Franklin at Independence 9/15/06

indyrep

Well its official indy is for real. i think this will be the most exciting game in 6-5a this year, while both franklin and indy's defense's are awesome i can't help but wonder with franklins qb situation if indy can't score some points on offense and let their defense keep them in a game. This is a matchup with two great defenses and im gona have to go with indy on offense. The school that wins this game will win the region, but i can't help but worry if former teamate tommy johnson's one year death aniversery will throw indy off their game indy could use that as motivation though. good luck to the rebels and i can't wait to see this game.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indy 3-0. Those 3 teams have only 1 win between them.

True Hogan, but Page's other loss was to Lipscomb and Hillwood's other loss was to Gallatin (neither are slouches!) while Centennial's other loss was to Lavergne in a close game when Lavergne was ranked 10th in the Mid-state. Bottom-line, it is too soon to tell if the Eagles are for real but they have answered every challenge each week so far. I guess we will all find out what they are made of on 9/15.

Independence has been racking up victories against bad football teams. Page is 1-2, Hillwood is 0-2, and Centennial is 0-2. Let's see what happens when they play a good team before I will buy into the fact that Independence could win a region title.

Yeah but Indy is destroying those no win teams, and I guess that's the part that has me believing they could win the Region. The point 2priceless makes is a great one. In the past Franklin has been able to make the big play in a close game to pull it out. Immaculate reception to Joe Bell over Brentwood in 2003, Halfback throwback to QB against Antioch 2004 etc. But I characterize those more as Danny Nowell big plays than Craig Clayton. In fact I would point out that to my knowledge there have been no game winning big plays yet under Coach Clayton.

I would think that with Sellars now being the apparent QB going foward that he would try to form a chemistry with Todd Campbell and perhaps they can make some big plays.

The advantage that Independence has is that they look to already have their chemistry in place.

Well its official indy is for real. i think this will be the most exciting game in 6-5a this year, while both franklin and indy's defense's are awesome i can't help but wonder with franklins qb situation if indy can't score some points on offense and let their defense keep them in a game. This is a matchup with two great defenses and im gona have to go with indy on offense. The school that wins this game will win the region, but i can't help but worry if former teamate tommy johnson's one year death aniversery will throw indy off their game indy could use that as motivation though. good luck to the rebels and i can't wait to see this game.

no its not offical they havent really played anyone