Henry County at Dickson County

wingman

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Redpridepersonified

All I have to say is that it was a tough loss and that I hate it for the seniors! Its not the end of the world and they just need to put it behind them and get ready for Hardin County next Friday night! Yanker I guess you didn't see much scoring? Was it really good defenses or just plain ole awful offenses?

This sure was a hot, hot, hot thread until the actual contest took place. Now it's cold as the icey cutting comments coming from the Patriot crowd last night. The BARREL had to be left in Dickson, along with all those victory score predictions like 24-0 and 38-10.

So many coaches (in the stands), and so few teams to coach!

This sure was a hot, hot, hot thread until the actual contest took place. Now it's cold as the icey cutting comments coming from the Patriot crowd last night. The BARREL had to be left in Dickson, along with all those victory score predictions like 24-0 and 38-10.

So many coaches (in the stands), and so few teams to coach!

It did feel a little chilly up in the stands, hope it warms back up as opening of the Region play arrives next week.

Pats moved the ball up and down the field but the endzone eluded them. Lot's of attempts within 25-30 yard line but when the DC D didn't shut down the endzone the Pats seemed to shut themselves down. Not a lot of points for a lot of yards gained. :o

The Couger Offensive Line and lead blockers opened some holes in Pats D especially in first half. There were some big holes and when there wasn't Pats had some problems in the tackling department. :(

The Cougers did what they needed to get the barrel back. Pats will see if they can reverse the results next year. :o

It did feel a little chilly up in the stands, hope it warms back up as opening of the Region play arrives next week.

Pats moved the ball up and down the field but the endzone eluded them. Lot's of attempts within 25-30 yard line but when the DC D didn't shut down the endzone the Pats seemed to shut themselves down. Not a lot of points for a lot of yards gained. :)

The Couger Offensive Line and lead blockers opened some holes in Pats D especially in first half. There were some big holes and when there wasn't Pats had some problems in the tackling department. :D

The Cougers did what they needed to get the barrel back. Pats will see if they can reverse the results next year. :thumb:

coaching and turnovers! Thats all there is to be said.

I have two questions about the loss to DC on Friday night?

DC seemed to adhere to the old "bend but don't break theory" in defending against our spread offense. It must take a lot of patience to sit back and let us pick up huge chunks of yardage between the 20s and then make big plays in the red zone. Do you think this was the plan, or did it just happen?

Secondly, I saw several Patriots on the ground apparently with cramps. Are the Pats as well conditioned as we thought?

I guess you could have done better!?!? :lol:

I'm not saying Gaddis and the boys aren't good coaches, but I can see from the stands that they need to expand their play book and play calling. You run all the way down the field for the most part, then try pass in the red zone where the defense gets to tighten up on you. I don't see enough mix. Gaddis might have you guys in his back pocket, but I'm NOT conviced! I am glad someone told me about this website though.

Guest Redpridepersonified

I'm not saying Gaddis and the boys aren't good coaches, but I can see from the stands that they need to expand their play book and play calling. You run all the way down the field for the most part, then try pass in the red zone where the defense gets to tighten up on you. I don't see enough mix. Gaddis might have you guys in his back pocket, but I'm NOT conviced! I am glad someone told me about this website though.

This is a good website! Wait until Monday morning it will light up like a Christmas tree. I'm not in any ones back pocket! I just think people in the stands have it easy saying they would do this or that and never have to prove themselves in live action. You don't know what you'd do until you've been there. There are areas of concern for me with this team, but I feel like I am a fan and they are the coaches so they have inside information and experience that I am not privvy to. They've broken down more film on their opponents than anyone in the stands. Thats all I'm saying. Nothing personal.

Well, Friday night was a BIG dissapointment :blink: I thought we would play much better and keep the barrell! Region starts this week. We can get on the right path against a Hardin County team. I would think we will be much better than them, but I thought that last week also. Congrats to Dickson County.

We lost for three reasons: They outplayed us, they scored more points than we did, and My Advice was in the stands instead of on the sidelines coaching. We went 2 and 8 during Gaddis's first year. Everyone was happy because we could finally play with the big boys. He took a team that was so far down we had to scrape them off the bottom of our shoes. Last year, we went 7 and 5 and everyone was happy because we went to the second round of the play-offs. This year, some of you think we are supposed to win state. It takes more than three years to rebuild a program. The season has only begun. I know Gaddis. He doesn't want to be in anyone's back pocket. My Advice, my advice to you is to call Gaddis, tell him how to coach (to his face), and quit running your mouth until you prove yourself in his position. I am sorry you are not "conviced." Usually, if you score 22 points, you can win the game. Doesn't sound like play calling was the biggest problem to me.

Edited by realredpride