Oak Ridge vs. Clinton

NickOrlando

Dragoonz,

You are correct, both Clinton fans are excited, You and Coonhunter! No seriously, I think your expectations are too high for this very young Clinton team, and we really don't know how good your new young coaches are yet. I think realistically you guys should try to improve in the win column. Let's try to win 2 this season or maybe 3, hopefully 4, but come on dude. Let's don't get carried away. You can't turn around a team that's as down as Clinton in one year. It's going to take some loyalty and some consistency from the coaching staff. You guys must have had about 30 different assistants over the last 4-5 years.

My last year in Clinton was '88. Most of the coaches, other than Andy, had been there since then. This is Andy's first shot with Coaches he chose. I think he chose wisely.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Festus,

Maybe you and sheriff Hagard could hook up!!! :thumb:

Ole Dave Haggard shore blue his campane, didden't he...Yep, I'm a goin to miss a seein Roane Cownty's 10 most wanted list on Comcassed Cable 12. Butt if'n I lived in Roane Cownty I'd a voted for Mr. Stockaton also. We ain't suposed to diskcuss polliticks on here, butt I cudn't resist. :lol:

Dude, I think your wrong. We do expect to be a good football team this year. Scramble for coaches??? He has some outstanding young coaches. Just the fact that this message board is going and Clinton fans are excited should speak for itself. Andy released the entire coaching staff that ran this program in the ground. Clinton Football is not only going to be on the map again, its going to be very competetive.

Seems to me, and trust me I am a Dragon fan through and through, that there have been only a few Dragon fans keeping this thread going. I am as excited as anyone I just don't think the coaches will be here long term. Look at how many schools they have been at in the past few years. I also just want you to be realistic. Clinton doesn't have alot of depth, an injury, especially at QB could do them in. Let us Clinton fans be happy with improvement and don't make the Oak Ridge game a "must win". That's all I am saying.

I watched the Ridgers a couple of days ago and they looked to be a little unpolished. From what I have heard and seen of Clinton they are ready for the 4A state championship. The truth is people expect more in a scrimmage from Oak Ridge than Clinton so when Oak Ridge gets thumped by Alcoa and ties AC folks hit the panic button. On the otherside of that coin when Clinton plays tough against Union County look out world, the Dragons are back. We'll see this Friday night. I don't think Oak Ridge is as good as they were last year, but.... they have the potential to be good. Oak Ridge has some experienced players and I think they will get it done. One thing is for sure, that dump of a stadium Clinton has will not intimidate the Cats. Hopefully Clinton will put up a fight and those games will be worth watching again or else OR should drop the Dragons and find somebody more competitive.

Oak Ridge 42

Clinton 14

Seems to me, and trust me I am a Dragon fan through and through, that there have been only a few Dragon fans keeping this thread going. I am as excited as anyone I just don't think the coaches will be here long term. Look at how many schools they have been at in the past few years. I also just want you to be realistic. Clinton doesn't have alot of depth, an injury, especially at QB could do them in. Let us Clinton fans be happy with improvement and don't make the Oak Ridge game a "must win". That's all I am saying.

I'm not sure many Clinton fans know about CoachT. Not a lot to discuss in past years, if you know what I mean. This isn't a must win at all but its a bump along the way on the road to respectability.

As for the QB, they do have a viable back up in Ben Ollis and from what I hear, a decent one in Little. Hood does have a strong arm and seem to have pretty good control of things out there.

we r talkin about football on here not basketball. plus nine time out of ten times clinton would beat oak ridge in basketball anyways, clinton is on the rise, oak ridge is going down. it will show tomorrow to when they both hit the field. and from what i have been reading there are double the amount of oak ridge fans on this coachT. obviously u guys dont have a life and just like to talk. why dont we just end this whole posting about oak ridge and clinton tonight and find out ourselves how things will play out tomorrow night.

GO DRAGONS

p.s. hi mcgaha see u later!

Edited by borum

Coon, let me get this straight, an AC student touting Clinton's offense, bizarre! Now, Oak Ridge would have trouble stopping AC's offense this year, but not Clinton's. I thought AC was the best looking team at the jamboree, at this point in time.

I would probably agree with this one-it seemed as if AC was playing a week 4 or 5 ball game and OR was well,..playing in a jamboree! You could sense the intensity when the offense went on to the field. I was impressed! Clinton's offense seemed very desperate! Reverse pass on the first play? Maybe looking for an early moral victory? I don't think it will be enough to carry them these next two games... ....OR- 49 Clinton 8

Kyle was on the sidelines for the Jamboree and everybody was showing him the attention that he enjoys so much. Even one of the refs threw a flag on him (it was a playful thing) nd everyone enjoyed it. An old saying goes you should never look down on someone, unless you are there to lift them up! :blink:

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

someone should tell (Jim Davis- Clinton's AD)about that...I think he was the one who originally started that situation...??? Have a great year Mr. Kile!