greatest 1A team of all time

MrTSSAA

Last years Trousdale County Team should be considered on of the best all times. They demolished everyone except FCS on their way to winning a state championship by 50 points.

Obviously you didnt see the TC-GV score in the playoffs. You head is way to big. Your 50 point spread is way off. Check the scores. If Im not mistaken there was only one point diffrence in the spread final for GV and FSC vs TC. However thats history. You wont find out what kind of team you really have until Oct 13 in the Jungle. GV may not win. However, buckle the chin straps up tight. That will be the most physical game FCS will have to play all year. Unless you have to play GV twice.

Edited by MO$$$$

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vonore12 thanks for the words! Pride2909 if you cant win the big game you dont need to even consider that you were the best!!!!! Crap you couldnt even hold our jockstraps from 1987. You are not the best team from Greenback little lone the best 1A team ever. Crap your team is like the third or fourth best team from Greenback.

many of the greatest teams in history did not win the gold ball... the landers did beat us but that doesn't necessarily mean that they were a "better" team. look at the colts last year. look at usc last year. both of those teams had a better all around team than the teams they got beat by. not trying to stir up anything, just saying.

That is the stupidest thing ive heard! To be the greatest you have to win every game! That is the reason you are no where close to be the best team! And yes that dose mean they were the better team. Think about what you are saying. WE WERE BETTER THAN THEM BUT THEY BEAT US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now dont that sound stupid to you.

me think you could pick any Coalfield team from the last 50 years - at least that is what all of their fans tell monkeyboy - me climb trees

I dont know if you could say "any" coalfield team from the last 50 years... Not trying to say those teams weren't pretty good, but I don't recall ever losing to coalfield between 99-02

#1: Brentwood Academy 1974 I believe this was their last year competing in Class A and they were just unstoppable. Won their three playoff games in routs outscoring their three opponents by a combined 143-29.

#2: Trousdale County 1997: Out of all their great teams, this one is far superior in my opinion. They averaged 48 points in the playoffs and gave up three TOTAL touchdowns in five games! That is domination!

#3 CPA 2000: One of the most well rounded teams on both sides of the ball I have seen.

#4TPS 1970: Since this was way early in the playoff system, I will rank them this low but for anyone that saw them play in person, as I did, you can not imagine the talent on this team. Their 73-0 victory over Lewis County remains to this day the worst defeat we have ever experienced.

***Of these top four teams, I wouldn't bet for or against any of them as to which is best. In my 40 years of watching high school football in Tennessee, they are the best I have seen. I would love to see a playoff with the four duking it out

Best of the rest: 1996 DCA, 1979 Alcoa, 1999 South Pittsburgh 1984 Gordonsville and 2001 Ezell Harding.