Dobyns-Bennett @ Oak Ridge

OakRidgeCat

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

03, I agree that Knox area is much tougher than upper E. TN. You do know that 5 of Bearden's 10 offensive drives were extended by penalty right? Now, do you think it would have been 10-6 had all those possessions not been extended with a free set of downs? I tend to think the score would have been much different. I do think Bearden is a better football team, but they got a bunch of help in DB game. Big is 42-0 and 28-7, those scores ring a bell?

03, I agree that Knox area is much tougher than upper E. TN. You do know that 5 of Bearden's 10 offensive drives were extended by penalty right? Now, do you think it would have been 10-6 had all those possessions not been extended with a free set of downs? I tend to think the score would have been much different. I do think Bearden is a better football team, but they got a bunch of help in DB game. Big is 42-0 and 28-7, those scores ring a bell?

Thanks for the clarification on the DB v Bearden game. I didn't know those penalties occurred. DB's defense is about the best I've seen and am surprised they had such an off night. Maybe DB can get back on track this friday.

I'm also not familiar with the scores you mentioned. Are those Riverdale over Oak Ridge scores?

I have it 18-15 OR. I am not at home right now or I would post the year by year scores. I will do that later tonight. Tank, I am not smart just a stat nerd.

According to the record book its:

Oak Ridge: 15 Regular Season Wins DB: 11 Regular Season Wins

Playoffs: Oak Ridge 3 Wins DB: 4 Wins

Total:Oak Ridge 18 Wins - DB 15 Wins

The scores are listed, if I have more time tomorrow, I'll try to get them on here, or if David wants to post them, feel free, my typing skills are suspect at best! :lol:

. . . ok...12 penalites against a good team in bearden..three fumbles and one turnover....still get a W against a very good and hungry team with a good coaching staff....we will see what happens...this will be the Cats first real competition anyone can look good beating up smaller teams not to say that DB doesnt do that but we cant help who is in our area. I got DB winning this one quick...

ROLL TRIBE ROLL!!!!!!!

BINGHAM, VENABLE, THE "DEUCE", HELTON, GULMIRE...new 'cats, old 'cats. TRADITION BABY!

The names change, the verdict remains the same...grippin' the region title AGAIN!

D-B is overrated and almost lost to BEARDEN! Get real...GO CATS! PILE ON THE POINTS! ORIDGECAT...Save Chuck and I a seat.

We're helping at the gate.

Finally, someone like me who believes! I don't know about DB being overrated, I NEVER underestimate the power of the the TRIBE, but I always go for the POUNCE of the Wildcat! :lol:

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL - Truly a title game without the title - Friday Night Football in East Tennesee with a HUGE crowd! Now thats what I'm talkin' about!

Edited by OakRidgeCat

Pardon me? Fortunately, every prediction I make is either in print or on tape. During my Saturday morning show, I said ... "Tennessee wins 20-17." I can pull up the tape ... sure I have ripped on UT some in the pre-season, but I did pick them to win .. come on, it was Cal ... of the freakin' Pac-10!

And as for Friday night, ol Cat has me picking DB already ... can't quite remember doing that, since I do that in Friday's newspaper. I actually look at games with my head, not my heart ... then I usually pick with my heart. :lol:

Of course, I am 26-2 on the season, including a sterling 14-0 last week (I know I know, the games were easy to pick.)

ORCat,

Easy on Tank, let him pick DB, history is on our side, Tank picked Cal to roll all over our Vols! -_-

Edited by TankTalk

Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett is 7-10 (that's what I got) in games played at Oak Ridge, all-time in the Series. Graham Clark is 4-4 in the Atomic City while being Head Coach. Is that the best record for an OR Opponent?

DB is going to win this game. DEFENSE DEFENSE.. That's the strength of the Indians and it all starts with the best LB Group in School History. Andrew Pappas, Brandon Thompson, Cody Burnette and Aaron Marsh are going to control the action. I do not expect Oak Ridge to score on a sustained drive.. Qucik Strike Offense.. maybe, score because of a DB turnover in good field position.. maybe. Kick Return, maybe. But no way all of them.

DB has the experience, and the talent on Offense to take this game. Bo Burton will show he is a good 5A QB. Coty Sensabugh is going to show, again, why he is one of the most talented WR/DB in East TN. #20 Jo Jo Throp is going to make some plays, a very versitle player, he never comes off the field.

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

After watching a little film, the DB linebackers and D line had better get to the QB. I really really like our receivers against the overall secondary of the Indians. I am sure, for those saying how incredible these guys are, they will indeed perform well. But can they carry the load ... is Oak Ridge never going to be able to hook-up through the air?

Also, for all I have heard and read about the DB linebackers, does anyone not know about the Oak Ridge linebacker crew? Troy Venable in the middle, remember him? An all-state performer ... surrounded by two of the most athletic outside linebackers in the state in Reed Quillen and Charlie Samuels. You may not know much about them ... yet.

I am quite sure the DB linebackers are great, but I find it hard to believe they are THAT much better than the group Oak Ridge will have on the field.

Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett is 7-10 (that's what I got) in games played at Oak Ridge, all-time in the Series. Graham Clark is 4-4 in the Atomic City while being Head Coach. Is that the best record for an OR Opponent?

DB is going to win this game. DEFENSE DEFENSE.. That's the strength of the Indians and it all starts with the best LB Group in School History. Andrew Pappas, Brandon Thompson, Cody Burnette and Aaron Marsh are going to control the action. I do not expect Oak Ridge to score on a sustained drive.. Qucik Strike Offense.. maybe, score because of a DB turnover in good field position.. maybe. Kick Return, maybe. But no way all of them.

DB has the experience, and the talent on Offense to take this game. Bo Burton will show he is a good 5A QB. Coty Sensabugh is going to show, again, why he is one of the most talented WR/DB in East TN. #20 Jo Jo Throp is going to make some plays, a very versitle player, he never comes off the field.

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!