Week 3 White House at Portland

timbdp

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portland has gotten off to a great start under first year coach Mike Bever. They're 2-0 overall (1-0 in Region 6-4A). White House lost their season opener to Page but bounced back nicely last night with a win over Franklin Simpson (KY). The Blue Devils are 1-1 on the year. It's at Portland and the Panthers are on a roll but I have to take the young Blue Devils in a close battle. I believe this is the kind of game where folks will see White House's kids mature beyond their years.

White House: 23

Portland: 21

This one can go either way. I honestly believe we are right now, at this point in the season, on level ground. I hope our young Blue Devils can go in knowing that missed tackles, like the ones against Page and FS, could be the difference maker against an always tough Portland team.

Gotta go with the Big Blue on this one, although I think it will be hard-fought. Regardless, the atmosphere will be electric both sides will be rocking!!!

Get there early!

I was at the WH-FS game and I thought WH played very well...sure there were some miscues (i.e. balls thrown into the gound, stupid penalties, substitution errors, etc.) but I thought WH pretty much nailed the basics. I thought they tackled well, they ran hard, the line did a decent job of creating some running lanes for West, who by the way had an excellent game, and I thought the QB played to his potential. But however, to beat a good team like Portland, they are going to have to improve on the things they did well and correct the small errors. They will not beat a good, discipline football team until they can do that.

My pick: WH-It could go two ways;

I think it will be close, I havent seen Portland play, but I believe that we have an edge in the kicking game. Therefore, I think that the final score will be decided by a field goal:

WH-17

PO-14

or

If the coaches can find a weakness in the Portland defense, which they are very good at doing, and WH can exploit that weakness, I think WH has the talent, yes, talent, to blow this one apart, granted they do all the things I've already mentioned:

WH-35

PO-14

Edited by Mannythemanager