Alcoa Vs. Fulton

TnFootballfan

Well, I gotta say that I was worried about this game and what the turn out was gonna be. After that forced fumble and touch down *like Brandon Warren did last year* I thought we were in for a long night. But I guess we got straightened out. My question is just how good are the Falcons? What are they good at and what do they need to improve on?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what ive seen Alcoa wasnt really outcoached. I for one jumped all over Rankin for not throwing the ball. Now im big enough to admit i was wrong. Cobb is/will be a great QB and in Sommers and Lanxter hands down probably the 2 best WR in the State, HOWEVER a QB cant throw the ball if an offensive line cant block. Hands down this loss belongs on teh shoulders of Alcoas offensive line. Infact you might as well chalk up the Maryville loss to them as well. If the Offensive line doesnt step there game up and i mean BIG TIME you will chalk up the losses to Loudon, and McCallie also. Rankin deffently doesnt get outcoached. He plays with what he has and i deffetnly think he knows he doesnt have an offensive line. I think he finally listened to the fans and decided to kick field goals and well once again he was proven right. I will always thing Scott Meadows is the greatest coach ever (for obvious reasons if you know me) and George Quarles is up there to but Gary Rankin is quickly climbing the charts...IF Coach Rankin reads this I deeply apologize for saying that YOU would be getting out coached!!

Also...Alcoas Offensive line stinks!!!! Maybe they will bulliten board that and step their game up some!!

Make sure you acknowledge them when they do step it up...The linemen ALWAYS get blamed even when a QB makes a bad read or throw or when a RB makes a wrong cut or goes thru the three hole when he was supposed to go thru the five....The linemen work harder than anyone else on a football team and it's a thankless job,then when you lose you have people like you blame them when the team loses..Maybe Fulton's coaching staff is good enough that they knew Alcoa's tendencies and knew what Alcoa was going to do..Not much a lineman can do when the odds are stacked like that....Remember things are not always as bad as they seem..I'm sure the Alcoa line played hard and probably are hurting this morning as bad as the marquee players on the Tornado football team are....You win as a team and you lose as a team...

I don't have anything to do with either Alcoa or Fulton's program but as a former lineman and a father of a kid that also plays on the offensive line,this post kind of hit home with me...Good Luck to BOTH teams the rest of the way....

Again,remember to get back on here and post something good about these young men when they dominate the line of scrimmage..But,I'm betting it doesn't happen...

This is an interesting match-up. Rogan vs. Shiverdecker.

Fulton is very big upfront and Alcoa is not small. I believe which team controls the other team's running game the best probably wins.

Fulton wins upfront and Rogan outgains Shivy. :unsure: Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

Edited by STARSNBARS

Make sure you acknowledge them when they do step it up...The linemen ALWAYS get blamed even when a QB makes a bad read or throw or when a RB makes a wrong cut or goes thru the three hole when he was supposed to go thru the five....The linemen work harder than anyone else on a football team and it's a thankless job,then when you lose you have people like you blame them when the team loses..Maybe Fulton's coaching staff is good enough that they knew Alcoa's tendencies and knew what Alcoa was going to do..Not much a lineman can do when the odds are stacked like that....Remember things are not always as bad as they seem..I'm sure the Alcoa line played hard and probably are hurting this morning as bad as the marquee players on the Tornado football team are....You win as a team and you lose as a team...

I don't have anything to do with either Alcoa or Fulton's program but as a former lineman and a father of a kid that also plays on the offensive line,this post kind of hit home with me...Good Luck to BOTH teams the rest of the way....

Again,remember to get back on here and post something good about these young men when they dominate the line of scrimmage..But,I'm betting it doesn't happen...

Yeah, tell them the facts.

BTW-25 Years later all the linmen I played with are successful businessmen. Most of the backfield is working for their former linmen. :unsure::blink:

From what ive seen Alcoa wasnt really outcoached. I for one jumped all over Rankin for not throwing the ball. Now im big enough to admit i was wrong. Cobb is/will be a great QB and in Sommers and Lanxter hands down probably the 2 best WR in the State, HOWEVER a QB cant throw the ball if an offensive line cant block. Hands down this loss belongs on teh shoulders of Alcoas offensive line. Infact you might as well chalk up the Maryville loss to them as well. If the Offensive line doesnt step there game up and i mean BIG TIME you will chalk up the losses to Loudon, and McCallie also. Rankin deffently doesnt get outcoached. He plays with what he has and i deffetnly think he knows he doesnt have an offensive line. I think he finally listened to the fans and decided to kick field goals and well once again he was proven right. I will always thing Scott Meadows is the greatest coach ever (for obvious reasons if you know me) and George Quarles is up there to but Gary Rankin is quickly climbing the charts...IF Coach Rankin reads this I deeply apologize for saying that YOU would be getting out coached!!

Also...Alcoas Offensive line stinks!!!! Maybe they will bulliten board that and step their game up some!!

I am not sure what football game you watched last night but it was not the Alcoa game. The play calling last night was so predictable that I called almost every call from the stands. If I can do it you know the coach on the other team can. When you have a work horse, extremely talented offense and you can only generate 2 offensive touch downs (and I am not sure you can give them credit for both as i think the long pass touch down was a broken play) you are not coaching well. Look at Fulton's attack last night. It was shut down for most of the first half. Thier coach regrouped, and changed his strategy while he was still in the game. We changed our strategy when it was life or death. I said this in my first post of the year. The style of football Alcoa played last night (not counting the defense which did a very good job) is not the style of football that led them to two gold balls in the last two years.

And before all of you fans jump on me about having something against the coach, you are wrong. I am talking strickly how the game was coached last night.

An a closing thought, what kind of coach says "I dont think you will see a better team in 2a this year". There was a time in the last few years where folks said there is not a better football team in TN, let alone 2a

Agreed. Rogan only got about 75 yards last year and it was because he WAS the Fulton offensive attack. Fulton's starting QB was suspended for the game, but good teams play thru that kinda thing.

That was Stinson's first start, if you recall...dont read too much into Fulton's play last year because of that. That said, Rogan is still Fulton's biggest threat.

The video is gonna be awesome on this one...

actually Stinson didnt get unto it was already 30 something to nothing in the end of the third quater, dat Junior that plays quaterback behind Jack Wagner at third string started the game and cause three turnovers within the first quater, the game was over early

:(

I am not sure what football game you watched last night but it was not the Alcoa game. The play calling last night was so predictable that I called almost every call from the stands. If I can do it you know the coach on the other team can. When you have a work horse, extremely talented offense and you can only generate 2 offensive touch downs (and I am not sure you can give them credit for both as i think the long pass touch down was a broken play) you are not coaching well. Look at Fulton's attack last night. It was shut down for most of the first half. Thier coach regrouped, and changed his strategy while he was still in the game. We changed our strategy when it was life or death. I said this in my first post of the year. The style of football Alcoa played last night (not counting the defense which did a very good job) is not the style of football that led them to two gold balls in the last two years.

And before all of you fans jump on me about having something against the coach, you are wrong. I am talking strickly how the game was coached last night.

An a closing thought, what kind of coach says "I dont think you will see a better team in 2a this year". There was a time in the last few years where folks said there is not a better football team in TN, let alone 2a

I think I now know who you are. You were one of the "few" that was fired up with the way the school board hired Coach Rankin without interviewing "your boy." Why don't you find a new team to follow, because Coach Rankin is going to be our coach for a long time!

I am not sure what football game you watched last night but it was not the Alcoa game. If you had any clue about what you were talking about you would know that BOTH defenses were putting some serious pressure on BOTH offenses. So do you really think they had time to just chill in the backfield and throw a pass???? How many times did Cobb have to run in order to keep Alcoa alive?? The only thing that got us the W is that our O line REALLY stepped up in the second half and gave Rogan the ability to run and Jack the ability to pass. Rankin did very well and since apparently you weren't present at the game I'll give you a quick summary of last nights game. Basically after Sykes ff on Jock it was a defensive gridlock for the entire half until our line stepped up. Alcoa's D held us well for awhile but got worn down. If you wanna watch the game I think it's On Demand ;-p

As for the comment made by someone earlier, your right the boys on the line don't get any credit, and they deserve all the credit in the world!! Goodluck to Alcoa bring that gold ball home to East Tennessee!!