Oak Ridge vs. Clinton

NickOrlando

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I know what youre gonna do! If we win tonite, you are gonna say we got lucky, but I'm here to tell you, IF we win tonight, it is gonna be PURE skill!!!!

Nah Coony, you underestimate Oak Ridge fans, if Clinton wins, I'll be the first one to congratulate you and the team on a big win! And, I don't think I'll be the only Oak Ridge fan to do so!!

Roll Wildcats Roll!!!!

It wasn't pretty :huh: but it was a win. Great game to tune up with, I know all the players learned something and also learned never say die. Clinton is playing some hard ball, they are heading in the right direction :lol:

Bradley Central is up next, another road game before we have our first home game against that tribe in upper East Tennesee. Always a good game :lol:

I guess I missed the score by a couple of points. Sorry. Cats continue dominance of lowly Dragoons. Congratulations to Cats on a Big Win.

Ole Dad

I think the reason Clinton fans are not on here is because most don't have electricity yet and never heard of PUTERS. They get their fill of Oak Ridge once a year and as the history goes, have only won 5 games against The Cats in 56 years. This won't be #6. Oak Ridge starts slow and wins by 28 points and Clinton actually paints their own stadium for a change.

Ole Dad

If I was from Anderson County (yes I live here now, but I mean REALLY from Anderson County), now that Oak Ridge has won the game, I would look around in the closet for something called class.

When a county is strong in football, all of their teams, it just makes the entire presentation better. Coach Shattuck, his staff and the players fought hard tonight. They deserve a pat on the back -- wait, what they deserve is even you diehard Oak Ridge fans to support them in turning the program around.

It's easy to kick something when it's laying there in front of you, injured and bleeding. How much easier would it be to pick it up, wish it well and hope that it can find a little success down the road?

Edited by TankTalk

Good post Tank Talk

My nephew coaches at Clinton. I hope they do well because of my nephew. My nephew knows the game of football. He had a great teacher in George Quarles. He also learned from Scott Meadows and Larry Kerr. My nephew and Ritchie Marsh wil do a good job at Clinton if they are given a chance.

Next week it will be hard to pull against my nephew. But! Clinton is playing Maryville.

You guys hit the nail on the head. Clinton did play a heck of a game. They could have and maybe should have been leading at the half. The biggest improvement at Clinton that I saw tonight was the players realizing that they could be competitive and the way that effected the physical aspect of the game.

I think another reason for their upswing is the fact they are fixing their feeder program. You know the thing about reaping what you sow.

Oak Ridge has benefited for years and years from a strong boys club program, the quality coaching in middle school and motivation to continue playing at the High School level.

When Clinton gets all of their ducks in a row, winners will breed winners. As far as I am concerned that is basic football 101.

Maybe the story should be how well Clinton played and not how bad Oak Ridge played. Personally I think it was a mixture.

I didnt mean to throw Oak Ridge under the bus in my last post. But there was a lot of shoulder shrugging and deer in the headlight looks. That maybe the in-experience. However what worries me is that it might not.