D2 Changes for 2007-2009

jp2fan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well obviously DII AAA will make up the new AA and DII A will make up A, but how will they split up DII AA. I know that JPII and SBA were moving up either next year or the one after. And just curious, where will BGA end up. They already have one of the lowest, if not the lowest enrollment in DII AA. And also they were at their best with the Flemings during the mid to late 90's while they where in DII A. Maybe time to move back down?

Well actually the TSSAA just said there would be 2 classifications in D2. They never said how it would be divided. I would assume that some in AA would move down and some would stay in AA. JP and SB are already slated to move in the 2007 season so those schools will probably stay in AA but like you said BGA has a relatively low enrollment, but I guarantee you that once this new coach has them ready to play they will beat all in D2A. BA has a smaller enrollment than JP2 and they play up. I would think the TSSAA would take into account the quality of program in some of the schools that are borderline and possibly give them the option to chose where to be classified.

Well obviously DII AAA will make up the new AA and DII A will make up A, but how will they split up DII AA. I know that JPII and SBA were moving up either next year or the one after. And just curious, where will BGA end up. They already have one of the lowest, if not the lowest enrollment in DII AA. And also they were at their best with the Flemings during the mid to late 90's while they where in DII A. Maybe time to move back down?

excuse me, but this leads me to a question that I am curious about. I know that private schools not in DII have a multi. factor on their enrollment. Do public schools have such a factor? I see private in one and public in the other real soon.

DII

excuse me, but this leads me to a question that I am curious about. I know that private schools not in DII have a multi. factor on their enrollment. Do public schools have such a factor? I see private in one and public in the other real soon.

DII

Well if we start talking that this topic will get moved so I respectfully request that we not talk public v private. I don't want to go somewhere else to comment on this one.

Private schools in D2AA have until September 11 to decide in which classification they will compete in 2007. From the Commercial Appeal article today, it sounds like ECS will stay but Harding Academy will move down. Will Ensworth stay in D2AA or go to A for a couple of years? What about Knox Webb? What do you think they will do?

I hear Webb is thinking about going to Div 1 that is back with the public schools.

Do they think they cannot compete with the level of competition that will obviously be in D2AA? They will probably have to play Baylor and McCallie every year as a region game and would not see St. Benedict or ECS very often or at all. D2AA will be tough, no doubt about it. They would probably be in the hunt for State every year if they moved to D2A.

As for Webb, I would be shocked if they go D1AAA. Most likely they'll stay in D2AA. Will schools have a choice or will its' D2 classification be based on enrollment numbers?

The article in the commercial appeal (memphis) said that D2AA schools would have a choice to move down or stay. The decision must be made by September 11. Maybe theyare doing this first and then they will set enrollment numbers for the classifications.