Crockett Co. - Dyersburg

cavcav

congrats to crockett county as the revenge factor feed a hungry bunch of cavaliers.........

penalties killed the first 3 or 4 dburg posessions.......while dburg had trouble stoping the cav offense.....

score at half was 21-7.......

score at the end of the 3rd was 21-14......

dburg did a good job of making adjustments to slow down the cavs.....and dburg had a chance to tie the game with about 2 minutes to go, when dburg threw a pick near the crockett 35.....ball was returned to inside the 5, where CC punched in with 1 minute to go to seal the game at 28-14....

i heard some people knocking massey before the game.....but in my opinion, game ball goes to massey....some may disagree, but he made the clutch plays....several times when dburg had CC for 3rd and long......

good luck to both teams....

i suspect that there may be a rematch come game 13......

Crockett County killed Obion Central on third and long plays all night long.....

Penalties are a show of lack of discipline.....

Craig Massey is a VERY good QB...He was poised and made great decisions and threw a couple nice,on target long balls on OC....You could tell who the leader was on their offense,especially when one of the Johnson kids blew his top on a play in the second quarter of the game with OC.....

Sounds like the game went pretty much as planned...CC took the early lead...D-Burg, like any good team, made a run and CC made a big play at the end to seal the win....

Just wondering...How big was the crowd tonight????

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your wasting your time zack, crockett is like dyer county, every year they talk smack and then they have to think up excuses,,, we will see friday wee will see, if dyersburg looses i will be a man and give all props to crockett no excuses,,, can all the crockett fans say they same?

Waiting... :thumb:

Crockett County killed Obion Central on third and long plays all night long.....

Penalties are a show of lack of discipline.....

Craig Massey is a VERY good QB...He was poised and made great decisions and threw a couple nice,on target long balls on OC....You could tell who the leader was on their offense,especially when one of the Johnson kids blew his top on a play in the second quarter of the game with OC.....

Sounds like the game went pretty much as planned...CC took the early lead...D-Burg, like any good team, made a run and CC made a big play at the end to seal the win....

Just wondering...How big was the crowd tonight????

backinthaoc...here`s a note of interest for you. I was listening to 101.5 on the way to the JCM/Munford game and they were interviewing CC`s principal and talking about all the old "bad years" of CC football and he was asked how in the world did you find a young PA Pratt and know that he would be a great coach out of all the applicants he must have had to choose from. The principal kinda chuckled and and said "believe it or not Coach Whitby from Obion County, who I have tremendous respect for, called and told me that PA was gonna be a good one."

backinthaoc...here`s a note of interest for you. I was listening to 101.5 on the way to the JCM/Munford game and they were interviewing CC`s principal and talking about all the old "bad years" of CC football and he was asked how in the world did you find a young PA Pratt and know that he would be a great coach out of all the applicants he must have had to choose from. The principal kinda chuckled and and said "believe it or not Coach Whitby from Obion County, who I have tremendous respect for, called and told me that PA was gonna be a good one."

I'd say he was right.... :thumb:

Congrats to the Cavs on a super win over a very good Trojan squad. Someone spoke of penalties hurting Dyersburg, and they did, but man oh man did they hurt the Cavs too. 2 second half drives stalled because of holding penalties after nice gains on both plays. That would be the only negative I saw all night. The offensive line played their usual great game and the defense flexed its muscles when they had to late in the game after playing a near perfect first half.

Caldwell is a heck of a running back for the Trojans. He is going to get his yards but we contained him pretty well except for their scoring drive in the first half when he gained 48 yards total in the drive. Its scary that he's only a junior.

Ill leave the trash talking to others but I will say that I suppose Craig Massey certainly proved that he can get it done in the big games. He was 6-10 for 139 and a touchdown , with most of the completions coming on 3rd and long for big first downs. The kid got the job done, as he always does, and threw strikes all night long under a good deal of pressure from the Dburg D line. He sure doesn't need me to take up for him because he lets his leadership and arm do the talking for him. Nice statement Craig.

Congrats to the Cavs on a super win over a very good Trojan squad. Someone spoke of penalties hurting Dyersburg, and they did, but man oh man did they hurt the Cavs too. 2 second half drives stalled because of holding penalties after nice gains on both plays. That would be the only negative I saw all night. The offensive line played their usual great game and the defense flexed its muscles when they had to late in the game after playing a near perfect first half.

Caldwell is a heck of a running back for the Trojans. He is going to get his yards but we contained him pretty well except for their scoring drive in the first half when he gained 48 yards total in the drive. Its scary that he's only a junior.

Ill leave the trash talking to others but I will say that I suppose Craig Massey certainly proved that he can get it done in the big games. He was 6-10 for 139 and a touchdown , with most of the completions coming on 3rd and long for big first downs. The kid got the job done, as he always does, and threw strikes all night long under a good deal of pressure from the Dburg D line. He sure doesn't need me to take up for him because he lets his leadership and arm do the talking for him. Nice statement Craig.

I really am wondering what game you were watching, Maybe that ageme in your head you wanted to see. heck the only reason the made the big stops on D last was be cuz D'burg was always in a 2 and 20 situation, heck I am not even a coach and could stop that, And pressure on Massey heck he only got hit on time and it was a good two seconds after he let the ball go. The Doubled J.T and even with the man free somewhere we didnt get it doen. I believe that this is a case were the didnt be us we beat ourselves. Man you didn't the D'burg team that played last week or for that matter this season...And you could ttell by the reaction by Boach ?Counce the they weren't excuting....Offensively the didnt put a good drive together until the 3rd corner and you could tell if the excuted it would work. This one should have been a lot closer

Why don't some of you Trojan fans "man-up" and give the Cavs a little respect...They beat the Trojans..The Trojans didn't lose it..The Cavs are loaded this year...It might be "their" year...But,hey...you guys may meet again and see who can take it in the play-offs...But in the mean-time show a little humility and go on...If the Trojans sulk about this like some of their fans are going to do,the ole Choctaws from down the road will get ya in Week 6..... :thumb:

I really am wondering what game you were watching, Maybe that ageme in your head you wanted to see. heck the only reason the made the big stops on D last was be cuz D'burg was always in a 2 and 20 situation, heck I am not even a coach and could stop that, And pressure on Massey heck he only got hit on time and it was a good two seconds after he let the ball go. The Doubled J.T and even with the man free somewhere we didnt get it doen. I believe that this is a case were the didnt be us we beat ourselves. Man you didn't the D'burg team that played last week or for that matter this season...And you could ttell by the reaction by Boach ?Counce the they weren't excuting....Offensively the didnt put a good drive together until the 3rd corner and you could tell if the excuted it would work. This one should have been a lot closer

I think what Crockett County did was called game planing. Maybe Dyersburg didn't look as good agianst them becuase Crockett has more talent and they executed a game plan that P.A. Pratt worked hard at putting together.

You're not even a coach and you could have stopped the penalties? You can't even stop yourself from misspellings on coacht posts. Give it a rest, give C.C. some congrats, and if you are that good of a coach then send some resumes out, but please use the spell check.

Penalties and yardage according to the Jackson Sun: (and yes I realize these are unofficial so chill)

Dyersburg: 4 for 20 yards

Crockett: 6 for 56 yards

I remember 2 false starts and 1 motion penalty for 5 yards for the Trojans but I dont remember the 4th penalty. The way I read it, they had (4) five yard penalties. Not sure where you come up with "always in a 2nd and 20 situation"

Maybe, just maybe, Dburgs lack of execution had something to do with the fact that they were playing a good team, whose entire purpose is to stop the other team from executing their game plan.

And I never said Massey got hit a lot, I said he was under a good deal of pressure.

Why don't some of you Trojan fans "man-up" and give the Cavs a little respect

You know, I know the CC players would love some respect from area teams and the newspapers, etc, but when it all comes down to it, that really doesn't matter. All that matters is that big W on the schedule and I'm so proud of them for winning last night.

It says a lot about a coach when people who have nothing to do with the football program or who don't really know PA can talk to others about, through a steadily winning program, the amazing things he's done with these guys and helping to instill values and skills in them that they may never get somewhere else.

PA also has great coaches helpin him too, so it's just a big ole family and I couldn't be prouder of 'em! :thumb:

You know, I know the CC players would love some respect from area teams and the newspapers, etc, but when it all comes down to it, that really doesn't matter. All that matters is that big W on the schedule and I'm so proud of them for winning last night.

It says a lot about a coach when people who have nothing to do with the football program or who don't really know PA can talk to others about, through a steadily winning program, the amazing things he's done with these guys and helping to instill values and skills in them that they may never get somewhere else.

PA also has great coaches helpin him too, so it's just a big ole family and I couldn't be prouder of 'em! :thumb:

Amen. For anyone to get on here and slander PA Pratt is really a show of cowardice and ignorance. PA is one of the most humble, down to earth, christian men you will ever meet. He and his coaches have always put their players first. Knowing PA personally, and talking with him at length about why he coaches, for him it is not about winning and losing, it's about the young men he invests in and tries to help be successful. PA is extremely loyal and protective of his coaches, his players and his school. You will not find another man in the state that loves his players more and tries to serve them not only as a coach but as a father and a friend. If you're ever around him ask him to show you the card he gives each of his players before the year starts and that about sums it up. PA pretty much is an unbelievable example of what the word "coach" really means. Good luck the rest of the way Cavs, and Trojans. Hopefully we'll see you two lock horns again in about round 2 or 3 of the playoffs.