Dobyns-Bennett @ Oak Ridge

OakRidgeCat

That's the thing, I just saw one film, so it's hard for me to really sum things up.

Oak Ridge has a long way to go to be an excellent football team. The thing about both teams, these players grow up knowing how to win. I think Coach Stevens hit on this during his show.

Sometimes, a bad practice, previous games, it doesn't matter when the lights are switched on Friday night. They know how to get it done ... somehow ... they get it done. It can be said for both teams, they have good players, good coaches, good fans and win or lose, this is what high school football is all about.

It's about those players that have sacrificed, put in the work, went the extra mile just so they can don the uniform that represents their school, their community and maybe more importantly, their tradition.

Every Friday I get excited watching games, today ... it has been elevated.

Thank you Mr. Tank. I too think that some of our DB supporters are overly optimistic about our Defense. But you can't lay too much on what you saw in the Bearden films. My view is, after seeing them play all 3 games so far, that the offense was dead dog dead at Bearden for 3 quarters and only livened up moderatly in the 4th quarter. And not because of Bearden either. It was Karns all over again. And our offense was sputtering some too. I will not be surprised to see an entirely different team at your "Ship" tonight. But best offense ever is an absolute stretch. This is the 9th year in a row that I have been watching DB football. Attend most away games too. I have seen at least as good defenses at DB in those years. It is possible that some close relationships might be clouding some folks view of things. And that's okay. I would probably do the same.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tank, good take. I'm a little more worried about our o-line than you are. I think the movement of the DB backers could cause some of our new starters some problems up front. But then again, when Conner gets pressured and pulls it down, that has been productive. Return game, kicking game, pick six. We will need to make something big happen in one or more of those areas. One thing for sure, it's going to be exciting, and time keeps dragging on. tick, tick, tick. I'll see you on the hill

This is more than likely the first of 2 meetings this season.

Roll Tribe Roll

That will certainly be better understood after tonite's game. If the game is close, I agree. If not, weeeellllll ...

Right now for me its a question of "who is the real DB"? We'll know soon.

Everyone have a safe trip to OR. and may it be a productive one!!

Good luck to our guys and wishing zero injuries for both.

Yeah, I could see that Art, we would have to come to the Fred I do believe.

I thought it would be at OR again if it happens.

BREAKING NEWS: Many Oak Ridge residents are reportedly without water or have low water pressure after a main line broke on Lafayette Avenue

Its good to know they won't be watering down the field to slow down the Roll of the the TRIBE

Best of Luck to Both Teams!! May it be injury free and played with the utmost sportsmanship & Respect as allways.

I guess if I place an order at ED's before I leave it will be ready when I get their.