(2-0) Cosby @ (1-1) Cloudland

old24eagle

Sounds pretty lopsided, I think you held Cloudland under 100 yards last night. Thats pretty stingy.

Well, I'm a big fan of that new defensive coach! :thumb: He's got his stuff together. I have to say also that the OC is pretty good, he's like my daggum brother! :( That HC really knows what he's doin, sorroundin himself with guys who know so much and work so hard! Shelton's not too shabby himself. B) Honestly I'm not as anal as I appear on these boards. :( I just want those boys and coaches to do great and get the respect they have worked so hard for.

Edited by eagle3314

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm a big fan of that new defensive coach! :thumb: He's got his stuff together. I have to say also that the OC is pretty good, he's like my daggum brother! :( That HC really knows what he's doin, sorroundin himself with guys who know so much and work so hard! Shelton's not too shabby himself. B) Honestly I'm not as anal as I appear on these boards. :( I just want those boys and coaches to do great and get the respect they have worked so hard for.

Slim Jimmy is naming the defensive coach the "King D biscuit". Eagle3314, the only teams that are going to respect you are those teams up in east Tn that are horrible. When Cosby beats the elite teams, they will get respect. Slim Jimmy doesn't see them being an elite team though.

Well 1st of, I want to say congrats to Cosby. You beat a team you've never beat before... Now I am not trying to take ANYTHING away from Cosby, but, why all the hype? You won a game. Move on to next week. I mean you act like you just won the Super Bowl. But all you did was shut-out a BAD team. They don't have any passing game, no running game, and no defense. They aren't any good. I don't even think they will make the play-offs. And that’s not very good, cause come on. As much as I hate to say it, our conference isn’t a bunch of world beaters. And they might not even be in the top 4 of it... And don't say the entire world was against you, and you are just proving them wrong. About the only people who honestly thought Cloudland was going to win were people from Roan Mountain who live under rocks and are in denial, South Pitt's half retarded waterboy (a.k.a. Slim Jimmy/Chester Cornhead), and the Johnson City Press's head sports writer Doug Fritz (who doesn’t really know that much about or care that much about 1A football). And I'm not trying to say Cosby isn't a good team. They look pretty tough from what I've seen so far. But something you've got to learn about being a winner is that when you win a game, feel good about it, then MOVE ON to next week. Cause no one likes a sore loser, and no one likes a conceited winner.

Well 1st of, I want to say congrats to Cosby. You beat a team you've never beat before... Now I am not trying to take ANYTHING away from Cosby, but, why all the hype? You won a game. Move on to next week. I mean you act like you just won the Super Bowl. But all you did was shut-out a BAD team. They don't have any passing game, no running game, and no defense. They aren't any good. I don't even think they will make the play-offs. And that’s not very good, cause come on. As much as I hate to say it, our conference isn’t a bunch of world beaters. And they might not even be in the top 4 of it... And don't say the entire world was against you, and you are just proving them wrong. About the only people who honestly thought Cloudland was going to win were people from Roan Mountain who live under rocks and are in denial, South Pitt's half retarded waterboy (a.k.a. Slim Jimmy/Chester Cornhead), and the Johnson City Press's head sports writer Doug Fritz (who doesn’t really know that much about or care that much about 1A football). And I'm not trying to say Cosby isn't a good team. They look pretty tough from what I've seen so far. But something you've got to learn about being a winner is that when you win a game, feel good about it, then MOVE ON to next week. Cause no one likes a sore loser, and no one likes a conceited winner.

Slim Jimmy says thankyou for telling the Cosby biscuits this. They haven't beat a good team yet. Slim Jimmy doesn't appreciate you calling him a half retarded water boy. Slim Jimmy is not the waterboy. Slim Jimmy doesn't know who Chester Cornhead is. Slim Jimmy thinks that Region 1 and 2 in 1a are the weakest region. Whatever team makes it to the semifinals from East TN gets thumped.

He's telling the truth, I' m around the Cloudland faithful every day. They say Cloudland will be lucky to win 4 games. When Cloudland was good, these boards were full of Cloudland remarks. From the looks of things on here,you would think Cloudland fell of the end of the earth. Everyone in Roan MT is really disgusted.

Edited by pujo

Actually, Cosby has beat Cloudland before. It was at Cosby in the mid 90's under HC Wayne Stiles. If you'll scroll back through some post you'll notice that it wasn't Cosby doin the postin to start off with after the game. As long as people keep replying, just as you did there Ranger, I'll keep chattin with them. What I would like to know is where all this talk about "bragging, conceitedness, we think were the best in the state" where is everyone gettin that? Is my computer messed up cause I'm not seein those posts. Rangerbook your definitely free to feel that way if you like, but at least know that you won't find one post of mine where I haven't been respectful of your Rangers, even taken up for em this season, and the bulldogs as well, heck I've went to war with people on threads for them, so know who your preachin to before you get into the pulpit brother!

He's telling the truth, I' m around the Cloudland faithful every day. They say Cloudland will be lucky to win 4 games. When Cloudland was good, these boards were full of Cloudland remarks. From the looks of things on here,you would think Cloudland fell of the end of the earth. Everyone in Roan MT is really disgusted.

Pujo,

Slim Jimmy says thats the way it goes. South Pitt had great teams all the way through the 90's and then fell off for about three years. Slim Jimmy thinks that South Pitt is on its way back to an elite level. Cloudland will be back.

Slim Jimmy is naming the defensive coach the "King D biscuit". Eagle3314, the only teams that are going to respect you are those teams up in east Tn that are horrible. When Cosby beats the elite teams, they will get respect. Slim Jimmy doesn't see them being an elite team though.

Allright Jimmy, give me your list. Top 5. Who are the Jibberish "ELITE"? I'm asking this with all seriousness.

Actually, Cosby has beat Cloudland before. It was at Cosby in the mid 90's under HC Wayne Stiles. If you'll scroll back through some post you'll notice that it wasn't Cosby doin the postin to start off with after the game. As long as people keep replying, just as you did there Ranger, I'll keep chattin with them. What I would like to know is where all this talk about "bragging, conceitedness, we think were the best in the state" where is everyone gettin that? Is my computer messed up cause I'm not seein those posts. Rangerbook your definitely free to feel that way if you like, but at least know that you won't find one post of mine where I haven't been respectful of your Rangers, even taken up for em this season, and the bulldogs as well, heck I've went to war with people on threads for them, so know who your preachin to before you get into the pulpit brother!

I'm not being disrespectful of Cosby. I'm just telling it like it is... And I didn't know Cosby even played Cloudland before the two were paired up in a region... If you know off the top of your head, what year was this? What was the score?

Slim Jimmy's elite:

1. Friendship Christian-very good football team

2. South Pitt (only team in 1a that can defeat FCS)

3. Trousdale Co.-Satterfield will have these boys ready come playoff time.

4. Fayette Academy- decent team in West TN. Could represent West TN in the finals.

5. Mt. Pleasant- pretty good football team

These are the five best teams. Sorry, Cosby doesn't even come close to making the list. Slim Jimmy thinks that if Cosby played any of these teams, they would get beat by 35.

Edited by Jim Jibberish

I'm not being disrespectful of Cosby. I'm just telling it like it is... And I didn't know Cosby even played Cloudland before the two were paired up in a region... If you know off the top of your head, what year was this? What was the score?

I would have to check with Coach Stiles on the score. He is still on staff. He does most of the scouting, and is pretty dang good at it. He did it for UT like a thousand years ago. He also coached at Ole Miss. I'm almost positive it was Chris Shepherd's sr year. (95 season) he was #33 a rb with sub 4.4 40 speed on good days. He touched the ball virtually every snap. Shepherd holds most of the records (career and single season) at Cosby in football. Could've played college ball at a lot of schools.

Edited by eagle3314

I would have to check with Coach Stiles on the score. He is still on staff. He does most of the scouting, and is pretty dang good at it. He did it for UT like a thousand years ago. He also coached at Ole Miss. I'm almost positive it was Chris Shepherd's sr year. (95 season) he was #33 a rb with sub 4.4 40 speed on good days. He touched the ball virtually every snap. Shepherd holds most of the records (career and single season) at Cosby in football. Could've played college ball at a lot of schools.

Oh yeah... Thats the cat wearing who has his pitcture up in your trophy case right outside the gym, right?