(2-0) Cosby @ (1-1) Cloudland

old24eagle

Well 1st of, I want to say congrats to Cosby. You beat a team you've never beat before... Now I am not trying to take ANYTHING away from Cosby, but, why all the hype? You won a game. Move on to next week. I mean you act like you just won the Super Bowl. But all you did was shut-out a BAD team. They don't have any passing game, no running game, and no defense. They aren't any good. I don't even think they will make the play-offs. And that’s not very good, cause come on. As much as I hate to say it, our conference isn’t a bunch of world beaters. And they might not even be in the top 4 of it... And don't say the entire world was against you, and you are just proving them wrong. About the only people who honestly thought Cloudland was going to win were people from Roan Mountain who live under rocks and are in denial, South Pitt's half retarded waterboy (a.k.a. Slim Jimmy/Chester Cornhead), and the Johnson City Press's head sports writer Doug Fritz (who doesn’t really know that much about or care that much about 1A football). And I'm not trying to say Cosby isn't a good team. They look pretty tough from what I've seen so far. But something you've got to learn about being a winner is that when you win a game, feel good about it, then MOVE ON to next week. Cause no one likes a sore loser, and no one likes a conceited winner.

You need to watch calling me names! I have an opinion about things like everyone else. I agree with some of the "Elite" teams of 1A this season.

East Side

Friendship is without a doubt the team to beat

S. Pittsburg

Trousdale

Hampton

West Side

Jackson Christian

Fayatte Academy

Jo Byrns

Mt. Pleasant

I believe these are the top contenders

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to watch calling me names! I have an opinion about things like everyone else. I agree with some of the "Elite" teams of 1A this season.

East Side

S. Pittsburg

Trousdale

Hampton

West Side

Jackson Christian

Fayatte Academy

Jo Byrns

Mt. Pleasant

Slim Jimmy agree's Chester. Slim Jimmy isn't a half retarded waterboy. There is no need in the name calling. Slim Jimmy has an opinion just like everyone else and Slim Jimmy has the right to express it.

East Side

S. Pittsburg

Trousdale

Hampton

West Side

Jackson Christian

Fayatte Academy

Jo Byrns

Mt. Pleasant

I have the same opinion,A few others could be sleepers.

Glad to see that this thread has settled down a bit. I know we got one handed to us a whooping that is. As Pujo said we will be back. Ive watched the younger programs coming up and they are very talented . We have had down years before but we cant just throw our hands up and say oh well Cloudland football is history, just because we might have an under .500 season. We just have to get back in there and work,work,work. To any of the young Cloudland team that may read this keep your heads up. To the few seniors keep showing leadership. In practice and outside of practice to these young kids . Believe me you will want to come and follow The Highlanders after you grad. Cloudland football never dies to much tradition for that to happen.

Slim Jimmy doubts that Cosby has had a RB with sub 4.4 speed.

I know that there is no use in tellin you this but YES cosby did have a back with 4.4 speed. Chris Shepard consistantly ran about a 4.41 and I was there the day he was clocked by three watches at 4.37 , 4.39 , 4.39. If you had ever played sports and understand simple math you could see that when you take average ,the mean , median , mode or any way you put it that = sub 4.4.

Eagle3314 the win over C-Land was after shepard left however I believe it was 97. C-land was leading 33-8 at the end of the third and Cosby went nuts in the fourth came back to win 35-33.

Hey slimmy why would you doubt that or assume that your team is so much faster than we are now. South Pitt MAY be better than Cosby but if they are faster than us as a team they have several kids that can fly. Cosby currently has 2 kids who run 4.5 and about 5 more who are at 4.6-4.7 range not to mention most of our lineman hover around 5.0 flat. Not sayin you don't have more speed than that but you can't say were slow.

For everyone else who says we are acting like sore winners for beating a bad team if you hadn't noticed were arguing about the ONE other time we beat Cloudland in the last 15 years so beating them regardless of their current situation is huge for us , but I agree it's time to move on. I do however recall in the preseason region1-1A topic reading stuff like "No matter how bad Cloudland is and how much Cosby has improved if you think you are going to roane mountain and beat the Landers you are off your rocker" . and " This is and always will be Hampton and Cloudlands conference no one else is even close".

I'm done with this Topic time to talk about W.G. See all you guys over there.

You guys were a classy bunch. Good to hear from you. As to what has happened to Cloudland.First , the head Coach left and went to Hampton, for whatever reason.at least 6 boys who would be starting for Cloudland this season are no longer playing. If these boys were still playing, Cloudland would have one of the best lines around, To make it worse,they had two of ther best up coming lineman transfer to Avery Co. They are really young with 4 seniors and about the same amount of juniors. They have like 28 9th and 10th graders. The future looks good. On the other hand Cosby has a new coaching staff and they have really improved. Add these things togeather and you know what happened. Not sure what Byrd and Benfield are doing, they were fun to wacth. I usually wacth Hampton for obvious reasons, nephew and brother are both there. I,m still a big Cloudland fan and they will be back. Greenback must be having some troubles of their own. It don't take alot for 1a schools to struggle, not many guys to choose from. You lose 6 or 8 would be starters, you are going to be down.

Well, similar scenario down in greenback. 3 seniors, a handfull of juniors, mostly sophomores and freshman. The line is the biggest I have ever seen them all the way around. Including my sophomore baby brother Patrick Evans. He's 15 6'3'' 250. At the beginning of the summer he was pushing 280. He hit it hard in the weight room as well as the running. Now he is just shoving people around like nothing. I believe He played well against Cosby in the preseason scrimmage. As a matter of fact I think Greenback one. Anyway, watch out for # 52 for us. He's making me proud. Here in the next few years Greenback and Cloudland will be seeing each other in the playoffs again. I'm sure of it.

-Pride-

i cant comprehend why someone hates cosby as bad as slim jimmy.what has cosby ever done to you?we dont get on here and brag or boast of any kind we just take up for ourselves when someone talks junk.dont cloudland play a team from south carolina?what will that be like,and i would sure hate to practice on ORR field monday or tuesday whenever they practice i know first hand it was in some awful of a mess.one more thing #25 dont talk THAT much crap he just plays with alot of energy and emotion.

cody lowe#5

Edited by cosbybasketball30

Glad to see that this thread has settled down a bit. I know we got one handed to us a whooping that is. As Pujo said we will be back. Ive watched the younger programs coming up and they are very talented . We have had down years before but we cant just throw our hands up and say oh well Cloudland football is history, just because we might have an under .500 season. We just have to get back in there and work,work,work. To any of the young Cloudland team that may read this keep your heads up. To the few seniors keep showing leadership. In practice and outside of practice to these young kids . Believe me you will want to come and follow The Highlanders after you grad. Cloudland football never dies to much tradition for that to happen.

great attitude and that attitude is why you will be back. i like players like you keep working and never give up. good luck the rest of the season.

shelton