Riverdale @ McCallie

im already tired of talking about this game, losses hurt period...

but this comment, mccallie controlling the game? are you serious? riverdale was running at will, straight killing yall with the rush all night long. of course yall did the same with yalls passing for 3 minutes in the 4th, but riverdale controlled the tempo of the game. i know fans on mccallies side had already hung their heads late in the 4th and more than a few started filing out, you KNOW riverdale controlled that game, but yall did get the win so thats all that matters.

If McCallie would not have had so many dropped passes this game reads totally different. Because it was McCallie's first game of the season and game jitters werer evident read the stats. The game was not dominated by Riverdale nor by McCallie!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb: :

T89-Enrollment: 411 is a small school!

Alcoa has always had a strong football program gooing back to the 70's. If Maryville wasn't next door it truely would have a small town feeling. Driving around Alcoa you see that it is a blue collar community who takes pride in their small teams ability to step up and play anyone. There's no other word for it except small comparing it to other great programs and areas in the State.

I think their program is one of the best stories in the state.

Yes, they are a anamoly :o

When they play teams like McCallie and Goodpasture, I'm sure there is a major differance in family incomes among these teams members yet the team excel.

I think the are a true David against a few Giants.

My replies on this board started after a poster said that McCallie in DII was going to show who is the best in Football. Just wanted to remind them that they can't claim to be the Big Dog when the still have to face an small Junk Yard Dog in Alcoa.

Yes I agree with you. I guess what I mean is that Alcoa maybe small in enrollment, but they play much "bigger." Your point is taken......thanks

Here are the stats. Except for possession time (This isn't wrestling! R'dale wasn't awarded riding points) it was a very evenly matched game.

Team Statistics (Final)

Riverdale McCallie

FIRST DOWNS................... 21 21

Rushing..................... 21 9

Passing..................... 0 12

Penalty..................... 0 0

Rushing Attempts.............. 55 21

Yards Gained Rushing..... 452 160

Yards Lost Rushing.......... 3 0

NET YARDS RUSHING.... 449 160

NET YARDS PASSING.... 0 273

Passes Attempted............ 3 39

Passes Completed............ 0 20

Had Intercepted............. 1 1

TOTAL OFFENSIVE PLAYS......... 58 60

TOTAL NET YARDS............. 449 433

Average Gain Per Play....... 7.7 7.2

Penalties: Number-Yards....... 5-36 4-56

Number of Punts-Yards......... 2-47 2-96

Average Per Punt............ 23.5 48.0

Punt Returns: Number-Yards.... 0-0 0-0

Kickoff Returns: Number-Yards. 3-13 5-109

Interceptions: Number-Yards... 1-22 1-0

Fumble Returns: Number-Yards.. 0-0 0-0

Miscellaneous Yards........... 0 0

Possession Time............... 28:57 19:03

Third-Down Conversions........ 5 of 9 6 of 11

Fourth-Down Conversions....... 1 of 1 0 of 0

Red-Zone Scores-Chances....... 4-5 4-4

Sacks By: Number-Yards........ 0-0 0-0

Here are the stats. Except for possession time (This isn't wrestling! R'dale wasn't awarded riding points) it was a very evenly matched game.

But McCallie got about 160 or so of those yards with 3 possessions in the last 2:40 or so, after several folks had left the stadium....

Team Statistics (Final)

Riverdale McCallie

FIRST DOWNS................... 21 21

Rushing..................... 21 9

Passing..................... 0 12

Penalty..................... 0 0

Rushing Attempts.............. 55 21

Yards Gained Rushing..... 452 160

Yards Lost Rushing.......... 3 0

Passes Attempted............ 3 39

Passes Completed............ 0 20

You mean that Riverdale had zero yards passing! You talk about old school.

red56 - if it was the wishbone instead of the wing-T, you would have thought you were watching The Tide in the 70s...

449 yards rushing on 55 carries = 8.1 yards per carry = why throw the ball? :thumb:

But the QB at McCallie is one of the best I have seen at the high school level in a long time - a true cannon for an arm - throws 20 yard outs with less arc than an Englishman throwing darts..... and a lot of poise - UTC's field will probably not see a 2-minute-drill ran as well for quite some time....

Edited by davidlimbaugh

red56 - if it was the wishbone instead of the wing-T, you would have thought you were watching The Tide in the 70s...

449 yards rushing on 55 carries = 8.1 yards per carry = why throw the ball? :thumb:

But the QB at McCallie is one of the best I have seen at the high school level in a long time - a true cannon for an arm - throws 20 yard outs with less arc than an Englishman throwing darts..... and a lot of poise - UTC's field will probably not see a 2-minute-drill ran as well for quite some time....

agree utc won't see that but was an equeal game retarted coach aside but it will be tough in 5A if you can't throw

If you really are a player, isn't it about time you stopped saying

McCallie got lucky?

I've seen very few, if any high school quarterbacks

execute as well as the kid from McCallie did at the

end of the game.

his point is that they got lucky and scored three times in the last 2:40 thats rediclious we should be undefeated but not worried cause i think we will from here on out