(2-0) Cosby @ (1-1) Cloudland

old24eagle

well everyone i have great news. we washed all the roan mt. mud down the drain till at cosby. we had to lay the jerseys, shoulder pads, helments, shoes, and travel bags on the ground outside and take a pressure washer to them. took all morning, i enjoyed every minute of it. anthony man how are you we do miss you up here. wish you would have came and told me goog bye before you headed to FL. i hope you are doing well. are you playing ball there. well have a great weekend everyone.

King Biscuit Shelton

oh cool i guess i am a King like THE KING

where is he hiding. i know he is reading these post and threads.

i guess the is afraid to make an apperiance.

yea im playing ball down here but im out for a wile because a bone stuck through my ear cannal when i got hit.....dont worry ill be back.tell the team i said hi and great job coaching you can take them to the second round or more this year :lol:

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't go considering Hampton a lock for the final 4 just YET... there's some solid Region 2 teams they'll have to go through to get to the semis. There is A LOT that can happen between now and mid to late November, so don't put the cart ahead of the horse just yet.

I don't consider anyone a lock,I Just think those 4 are the most apt to get there. I'm not sure, but the top 5 1a teams could all be in the East.

I don't know pujo, South Pitt is up there in that mix, but I'd say it is to early to tell. I don't know if you remember me, but me and my buddy came up there and sat with you all at the cloudland/boyd game in 02 after yall beat us (Greenback). Now I'm just a spectator. What has happened to cloudland this year? are they rebuilding? Greenback sure is. They've got coach kilpatrick (the o-coordinator when I played) as the head coach now. He is trying to pass the ball like we did when I played, but they are to young and lack the speed for that. I got to see the cloudland/coalfield game last season. That one went down to the wire. I'm sure that next season cloudland and greenback will be playing some good ball again. How did cosby get good this year? Fluke? have a good group of seniors? or ar they just trying to kick the landers while they are down? I know this cosby guy wouldn't be talkin this kind of smack if players like byrd and birchfield were still around. By the way what are those to guys doing these days? do ya know? I'd hope that they are doing well. Those guys are 2 of the best athletes I have ever played against.

-Pride-

You guys were a classy bunch. Good to hear from you. As to what has happened to Cloudland.First , the head Coach left and went to Hampton, for whatever reason.at least 6 boys who would be starting for Cloudland this season are no longer playing. If these boys were still playing, Cloudland would have one of the best lines around, To make it worse,they had two of ther best up coming lineman transfer to Avery Co. They are really young with 4 seniors and about the same amount of juniors. They have like 28 9th and 10th graders. The future looks good. On the other hand Cosby has a new coaching staff and they have really improved. Add these things togeather and you know what happened. Not sure what Byrd and Benfield are doing, they were fun to wacth. I usually wacth Hampton for obvious reasons, nephew and brother are both there. I,m still a big Cloudland fan and they will be back. Greenback must be having some troubles of their own. It don't take alot for 1a schools to struggle, not many guys to choose from. You lose 6 or 8 would be starters, you are going to be down.

I didn't see stats ,the only thing I was going by was Cosby was only up by 2 or 3 points in the third quarter. Thats a pretty tight game. The stats might tell a different story. Oakdale scored about the same against Jellico. All I'm saying is, its not near as big a deal as some might think to beat a very down Cloudland team. I've been telling people all year,Cloudland is DOWN.

Cosbys fans and players yes you are winning but, let me give you some facts before you all get the big head. Hampton beat David Crockett by 6 td's , Sullivan East beat Cloudland 49 to 6, David Crockett beat Sullivan East. You all beat Cloudland 26 -0 I will give you another 7 points for beating them at home. Give Cloudland a break and for the #25 running his mouth to the Cloudland player while he is scoring should of been flaged and that is disrespectful. And to the Cloudland fans and players keep your head up and be proud and have fun! Hopefuly Hampton and Unaka can pay back for the mountain men.

Edited by backyard

Not sure what Byrd and Benfield are doing, they were fun to wacth.

Last I heard Byrd was playing baseball at Milligan.. they just went through a coaching change so I dont know what thats gonna do for his stay there tho...

heres the link to their roster... http://www.milligan.edu/athletics/baseball/roster.htm

Edited by unakafan07

You guys were a classy bunch. Good to hear from you. As to what has happened to Cloudland.First , the head Coach left and went to Hampton, for whatever reason.at least 6 boys who would be starting for Cloudland this season are no longer playing. If these boys were still playing, Cloudland would have one of the best lines around, To make it worse,they had two of ther best up coming lineman transfer to Avery Co. They are really young with 4 seniors and about the same amount of juniors. They have like 28 9th and 10th graders. The future looks good. On the other hand Cosby has a new coaching staff and they have really improved. Add these things togeather and you know what happened. Not sure what Byrd and Benfield are doing, they were fun to wacth. I usually wacth Hampton for obvious reasons, nephew and brother are both there. I,m still a big Cloudland fan and they will be back. Greenback must be having some troubles of their own. It don't take alot for 1a schools to struggle, not many guys to choose from. You lose 6 or 8 would be starters, you are going to be down.

Pujo Im a Cloudland fan and I was just wondering who those lineman were you were talking .And were they playing last year. Also how is the tall new end doing or is he even getting playing time .Who was the head coach that went from Cloudland to Hampton. I know one of them went from Cloudland to Avery then to Hampton is that the one your talking about. How did the Cloudland teams do @ J.C YESTERDAY.

Pujo Im a Cloudland fan and I was just wondering who those lineman were you were talking .And were they playing last year. Also how is the tall new end doing or is he even getting playing time .Who was the head coach that went from Cloudland to Hampton. I know one of them went from Cloudland to Avery then to Hampton is that the one your talking about. How did the Cloudland teams do @ J.C YESTERDAY.

Yeah ,thats the coach I'm referring to. As far as the players I,m talking about , Junior Clawson, Paul Baker, Cody Street, There was another good lineman,can't think of his name, Another good player was Jared Kodac. As far as our youth teams, all the teams all the way through the 8th grade are good. I help Randy Birchfield coach the 4th and 5th grade. We are very good. We were the only winners against Johnson City. The rest of the teams do good against everyone except Johnson City. The future looks BRIGHT.

Slim Jimmy says he doesn't care what you think Eagle3314. Cosby will never be a powerhouse in football. Slim Jimmy would love to see a South Pitt and Cosby matchup in the state semifinals. Slim Jimmy would just sit back and watch our fast backs smoke by the Cosby Jam Biscuits and gravy.

You're right about one thing, if cosby played south pitt. in the playoffs, you would be sittn back. cause south pitt would be playin their starters with fast legs, not mouths.

another thing, if cosby stinks that bad why are you here? quit wasting your time on us baked goods and start bothering some other team trying to play football.

Your right, i shouldnt have said that yesterday to rocket but SOME of hampton players talk more than i have ever heard anyone else in my life. and you said you were glad to say that huh? doesnt that bring you just as bad as me too?

Hamptons players are not allowed on Coacht and they are playing one game at a time because, you can get beat on even given Friday night. Hampton is worried about Unico County for now. And the Hampton players or Coaches do not run there mouth they respect every team!

Edited by hamptonbigdogs

Hamptons players are not allowed on Coacht and they are playing one game at a time because, you can get beat on even given Friday night. Hampton is worried about Unico County for now. And the Hampton players or Coaches do not run there mouth they respect every team!

Slim Jimmy thinks that Hampton will beat Unico County with ease.