I am darn tired of hearing we do not have all of our players on the field at the same time as an excuse. My oldest son went through this his junior and senior year at OR. His last two years we did not have the starting five on the floor for one game due to problem student?/athletes!!!! This years Wildcats will come down to a couple of simple things. First being CHEMISTRY or lack there of! Second being COACHING EXPERIENCE without the benefit of having great talent. I hope for the best but I do not look at this season the same way as last season. No speed to stretch the field, soft up front and short on heart. I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it. Some of these guys need to take a good long look in the mirror and figure out if they want to pay the price or not to carry on the Wildcat tradition. I hope they take the challenge to be the best they can be!! :thumb:

Don't sell Stanton Stevens short. From what I saw at the jamboree he has enough talent and I know he has enough smarts to get things done. As far as the Clinton game, OR simply has too much talent for Clinton to defend. I think that Shattuck and his new coaches have made some progress, but I don't think they have made enough to change Friday night's outcome. OR will win big. As far as how OR will do in their region, they have some tough teams to play and I think they need to get better or they will take a few on the chin.

ORidgeCat,

I agree with some of your ideas, but I am darn tired of hearing we do not have all of our players on the field at the same time as an excuse. My oldest son went through this his junior and senior year at OR. His last two years we did not have the starting five on the floor for one game due to problem student?/athletes!!!! This years Wildcats will come down to a couple of simple things. First being CHEMISTRY or lack there of! Second being COACHING EXPERIENCE without the benefit of having great talent. I hope for the best but I do not look at this season the same way as last season. No speed to stretch the field, soft up front and short on heart. I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it. Some of these guys need to take a good long look in the mirror and figure out if they want to pay the price or not to carry on the Wildcat tradition. I hope they take the challenge to be the best they can be!! :thumb:

Tnbreakers, you have a very good grasp of what is needed. Your comment about looking in the mirror says it all.

My humble advice to the team would simply be: Pull it together Wildcats and ROLL WILDCATS ROLL. ;)

Work ethic is something that is normally mirrored. If the players see it in the coaches then they normally get it. If the coaches are disinterested and uncommitted then it gets passed on to the players. You can't just show up at fall practice after taking 8 months off and decide it's important now. Either coach football or track or baseball or whatever, but give your all to one of them. Roll Wildcats.

Ole Dad

Cats by 28 on Friday Night.

Tnbreakers, you have a very good grasp of what is needed. Your comment about looking in the mirror says it all.

My humble advice to the team would simply be: Pull it together Wildcats and ROLL WILDCATS ROLL. :angry:

Hey Dad... Mrs. Becky has mailed you the important papers. If you need an address get the filming coach to look it up in the phone book. Can't put it in here, notelling what would get mailed to the house. We are leaving for Bristol this morning(takes a while and a few adult beverages to get me in the mood to race at that place). But I love it!!!!

I think everybody is right about the cats, they better get their heads out of their bu...s and play some ball. Just need to get motovated. Where's CATUS JACK when we need him?

Listen up Wildcats, you don't need to worry about the lowly Dragons. They have stunk for many years and we are always awesome. Our coach is wonderful (when he has great talent). He won a state championship and a runner up finish. Heck, I saw him walk on water once, really, down at Solway, right after the Monday night "Wildcat". Don't even worry about them, concentrate on the following weeks game. Sure there was a little rust shown from time to time during our scrimmage games but that shouldn't discourage us. We haven't fielded a whole team of starters yet. "GO WILDCATS".

Final Score: Wildcats 762 - Dragons 0

:angry: